Anvil Game Studios

Poll

Should we make line battle maps rotate more frequently in the official server map rotation?

Yes
162 (81.4%)
No
37 (18.6%)

Total Members Voted: 199

Voting closed: November 26, 2017, 09:41:57 pm

Author Topic: Official server linebattle map rotation. Cast your vote!  (Read 6160 times)

Offline Refleax

• Anvil Game Studios
  • Purser
  • May good health be yours!
    • Holdfast: NaW
  • Faction: Neutral
  • Nick: Refleax
Re: Official server linebattle map rotation. Cast your vote!
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2017, 10:54:26 am »
Feel free to share this poll around amongst your peers.

Facebook     |        Twitter     |        Community Discord

Offline Patient Fodder

• Petty Officer
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2017, 02:12:23 pm »
Lines end up trying to shoot eachother at 100 metres on these maps, completely disregarding flanks or anything that is not part of their line.
The forming of lines by commanders wastes a lot of time at spawn, and if there is an enemy behind spawn they don't even notice it because, well, form up and get in line (this happens on all maps)! Enforce it on dedicated public line battle servers, and on private servers where the owner demands a certain role play. On that note, I have seen commanders forming lines against the fort .... clueless.

I am already at the stage that once Tahir desert starts I disconnect from the server. I'd rather see a focus on the defensive and attacking/besieging roles switching regularly on (siege) servers than anything else at the moment.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 02:45:05 pm by Patient Fodder »
A few honest men are better than numbers.
O.C. ca 1630

Offline Dragoneer

• Standing Officer
  • Faction: French Empire
  • Nick: [4th] John Lee
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2017, 08:00:10 pm »
to be honest, no, the linebattle maps offer 0 fun for anyone on the public unmodded servers

Offline Doomzdayz

• Server Administrator
  • Petty Officer
  • Major of the 78th Highlanders
  • Faction: British Empire
  • Nick: DayZ
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2017, 12:00:28 am »
Big open maps with no other features to them are the worst imo. The desert one we have right now isn't too bad because you have the ruins on either side which offer some closer combat, but the open grass and snow plain map last too long and don't offer much incentive to do anything other than just snipe the enemy as far away as possible.

Grassy plains is in my opinion one of the Best maps if not the best map in the game its really the only one that doesn't have much cover except for the small sections of rocks at each side which is epic. Players and officers have a chance to form 30-50 man lines and exchange volleys which is not only awesome as hell and provides kick ass role play its literally how soldiers fought in the Era. in strait lines and usually in quite open fields. Grassy plains will remain one of the best maps in the game at least if you like to form 50 man lines and do massive volleys :)

Offline Harry

• Standing Officer
  • [92nd] Pte Harry Forbes
    • 92nd Website
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2017, 10:43:51 am »
Big open maps with no other features to them are the worst imo. The desert one we have right now isn't too bad because you have the ruins on either side which offer some closer combat, but the open grass and snow plain map last too long and don't offer much incentive to do anything other than just snipe the enemy as far away as possible.

Grassy plains is in my opinion one of the Best maps if not the best map in the game its really the only one that doesn't have much cover except for the small sections of rocks at each side which is epic. Players and officers have a chance to form 30-50 man lines and exchange volleys which is not only awesome as hell and provides kick ass role play its literally how soldiers fought in the Era. in strait lines and usually in quite open fields. Grassy plains will remain one of the best maps in the game at least if you like to form 50 man lines and do massive volleys :)

Yeah I get why people like it. People prefer different experiences on public I guess, personally I never form or join lines on public unless I'm with my reg.

Offline Patient Fodder

• Petty Officer
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2017, 10:52:03 am »

May I assume that your kick ass role play and 50 man line was not on a public server?
O.C. ca 1630

Offline Poitiers

• Regiment Leaders
  • Able Seaman
  • Nick: [NVJ]Wordsley
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2017, 01:23:48 pm »
There's also the fact that people tend to form up in lines and fire volleys at each other similar to a linebattle. However, this tends to be little more than rabble.

Offline Doomzdayz

• Server Administrator
  • Petty Officer
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2017, 10:48:34 pm »
Its fine if people dont want to do it on the public server I just encourage everyone to every now and then since it can be a lot of fun

Offline Patient Fodder

• Petty Officer
« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2017, 05:45:29 pm »
Its fine if people dont want to do it on the public server I just encourage everyone to every now and then since it can be a lot of fun

All good man, we all have the right to express our own preference, and you probably are on the winning the poll side anyway!

(edit: typo)
« Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 12:06:13 pm by Patient Fodder »
O.C. ca 1630

Offline Doomzdayz

• Server Administrator
  • Petty Officer
« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2017, 11:28:32 pm »

All good man, we all have the right to express our own preference, and you probably are on the winning thge poll side anyway!

Hahahahha all good man I guess its fair since the new map sharpton looks like a close quarters map should be good to have both :) God Speed mate

Offline MedievalLamp

• Landsman
  • Faction: French Empire
  • Nick: 1stCB_Lamp
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2018, 05:50:52 am »
It feels good to be part of the majority vote for things like this