Anvil Game Studios

Author Topic: Oceanic NW Discussion  (Read 1966 times)

Offline Griffin

• Able Seaman
  • Faction: French Empire
Re: Oceanic NW Discussion
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2017, 10:35:57 am »
Hm yeah, fair is fair Bob.

Let's leave shit in the past, where it belongs.

Offline Exodus

• Chaplain
  • Major Jackson - 1st Royal Victoria Regiment
  • Faction: British Empire
  • Nick: Louis Jackson
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2017, 01:49:12 pm »
When people openly brag about ddosing in the community - well - you're not made of Teflon buddy. Some shit just won't wipe off.
I quote "Heavy Bob is a detrimental threat to the existence of harmony in Oceania." - Griffin
https://ibb.co/kuVHzQ

I'm curious, if that was a chat between Wolfgang and Griffin...How'd you get a hold of it?

Offline Heavy Bob

• Petty Officer
  • GGS.SX
    • GGS.SX
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2017, 04:32:42 pm »
I'm curious, if that was a chat between Wolfgang and Griffin...How'd you get a hold of it?

Weren't you paying attention? Totally hacked it.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 04:40:29 pm by Heavy Bob »

Offline Griffin

• Able Seaman
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2017, 04:29:56 am »
After playing the game a fair bit I'm surprised nobody has formed a naval unit.

The game is so bloody fun out on open water - I feel like Holdfast really captured what the Napoleonic Wars ought to be and filled in all the gaps that M&B left out

Offline monte

• Landsman
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2017, 02:45:50 pm »
A lot of familiar names im seeing, most of the original NW regiments seem to be moving over to holdfast which is good with the exception of the ex VG guys apparently Hamor and co dislike the game, he is probably butthurt he won't be able to get a gazillion kills on a cannon

Offline Truth

• Surgeon
  • A true champion will fight through anything!
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2017, 03:31:32 pm »
A lot of familiar names im seeing, most of the original NW regiments seem to be moving over to holdfast which is good with the exception of the ex VG guys apparently Hamor and co dislike the game, he is probably butthurt he won't be able to get a gazillion kills on a cannon

It's actually very easy to get cannon kills at the moment monte you'd  be suprised!
Because I find the cannon very easy to use. But artillery is in development so ramrods and artillery class is in development.

Offline Griffin

• Able Seaman
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2017, 01:42:43 am »
Has anyone heard any dev news on when the server slots will be expanded? (125 cap is kinda restrictive)

Offline Truth

• Surgeon
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2017, 07:08:38 am »
Hey, Griffin mate

Refleax - Yesterday at 23:16
@Truth It is not recommended to go above 126 players until we give the go ahead to do so.
@Truth We increased the limit because we need to start performing more stress testing to check stability and continue increasing the player count.

-----------------

So not really restrictive just recommended to keep at 126 until testing/optimizng goes ahead.

Offline Griffin

• Able Seaman
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2017, 04:36:47 am »
Do we know if the latest patch has optimized the admin tools and server stability?

Or is it just lip service ?

Offline Truth

• Surgeon
« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2017, 06:31:54 am »
Do we know if the latest patch has optimized the admin tools and server stability?

Or is it just lip service ?

Servers can now be bumped up to 150, some server hosts are bumping it up now, I noticed Oasis is doing it now. So what I am seeing yes the servers are more stable.
Admin tools are still being worked on more, there has been more commands added in for the Rcon.

Offline Griffin

• Able Seaman
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2017, 06:40:44 am »
Should get the regs back on board for another go at it. I know the 95th and Pav are dropping and the 1stRVR is on it's way out but still, if they're improving the game, we should give the developers the benefit of the doubt

Offline Truth

• Surgeon
« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2017, 06:47:07 am »
Should get the regs back on board for another go at it. I know the 95th and Pav are dropping and the 1stRVR is on it's way out but still, if they're improving the game, we should give the developers the benefit of the doubt

That would be great, I think once an admin menu pops up it will get most of Oceania on board.

Offline Griffin

• Able Seaman
« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2017, 07:05:07 am »
Might be wrong here but could one of the reasons people aren't embracing Holdfast is they're just not used to the combat mechanics?

After so many years building up skill in NW becoming so adept at it, I could understand why some would be reluctant to forfeit that skill in lieu of a new game with new mechanics to learn and master.

Even I can't go back to NW though, cavalry or not. The graphics look just plain awful.

Offline Son of Apollo

• Able Seaman
  • Nick: Apollo
« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2017, 01:27:46 am »
The game play for Holdfast is still a work in progress, therefore going to change so I don't know what mechanics you're working on mastering Griffin.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone else has seen FSE have been working on a community driven final NW patch since August. Mostly stats changes and commander battle I believe.