Anvil Game Studios

Poll

Do you think we should be able to Color Code our ships ingame and have emblems kind of like Guns of Icarus

Yes
42 (66.7%)
No
15 (23.8%)
I don't care
6 (9.5%)

Total Members Voted: 63

Author Topic: Ship discussion  (Read 5624 times)

Offline OlavDeng2

• Ordinary Seaman
    • Youtube Channel
  • Faction: British Empire
  • Nick: Olav Van Deng
Re: Ship discussion
« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2017, 11:51:57 am »
This is my favorite ship. Santisima Trinidad. Biggest ship afloat in 1790s and first ship of the line.

Couldnt find good pictures on Google. But this should be it.

Do you mean 1st rate ship of the line? since she isnt first ship of the line. Also, another nit pick, she wasnt the largest ship afloat in 1790. She did have the most guns at 138 guns but the biggest ship, if my history is correct, was the newly built(at the time) commerce de mersaille of the Ocean class ship of the line.

Offline DΛRKWΛVΣ

• Surgeon
  • Captain, 1st Battalion, Fusiliers-Grenadiers
  • Faction: French Empire
  • Nick: Ethan Mansour
« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2017, 12:38:52 pm »
Yeah I meant that.  :)

And yeah could be that French one but this ship was the biggest of one year in the 1790s I don't know the exact year anymore but I have read it somewhere.

Offline OlavDeng2

• Ordinary Seaman
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2017, 03:59:26 pm »
Yeah I meant that.  :)

And yeah could be that French one but this ship was the biggest of one year in the 1790s I don't know the exact year anymore but I have read it somewhere.
Most guns yes, honestly, she might have been the been the biggest when she was built in 1769, but i believe the french got similarly sized ships around the same time as well. Not to discredit her impressive arnament though, but she was a floating brick as well simply due to her imense weight and not really being designed for her armament(she was designed as a 112 gun 1st rate Ship of the Line.

Offline Nano

• Petty Officer
  • Meme'd my life away
  • Nick: 84e_Nano
« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2017, 08:34:01 am »
Am I being negative if I think that there will be max 4th rates in this?
« Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 08:55:21 am by Nano »

Offline OlavDeng2

• Ordinary Seaman
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2017, 11:58:43 am »
Am I being negative if I think that there will be max 4th rates in this?
Not really, considering a 4th rate is max about 60 guns, that would still be doable in game deending on player numbers, but a 100 gun Ship of the line i think will get a bit much

Offline Bravescot

• Midshipman's Mate
« Reply #35 on: February 04, 2017, 12:09:38 pm »
I recall one of the Devs saying at the ships themselves take up a large amount of server space as moving entities. As a result I'd be over the moon with the largest ship being a Sixth-rate. If not maybe a Sloop-of-War.

Offline Ribs

• Midshipman's Mate
« Reply #36 on: February 08, 2017, 09:08:00 pm »
I recall one of the Devs saying at the ships themselves take up a large amount of server space as moving entities. As a result I'd be over the moon with the largest ship being a Sixth-rate. If not maybe a Sloop-of-War.

I agree with you 6th rates would suffice as the strain on server resources would be intense.

Offline Scotty

• Landsman
  • Yo ho, Yo ho, a pirates life for me!
  • Nick: Scotty
« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2017, 07:15:57 pm »
Adding on to what some people said about boarding ships, I think that the mechanic that Blackwake has would work very well in this game. What happens is when you grapple an enemy, unless they remove the grapple, you have to kill everyone on board to capture the ship. Of course with this game being on a much grander scale you could adopt that mechanic BUT instead of the ship sinking like in Blackwake, your crew could commandeer the ship and maybe even use it against the enemy. There could also be a gamemode where one team is in little rowboats, going to try to capture a previously captured ship.
Much wow, Scotty

Offline crazy8headshot

• Petty Officer
  • Infantry Leads the Way
  • Nick: 54yCrazy8
« Reply #38 on: June 27, 2017, 02:36:37 am »
SOOOOOOOO if I am reading all of this right... does this mean bigger ships in game? or there is a possibility? we just don't know.  ;D ;D

Offline Karshaw

• Petty Officer
  • Nick: Karshaw
« Reply #39 on: August 22, 2017, 06:25:30 pm »
Looks like a dead post, but Im wondering if we will be able to work the guns by ourselves like in NW or if it will be a bit more realistic and need a few people to run out swab out and all that stuff, because if it's the latter then we can go ahead and not even think about 4th rates and up lol. The idea of smaller ships being worked well (multiple players per gun) is more appealing to me personally, better teamwork is rewarded by getting the guns loaded and run out faster, than the kinda vanilla single person loading and running out a massive piece of iron. Just my 2 cents. Also a climbing mechanic seems like a must for ships, where we can actually "grab" onto ladders and ropes.

Offline Garrel

• Acting Lieutenant
  • Art & Graphics Person.
    • Neptune Designs
  • Nick: Finn
« Reply #40 on: August 22, 2017, 06:40:55 pm »
I think it could possibly be 2-3 men per cannon. Also, it would be nice to see people climbing as you've quite perfectly stated out.

It would be a lot more efficient and enjoyable to have the freedom to see people climbing up the rope on the side of the ship to get to the nest or one/group of the marines climb up to the mast and then when in range, start firing at the enemy ship-crew.

Offline Karshaw

• Petty Officer
  • Nick: Karshaw
« Reply #41 on: August 22, 2017, 07:39:28 pm »
Yeah, I just know how horrible it is trying to get up the ratlines in Blackwake lol. You fall at least half the time. How the devs deal with falling deaths and damage will be interesting to see.

Offline Garrel

• Acting Lieutenant
  • Art & Graphics Person.
    • Neptune Designs
  • Nick: Finn
« Reply #42 on: August 22, 2017, 10:40:32 pm »
Indeed.

Offline cyberlegend

• Petty Officer
  • i do commissions msg me for my paypal