Anvil Game Studios

Author Topic: Will this game have females?  (Read 3976 times)

Online VetroG

• Lieutenant
  • 93rd Kgm | 91st Rct | Musketeers GF Team
  • Faction: British Empire
  • Nick: Alexander G.
Re: Will this game have zee females?
« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2017, 03:34:13 pm »
Please add this.

Offline Harry26548

• Petty Officer
  • Nick: Earl of Berkley
« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2017, 03:38:18 pm »
We get it. Napoleonic armies were made up almost exclusively of men.

Yes

Offline dragon_12dk

• Midshipman's Mate
  • Faction: Neutral
  • Nick: Commodore
« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2017, 01:42:30 am »
It's 1803 - 1815, not 2017. It wouldn't make any sense to have females in any war simulation game unless the game is modern or future.
Spoiler
[close]

Offline Spork

• Able Seaman
  • 为人民服务 - Serve the People
  • Nick: SJWC Spork
« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2017, 03:19:03 pm »
War simulation game? Perhaps there should also be a random chance that your soldier will have caught some disease in camp before the battle and as you're marching out towards the enemy you just fall over and die before any shots are fired, or you can start with 75% health. The surgeon class wouldn't really be able to heal anyone unless it's just a small gash from a sword or a bullet graze, if you actually take damage the surgeon sends you back to the medical tent where you will rest for a week until you die. Perhaps they should add in effects of being scared or shell-shocked so that you literally can't control your soldier and just hide somewhere until you are shot for cowardice by your own officer.

No, this is just a modern video game, and people should be able to play as who they are if they want. It was fine in NW and it will be fine in Holdfast.

Offline Almqvist

• Regiment Leaders
  • Chaplain
  • Swede of the year
    • Svea Livgarde
  • Nick: Almqvist
« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2017, 03:34:27 pm »
War simulation game? Perhaps there should also be a random chance that your soldier will have caught some disease in camp before the battle and as you're marching out towards the enemy you just fall over and die before any shots are fired, or you can start with 75% health. The surgeon class wouldn't really be able to heal anyone unless it's just a small gash from a sword or a bullet graze, if you actually take damage the surgeon sends you back to the medical tent where you will rest for a week until you die. Perhaps they should add in effects of being scared or shell-shocked so that you literally can't control your soldier and just hide somewhere until you are shot for cowardice by your own officer.

No, this is just a modern video game, and people should be able to play as who they are if they want. It was fine in NW and it will be fine in Holdfast.
This sounds like an amazing gamemode

Offline Intel Guardian

• Chaplain
  • Warum bin ich ein anime mädchen?
    • My Twitter
  • Nick: Intel
« Reply #35 on: October 17, 2017, 03:54:41 pm »
If you die the game gets uninstalled.

Offline Duke_Countu

• Master's Mate
« Reply #36 on: October 17, 2017, 06:43:08 pm »
Perhaps you could add women in the form of civilian models for some role-playing experiences, but I'm not sure how I feel about going the Battlefield route.

Offline Clark Harrington

• Ordinary Seaman
    • 9tes IR
  • Faction: Prussia
« Reply #37 on: October 17, 2017, 06:56:35 pm »
Jeez, guys.
Whenever I geht a game, I always play a female Charakter in the beginning. I build a story around them, and I am usually pretty angry, especially with modern combat games. But here: we play napoleonic era warfare. Yes, there were women in that time disguised as men, but that is the whole point of it: making obvious female characters would turn the whole thing ad absurdum, since theyre first goal is to Heide theire gender.
"Do not ever tell this to somebody here again. Sailors are superstitious, and having a woman on board means death. To them you are just another boy. Keep it that way."

Offline dragon_12dk

• Midshipman's Mate
« Reply #38 on: October 18, 2017, 02:11:25 am »
Jeez, guys.
Whenever I geht a game, I always play a female Charakter in the beginning. I build a story around them, and I am usually pretty angry, especially with modern combat games. But here: we play napoleonic era warfare. Yes, there were women in that time disguised as men, but that is the whole point of it: making obvious female characters would turn the whole thing ad absurdum, since theyre first goal is to Heide theire gender.
The "women disguised as men" would have been like 0.0001% of any military population anyways. If added to the game, that static would change to a historically inaccurate 50% or at least 25%

So you basically are saying screw all history because simple game mechanics will always exist. That is a completely flawed way of thinking, that would prevent anyone on planet earth from making a historically accurate game because someone will always be able to pipe up and find some minor detail that isn't 100% right. It is ridiculous to say "oh, this game is about 12% inaccurate to history, which means we should just go ahead and make it 90% inaccurate because screw history, we cant make a perfectly accurate game so we shouldn't try at all."
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 02:13:06 am by dragon_12dk »
Spoiler
[close]

Offline Destraex

• Surgeon's Mate
« Reply #39 on: October 18, 2017, 11:36:28 pm »
I want jet fighters in game. Because loophole in history. Plus this small dev team does not have enough on its plate already. Lets pay homage to Political Correctness in what is supposed to be a relaxing hobby. Napoleonic runways please as well for alien spacecraft.
"FORMATION mechanic that allows formation members to respawn back into them."

Offline Jackson

• Global Moderator
  • Midshipman
« Reply #40 on: October 19, 2017, 12:23:32 am »
If the developers were to add women (and I don't really think they will), it wouldn't be in the name of "political correctness", whatever the hell that means.
-Freelance character designer for Holdfast: Nations At War.

Offline Brigadier_General

• Petty Officer
  • "Conquer or be conquered"
  • Nick: Thegn
« Reply #41 on: October 19, 2017, 04:33:46 am »
This isn't 2017

Offline dragon_12dk

• Midshipman's Mate
« Reply #42 on: October 19, 2017, 05:20:39 am »
If the developers were to add women (and I don't really think they will), it wouldn't be in the name of "political correctness", whatever the hell that means.

as defined by the Webster dictionary, political correctness is:
"the avoidance, often considered as taken to extremes, of forms of expression or action that are perceived to exclude, marginalize, or insult groups of people who are socially disadvantaged or discriminated against."
Spoiler
[close]

Offline Intel Guardian

• Chaplain
  • Warum bin ich ein anime mädchen?
    • My Twitter
  • Nick: Intel
« Reply #43 on: October 19, 2017, 08:58:05 am »
But surely if they do, it would be for player choice and not for political correctness.