Anvil Game Studios

Author Topic: Developer Blog 20 - Office space. Prussia and the upcoming update  (Read 48485 times)

Offline Refleax

• Anvil Game Studios
  • Purser
  • May good health be yours!
    • Holdfast: NaW
  • Faction: Neutral
  • Nick: Refleax

Facebook     |        Twitter     |        Community Discord

Offline Viriathus

• Community Liaison (PT)
  • Midshipman's Mate
  • Rua, suas cabras!
    • History Peasant
  • Nick: [BC1] Viriathus
Re: Developer Blog 20 - Office space. Prussia and the upcoming update
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2017, 08:06:30 pm »
Nice progress! :D

Offline Starblazer

• Regiment Leaders
  • Master's Mate
  • Admin for the HCL. JOIN THE 63e!
    • 63e Regiment
  • Faction: French Empire
  • Nick: 63e_Sgt_Star
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2017, 08:19:28 pm »
Good to see the progress being made. Keep up the work!
Not in a regiment? Join ours today at https://63eregiment.enjin.com/enlistment

We have over 6 years (Yes, 6 years of linebattles/events/tournaments/trainings on a daily basis) of experience!  We have both NA and EU communities, we play Holdfast, NW as well as various other games. We attend and host linebattles, siege events, naval events, and trainings! Enlist today!

Offline Johannes_Stark

• Landsman
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2017, 08:22:51 pm »
Freikorps forever please xDDD

Offline Pinfa

• Landsman
  • Faction: Prussia
« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 09:25:36 pm by Pinfa »
Mighty Eagel rule alone.

Offline zogger

• Able Seaman
  • Ihr Lieblings-Hauptfeldwebel™!
  • Nick: Феликс
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2017, 08:58:28 pm »
How the fck do you head hunt voice actors?

Offline Conway

• Surgeon's Mate
  • Leader of the 36th: Official Server Admin
  • Faction: British Empire
  • Nick: 36th Maj Conway

Offline Wilhelm Von Hotzendolf

• Landsman
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2017, 09:35:22 pm »
It's be cool to see some units with black uniforms like the Freikorps from Mount & Blade Napoleonic Wars

Offline [HMSR] Styles

• Ordinary Seaman
  • Per Marem Per Terram
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2017, 09:36:30 pm »
This is the 2nd Infantry Regiment Ruechel in 1806 campaign uniform

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/c2/85/06/c28506c018f9490a35f07da7bd16373d--napoleonic-wars-prussia.jpg

Offline JetfireBlack

• Landsman
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2017, 10:11:49 pm »
How about the Brandenburgisches Infanterie-Regiment formed in 1813 (also know as the "Grenadier-Regiment Prinz Karl von Preußen (2. Brandenburgisches) Nr. 12", which it was renamed to in 1871). They had (almost) black uniforms like the Lützowsches Freikorps and unlike the Freikorps, would have had less varied equipment since they were equipped by the state (this would simplify creating in-game models).

Spoiler
[close]

More info about the Brandenburgisches Infanterie-Regiment: http://wiki-de.genealogy.net/Gren.R_12
« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 11:56:32 pm by Jackson »

Offline Pugglesworth

• Standing Officer
  • Nr14 OGfr, Friend to Everyone
  • Nick: Pugglesworth
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2017, 10:16:40 pm »

Offline Mark

• Server Administrator
  • Surgeon's Mate
  • Lieutenant - 51st Regiment
  • Nick: Mark
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2017, 10:32:25 pm »
Freikorps and Landwehr's all I need.
Mark

Offline Saris

• Master's Mate
  • Texas Poppin B
  • Nick: Saris
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2017, 10:35:54 pm »
Landwehr bestwehr

Offline Destraex

• Surgeon's Mate
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2017, 10:50:19 pm »
I have been having a go at war of rights and notice that this game is a lot more arcade like when it comes to reload animations. Any plans to improve the reload animation.

The other thing I notice (apart from war of rights amazingly detailed and realistic graphics) is that war of rights maps are large enough to make it feel like their are strategic options. Stamina plays a big part in that game. If you run forever your aim will be affected for some time while you catch your breath. This adds to the larger feel of the maps. It does not feel like every map you can see every part of instantly. Nor can you see exactly where your own men are. Instead you see icons in game that officers put down. Rally here or capture this house. You don't feel like you know where the enemy or that you are on a map every time where everybody goes to the same two places to fight. Meaning their will be a bunch of skirmishers already waiting. War of Rights maps do not feel like their are walls at the edges.

See how it tells me in the bottom right I am skirmishing if I am out of formation. If I die here the army will lose a lot of moral. I guess losing the battle if it get's too low on top of kills? Holdfast could do with a system like this. Even skirmish specific troops need a skirmish line rather than a rambo loner.
Spoiler
[close]

Officers orders. Would love holdfast to have these.... but I guess if everybody just followed the officer to begin with without the whole world knowing exactly what path the line formation was going to take or attack that would make a huge difference. See how in the bottom right it tells me I am out of line. Causing a huge moral loss if I die.
Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

The other great thing about war ofnrights is that if you are not in formation when you die your side loses a lot more moral than if you died in formation. You are denigrated when you die if you are out of formation and congratulated if you die in formation. This (apart from the fact it's closed beta and a lot of re-enactors play it properly) means that nobody really skirmishes where holdfast is primarily skirmishing.

Spoiler
[close]

Of course fixing bayonets is a major deal, bit not needed for holdfast like units as I understand most units fixed bayonets by default?

They also have the unit choice as you spawn correct. You choose a specific unit out of about 4 and then a uniform from within that unit.

The things above I have chosen from war of rights as things I would like to see holdfast. Because at the moment the game is pure chaos.

My wish for the Prussians
« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 12:07:59 am by Destraex »
"FORMATION mechanic that allows formation members to respawn back into them."

Offline Saris

• Master's Mate
  • Texas Poppin B
  • Nick: Saris
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2017, 11:01:57 pm »
I have been having a go at war of rights and notice that this game is a lot more arcade like when it comes to reload animations. Any plans to improve the reload animation.
The other thing I notice (apart from war of rights amazingly detailed and realistic graphics) is that war of rights maps are large enough to make it feel like their are strategic options. Stamina plays a big part in that game. If you run forever your aim will be affected for some time while you catch your breath. This adds to the larger feel of the maps. It does not feel like every map you can see every part of instantly. Nor can you see exactly where your own men are. Instead you see icons in game that officers put down. Rally here or capture this house. The other great thing about war ofnrights is that if you are not in formation when you die your side loses a lot more moral than if you died in formation. You are denigrated when you die if you are out of formation and congratulated if you die in formation. Of course fixing bayonets is a major deal, bit not needed for holdfast like units as I understand most units fixed bayonets by default?

They also have the unit choice as you spawn correct. You choose a specific unit out of about 4 and then a uniform from within that unit.

The things above I have chosen from war of rights as things I would like to see holdfast.

My wish for the Prussians

Please no, I've played War of Rights enough to know that the mechanics are good for that game but they should not be implemented into this game. I like the feel of arcady in Holdfast and it should stay that way.