Anvil Game Studios

Author Topic: Free-look system  (Read 180 times)

Offline Albino_Yeti

• Ordinary Seaman
Free-look system
« on: July 10, 2017, 03:15:54 am »
Before I begin, please forgive me if this has already been brought up, or has already been confirmed. I didn't see anything on it so I assumed it hadn't been mentioned yet.

I think it would be cool to be able to freely turn the camera to get a 360 view of your camera, similar to how you are able to do so in Napoleonic Wars and other games like Arma. From the videos we have seen, it looks like the camera is fixed where you are aiming, so having the ability to press, to use the NW example, ` to freely turn the camera as if you were turning your head, would be a nice little addition to add immersion.

Again, if this has already been brought up, I'm sorry haha, I haven't seen it mentioned yet.

Super excited for this game though! I can't wait to finally play a worthy successor to Napoleonic Wars.

Offline Refleax

• Anvil Game Studios
  • Surgeon
  • May good health be yours!
    • Holdfast: NaW
  • Faction: Neutral
  • Nick: Refleax
Re: Free-look system
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2017, 03:40:08 am »
Hey, thank you for your suggestion Yeti and welcome!

We do have an orbit camera in the game and it's already functional - You can also zoom in and out by using the mouse wheel. The default key for the orbit camera is the tilde key which can be changed through the key bind settings.

You can also look over your shoulder when sailing a ship in first person or sitting on chairs, benches and other designated areas.

Facebook     |        Twitter     |        Community Discord

Offline Albino_Yeti

• Ordinary Seaman
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2017, 03:48:32 am »

We do have an orbit camera in the game and it's already functional - You can also zoom in and out by using the mouse wheel. The default key for the orbit camera is the tilde key which can be changed through the key bind settings.

You can also look over your shoulder when sailing a ship in first person or sitting on chairs, benches and other designated areas.
That's awesome! and thanks for the reply! I can't wait to get my hands on this game haha. Good luck to you and everyone else at Anvil! I'll definitely be sticking around these forums to check out any new development updates and discussion :)

Offline Refleax

• Anvil Game Studios
  • Surgeon
  • May good health be yours!
    • Holdfast: NaW
  • Faction: Neutral
  • Nick: Refleax
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2017, 03:55:51 am »

That's awesome! and thanks for the reply! I can't wait to get my hands on this game haha. Good luck to you and everyone else at Anvil! I'll definitely be sticking around these forums to check out any new development updates and discussion :)

You're welcome.

Facebook     |        Twitter     |        Community Discord