Anvil Game Studios

Author Topic: Holdfast: Nations At War - Gameplay  (Read 2716 times)

Offline TooL69

• Surgeon's Mate
Re: Holdfast: Nations At War - Gameplay
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2017, 08:03:58 pm »

also the jumping looks better than NW and like more of a hop then a jump. Lets say if you were running with that gear on I would hop cause actually jumping is impossible.

I've never seen jumping soldiers. This is absurd.

Offline Albino_Yeti

• Ordinary Seaman
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2017, 09:10:22 pm »
Game looks awesome so far!! I've been watching gameplay from various Youtubers today to get pumped for next week lol.

One thing I noticed was that the classes had a cap on the amount of players that could play them. Are the days of having 20 flutists on one team over? I honestly don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing lol.

The developers will be allowing server owners to change class limits in the near future :)
Ah that's cool! My dreams of a violin-only boat may yet be realized.... and immediately destroyed as we get bombarded with cannonfire.

also the jumping looks better than NW and like more of a hop then a jump. Lets say if you were running with that gear on I would hop cause actually jumping is impossible.

It's a videogame friend, jumping will have zero effect on the game.

Offline TooL69

• Surgeon's Mate
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2017, 11:32:48 pm »
It's a videogame friend, jumping will have zero effect on the game.

Jumps greatly affect the gameplay. Can you get into a jumping player? Hardly.
It's good that the developers have already promised to introduce a limit on jumping.

Offline Bluehawk

• Global Moderator
  • Midshipman
  • Что делать? Стоять и умирать!
  • Faction: Prussia
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2017, 12:29:50 am »

Never?
[close]

Offline Knightmare

• Chaplain
  • paki
  • Faction: British Empire
  • Nick: S.Williamson
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2017, 12:47:49 am »

Never?
[close]
Over the top's top.

Offline Jelly

• Midshipman's Mate
  • cry havoc and let slip the doggos of war
  • Faction: Neutral
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2017, 01:24:32 am »
you've seen voltigeurs though, right? literally translates to vaulters. so you have seen jumping soldiers :^)

Offline Harbinger

• Petty Officer
  • 51st Regiment
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2017, 05:21:54 pm »

This guy is right, jumping wasn't invented until 1922.
5/10 would NOT buy
"1776 will commence again if you try to take away our firearms!" ~ A. Jones

Offline TooL69

• Surgeon's Mate
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2017, 07:39:47 pm »

Never?
[close]

I understand the photo staged?

You certainly will not believe, but in the 21st century on the Internet there are thousands of kinds of videos in which fighters face to face. But nobody jumps there.

I hope you have 18+ years?

Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]

Offline Harbinger

• Petty Officer
  • 51st Regiment
« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2017, 08:11:44 pm »

Never?
[close]

I understand the photo staged?

You certainly will not believe, but in the 21st century on the Internet there are thousands of kinds of videos in which fighters face to face. But nobody jumps there.

I hope you have 18+ years?

Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
I admire this guy's autism, to be honest
"1776 will commence again if you try to take away our firearms!" ~ A. Jones

Offline Bluehawk

• Global Moderator
  • Midshipman
  • Что делать? Стоять и умирать!
  • Faction: Prussia
« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2017, 10:06:00 pm »
I am 12 and what is this?

Spoiler
[close]

Offline Blaze

• Server Administrator
  • Midshipman's Mate
« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2017, 10:23:51 pm »
Modern Combat and WW2/1 are very very different.
Let's take Syria as an example here, in WW2 soldiers when pushing and managing to take out an enemy trench, they wouldn't stop, climb down, climb back up and continue pushing, that's not how it worked, you had to work efficiently and quickly and so jumping over the trench was the most effective thing to continue pushing so in the case you say it's staged, no it's history.

Modern combat, I don't think you see trenches dug out in the middle of the desert by the US, ISIS, Peshmerga, Kurdistan Troops? so in the videos you provided you can clearly see that, 1) there isn't much to jump over or 2) the videos are near buildings / strategical positions for them to keep, now if you think and take into consideration and instead of looking for a specific kind of video of people not jumping take into consideration in the middle-east there is a lot of rubble, small walls, and other objects in the way in general, when a convoy or a patrol is ambushed I've watched countless headcams of soldiers jumping over a small wall to get into cover, in that situation they were being shot at but they still jumped to get into cover.
Every video that you provided is either near building combat or combat in armoured vehicles, there is no point in jumping around in an armoured vehicle because you already have an advantage there, and the building combat what is the point in jumping in a building where you are either A) Pinned or B) Have clear shots towards the enemy's? Soldiers jump over things when it is needed like Bluehawk provided us with picture(s) of a soldier jumping over barbed wire, you never know what the situation may have been and maybe he wouldn't have had enough time to cut the wire, or even had the right tools for the wire, so jumping in that situation would've been the most efficient way, Soldiers don't just jump for the fun of it.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 10:27:43 pm by Blaze »

Offline Jelly

• Midshipman's Mate
  • cry havoc and let slip the doggos of war
  • Faction: Neutral
« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2017, 10:37:26 pm »

Spoiler
[close]
that isn't actually combat, it's the east german bloke jumping the wire into west berlin

Offline TooL69

• Surgeon's Mate
« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2017, 02:31:40 pm »

Spoiler
[close]

In the photo again, not military conditions.

I do not want players to spam their jumps during a fight, like in Quake 3.

Offline TooL69

• Surgeon's Mate
« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2017, 02:37:00 pm »
Modern Combat and WW2/1 are very very different.
Let's take Syria as an example here, in WW2 soldiers when pushing and managing to take out an enemy trench, they wouldn't stop, climb down, climb back up and continue pushing, that's not how it worked, you had to work efficiently and quickly and so jumping over the trench was the most effective thing to continue pushing so in the case you say it's staged, no it's history.

Modern combat, I don't think you see trenches dug out in the middle of the desert by the US, ISIS, Peshmerga, Kurdistan Troops? so in the videos you provided you can clearly see that, 1) there isn't much to jump over or 2) the videos are near buildings / strategical positions for them to keep, now if you think and take into consideration and instead of looking for a specific kind of video of people not jumping take into consideration in the middle-east there is a lot of rubble, small walls, and other objects in the way in general, when a convoy or a patrol is ambushed I've watched countless headcams of soldiers jumping over a small wall to get into cover, in that situation they were being shot at but they still jumped to get into cover.
Every video that you provided is either near building combat or combat in armoured vehicles, there is no point in jumping around in an armoured vehicle because you already have an advantage there, and the building combat what is the point in jumping in a building where you are either A) Pinned or B) Have clear shots towards the enemy's? Soldiers jump over things when it is needed like Bluehawk provided us with picture(s) of a soldier jumping over barbed wire, you never know what the situation may have been and maybe he wouldn't have had enough time to cut the wire, or even had the right tools for the wire, so jumping in that situation would've been the most efficient way, Soldiers don't just jump for the fun of it.

Without proof your words are speculative.

I assure you, no one jumped in battle.

Offline Miller786

• Able Seaman
« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2017, 02:39:28 pm »
this is hilarious