Anvil Game Studios

Author Topic: Developer Blog 20 - Office space. Prussia and the upcoming update  (Read 49387 times)

Offline Mendoza

• Regiment Leaders
  • Midshipman's Mate
  • www.2tes-ir.de
  • Faction: Prussia
Re: Developer Blog 20 - Office space. Prussia and the upcoming update
« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2017, 11:59:18 am »
Prussian uniform changed after the lost battle at jena and auerstedt on 14. october 1806.
The "New Prussian Army" since 1807 they had a huge reform and the new uniforms was implemented. So its hard to choose one, or mix the diffrent uniforms.

I personaly would love to see the oldprussian uniforms too.  :P
Here our regiment colours  ;D

« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 04:35:28 pm by Mendoza »

Offline Lecourbe

• Regiment Leaders
  • Master's Mate
  • Par le fer quand le feu manque !
    • 61e Régiment
  • Faction: French Empire
  • Nick: [61e] Lecourbe
« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2017, 12:24:55 pm »
Thanks for the infos! :D

Offline Intel Guardian

• Chaplain
  • Warum bin ich ein anime mädchen?
    • My Twitter
  • Faction: British Empire
  • Nick: Intel
« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2017, 12:26:24 pm »
It'll be interesting to see what the sappers will look like.

Offline Charles Caldwell

• Regiment Leaders
  • Master's Mate
  • Retired Founder of the SLRN [Naval Action]
  • Nick: [1st L KGL]
« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2017, 02:02:07 pm »
Nice... looking forward to this.

Offline Viriathus

• Community Liaison (PT)
  • Midshipman's Mate
  • Rua, suas cabras!
    • History Peasant
  • Faction: Neutral
  • Nick: [BC1] Viriathus
« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2017, 04:49:16 pm »
These uniforms look nice, from the 6th Infantry Regiment / 1st West Prussian Regiment :)

Spoiler
[close]

Offline Bluehawk

• Global Moderator
  • Midshipman
  • Что делать? Стоять и умирать!
  • Faction: Prussia
« Reply #35 on: December 12, 2017, 07:21:18 pm »
It'll be interesting to see what the sappers will look like.

The pioneer companies would be an obvious choice.

Spoiler
[close]

Offline Intel Guardian

• Chaplain
  • Warum bin ich ein anime mädchen?
    • My Twitter
  • Nick: Intel
« Reply #36 on: December 12, 2017, 08:34:46 pm »
I would imagine that in the quest for diversity the devs would use something awful like the Mansfeld Pioneers, but I don't know if they were around before 1815.

Offline Norwegian

• Regiment Leaders
  • Midshipman
  • Colonel du 85e Régiment d'Infanterie de Ligne
  • Nick: [85e] Norwegian
« Reply #37 on: December 13, 2017, 05:53:25 pm »
I have been having a go at war of rights and notice that this game is a lot more arcade like when it comes to reload animations. Any plans to improve the reload animation.

The other thing I notice (apart from war of rights amazingly detailed and realistic graphics) is that war of rights maps are large enough to make it feel like their are strategic options. Stamina plays a big part in that game. If you run forever your aim will be affected for some time while you catch your breath. This adds to the larger feel of the maps. It does not feel like every map you can see every part of instantly. Nor can you see exactly where your own men are. Instead you see icons in game that officers put down. Rally here or capture this house. You don't feel like you know where the enemy or that you are on a map every time where everybody goes to the same two places to fight. Meaning their will be a bunch of skirmishers already waiting. War of Rights maps do not feel like their are walls at the edges.

See how it tells me in the bottom right I am skirmishing if I am out of formation. If I die here the army will lose a lot of moral. I guess losing the battle if it get's too low on top of kills? Holdfast could do with a system like this. Even skirmish specific troops need a skirmish line rather than a rambo loner.
Spoiler
[close]

Officers orders. Would love holdfast to have these.... but I guess if everybody just followed the officer to begin with without the whole world knowing exactly what path the line formation was going to take or attack that would make a huge difference. See how in the bottom right it tells me I am out of line. Causing a huge moral loss if I die.
Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

The other great thing about war ofnrights is that if you are not in formation when you die your side loses a lot more moral than if you died in formation. You are denigrated when you die if you are out of formation and congratulated if you die in formation. This (apart from the fact it's closed beta and a lot of re-enactors play it properly) means that nobody really skirmishes where holdfast is primarily skirmishing.

Spoiler
[close]

Of course fixing bayonets is a major deal, bit not needed for holdfast like units as I understand most units fixed bayonets by default?

They also have the unit choice as you spawn correct. You choose a specific unit out of about 4 and then a uniform from within that unit.

The things above I have chosen from war of rights as things I would like to see holdfast. Because at the moment the game is pure chaos.

My wish for the Prussians

Get out of here with your War of Rights propaganda!

Jokes aside, I don't agree with your suggestions being implemented as a standard, but as a "Realistic" servermode that could be toggled on or off, that sounds pretty good to me. I don't see anything wrong with the current reload animation either, but perhaps some polishing could be done.

Offline DanielG453

• Regiment Leaders
  • Master's Mate
  • Nick: W. Frederickson
« Reply #38 on: December 13, 2017, 09:53:02 pm »
I have been having a go at war of rights and notice that this game is a lot more arcade like when it comes to reload animations. Any plans to improve the reload animation.

