Anvil Game Studios

Author Topic: Not this old chestnut...  (Read 2135 times)

Offline Griffin

• Able Seaman
  • Faction: French Empire
Re: Not this old chestnut...
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2017, 04:25:58 am »
I think for an alpha the game is quite up there. I've played others that are in far worse shape.

Ofcourse it won't be perfect. I'd encourage people to exercise patience and provide constructive feedback to the devs who are actively involved in the community, which is in my mind a big plus.

After playing this and seeing the graphics and mechanics, I'm very reluctant to go back to NW (mind you, most of my current regiment only owns holdfast anyway)

Offline Jakester

• Server Administrator
  • Acting Lieutenant
  • "Politics is just history in the making."
    • Steam Profile
  • Faction: Neutral
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2017, 04:19:55 pm »
Ofcourse it won't be perfect. I'd encourage people to exercise patience and provide constructive feedback to the devs who are actively involved in the community, which is in my mind a big plus.

This is incredibly important. Please continue to tell people to be patient with the game and to have them write down your constructive criticisms in some form of list, and then post that list or have someone post it here for the developers to see!

Offline The_Marechal

• Landsman
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2017, 03:42:27 pm »

This is incredibly important. Please continue to tell people to be patient with the game and to have them write down your constructive criticisms in some form of list, and then post that list or have someone post it here for the developers to see!

lol the devs clearly aren't serious about the games development, they were too busy giving pre-release access to youtube letsplayers (aids) and going into EA without core mechanics such as melee functioning hence why it's dead in the Australian community already, per my prediction.

Offline Truth

• Surgeon
  • A true champion will fight through anything!
  • Faction: British Empire
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2017, 08:52:33 am »

lol the devs clearly aren't serious about the games development, they were too busy giving pre-release access to youtube letsplayers (aids) and going into EA without core mechanics such as melee functioning hence why it's dead in the Australian community already, per my prediction.

The thing is though, the reason why melee & core mechanics are not complete though is because most of the Holdfast community was pressuring the developers to release the game early which it did, and which it is in a early stage of alpha.

Thanks for the feedback though.

Offline Heavy Bob

• Petty Officer
  • GGS.SX
    • GGS.SX
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2017, 10:45:01 pm »
I thought the reason was because the holdfast devs forgot that clients should never be > server.
Cheating is a big problem on those official servers. Glad they are putting in both admin tools and are reworking the backend to ensure better accuracy and in turn better melee.

Offline monte

• Landsman
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2017, 05:23:01 am »

The thing is though, the reason why melee & core mechanics are not complete though is because most of the Holdfast community was pressuring the developers to release the game early which it did, and which it is in a early stage of alpha.

OR because the games a money-grab and the devs are incompetent, unable to exceed 200 player slots achieved on a 2008 era engine, LMAO! there is a reason why the old great aus NW regiments give no fucks about this game.

Offline Truth

• Surgeon
  • A true champion will fight through anything!
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2017, 05:52:49 am »
OR because the games a money-grab and the devs are incompetent, unable to exceed 200 player slots achieved on a 2008 era engine, LMAO! there is a reason why the old great aus NW regiments give no fucks about this game.

They have spent over 3 years developing the game, I don't see why this would be a money grab, also just to clarify servers can now hold 150 and fairly sure nearly able to hold 200.

« Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 05:54:22 am by Truth »

Offline Heavy Bob

• Petty Officer
  • GGS.SX
    • GGS.SX
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2017, 10:24:43 pm »

Nice roast. How many attended last weekends NW line battle? I heard it was around 60.

Offline Griffin

• Able Seaman
  • Faction: French Empire
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2017, 04:24:25 am »
Feel like we are scapegoating Holdfast unfairly.

The Aus NW community has been slowly committing seppuku gradually over about a year or so - since Boomerang Gaming went.

A lot of the issue isn't about the NW Game or about HF. A big reason people are deterred from playing In line battles is the toxic behaviour of some of the individuals involved id say.

Unless you guys want the community to die off completely (if it hasn't already) id start taking a harder stance against that kinda childish rubbish.