The other thing I notice (apart from war of rights amazingly detailed and realistic graphics) is that war of rights maps are large enough to make it feel like their are strategic options. Stamina plays a big part in that game. If you run forever your aim will be affected for some time while you catch your breath. This adds to the larger feel of the maps. It does not feel like every map you can see every part of instantly. Nor can you see exactly where your own men are. Instead you see icons in game that officers put down. Rally here or capture this house. You don't feel like you know where the enemy or that you are on a map every time where everybody goes to the same two places to fight. Meaning their will be a bunch of skirmishers already waiting. War of Rights maps do not feel like their are walls at the edges.

See how it tells me in the bottom right I am skirmishing if I am out of formation. If I die here the army will lose a lot of moral. I guess losing the battle if it get's too low on top of kills? Holdfast could do with a system like this. Even skirmish specific troops need a skirmish line rather than a rambo loner.
Spoiler
[close]

Officers orders. Would love holdfast to have these.... but I guess if everybody just followed the officer to begin with without the whole world knowing exactly what path the line formation was going to take or attack that would make a huge difference. See how in the bottom right it tells me I am out of line. Causing a huge moral loss if I die.
Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

The other great thing about war ofnrights is that if you are not in formation when you die your side loses a lot more moral than if you died in formation. You are denigrated when you die if you are out of formation and congratulated if you die in formation. This (apart from the fact it's closed beta and a lot of re-enactors play it properly) means that nobody really skirmishes where holdfast is primarily skirmishing.

Spoiler
[close]

Of course fixing bayonets is a major deal, bit not needed for holdfast like units as I understand most units fixed bayonets by default?

They also have the unit choice as you spawn correct. You choose a specific unit out of about 4 and then a uniform from within that unit.

The things above I have chosen from war of rights as things I would like to see holdfast. Because at the moment the game is pure chaos.

Get out of here with your War of Rights propaganda!

Jokes aside, I don't agree with your suggestions being implemented as a standard, but as a "Realistic" servermode that could be toggled on or off, that sounds pretty good to me. I don't see anything wrong with the current reload animation either, but perhaps some polishing could be done.

Dear god, the propaganda is real. :o 
But, in all due seriousness, I agree with Norwegian I think it would be a bit much and isn't the direction Holdfast is heading in. However, some of these suggestions might work well in a Hardcore mode for people wanted to take realism seriously.
Aforementioned would also have the potential to damage the player base if restrictions were placed on the public servers.  ;)

Offline Pulu

• Able Seaman
« Reply #39 on: December 14, 2017, 04:28:40 pm »
We need more information about Prussia

Offline Viriathus

• Community Liaison (PT)
  • Midshipman's Mate
  • Rua, suas cabras!
    • History Peasant
  • Nick: [BC1] Viriathus
« Reply #40 on: December 14, 2017, 07:18:59 pm »
You got to have more pacience. They just started on making the Prussia faction, they don't even know which regiments they are going to put in yet :P

Offline VetroG

• Lieutenant
  • 15e SoD & 18th Rct & N.W.A GF Team & NWGL Referee
  • Nick: VetroG
« Reply #41 on: December 15, 2017, 12:15:41 am »
You got to have more pacience. They just started on making the Prussia faction, they don't even know which regiments they are going to put in yet :P

Offline TheGreatGroovyGrenadier

• Ordinary Seaman
« Reply #42 on: December 15, 2017, 12:45:13 am »
How many people work in the office?
The Groovyist Of Them All

Offline Refleax

• Anvil Game Studios
  • Purser
  • May good health be yours!
    • Holdfast: NaW
  • Nick: Refleax
« Reply #43 on: December 15, 2017, 02:51:16 pm »
How many people work in the office?

Dreas, Rycon and Refleax will be making use of the office. Cameron joins us twice every week.

We're looking for another good fellow to join us as well.

Facebook     |        Twitter     |        Community Discord

Offline James Brock

• Surgeon
  • Dedicated & Active Forum Poster - Anglophile
    • Steam Profile
  • Nick: James | Michael
« Reply #44 on: December 15, 2017, 08:54:55 pm »
The other thing I notice (apart from war of rights amazingly detailed and realistic graphics) is that war of rights maps are large enough to make it feel like their are strategic options. Stamina plays a big part in that game. If you run forever your aim will be affected for some time while you catch your breath. This adds to the larger feel of the maps. It does not feel like every map you can see every part of instantly. Nor can you see exactly where your own men are. Instead you see icons in game that officers put down. Rally here or capture this house. The other great thing about war ofnrights is that if you are not in formation when you die your side loses a lot more moral than if you died in formation. You are denigrated when you die if you are out of formation and congratulated if you die in formation. Of course fixing bayonets is a major deal, bit not needed for holdfast like units as I understand most units fixed bayonets by default?

The things above I have chosen from war of rights as things I would like to see holdfast.

Please no, I've played War of Rights enough to know that the mechanics are good for that game but they should not be implemented into this game. I like the feel of arcady in Holdfast and it should stay that way.

I want Holdfast to be in the middle of what it is now and WoR. Sure the whole out of line thing I find very extensive, but thats getting to really far development. What we need are slightly increased reload times for rifles AND muskets. People think the muskets are fine but they are not. Such a mechanic is crucial if people want to play the game or not. It is currently to quick & and all the gameplay is too fast. If you slowed the game down just a little, you dont have war of rights, but you have a game with a bit more effort in strategy. Its currently just a lawnmower for me. It does not matter what you do. More effective to run into an enemy line (most likely there is no line anyway) and just rambo as much as you can. as opposed to strategised thinking of a commander.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 08:57:12 pm by Brock »