Anvil Game Studios

Poll

Do you think this should be added?

Yes, please.
46 (88.5%)
No, this sucks.
6 (11.5%)

Total Members Voted: 52

Author Topic: Customizing ranks and insignias in customization menu  (Read 2539 times)

Offline Tavi

• Petty Officer
  • 32 Regt. Officer
    • The 32nd Regiment
  • Faction: British Empire
  • Nick: [32nd] Tavi
Re: Customizing ranks and insignias in customization menu
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2017, 06:22:48 pm »
I 100% support seeing and being able to put on NCO chevrons and the equivalents for each nation in game. One of the biggest grievances i have currently when playing NW is that there is nothing to differentiate my uniform as the Serjeant Major from our recruits.

I would also like to see the variations in rank of officers. I believe the British Army distinguished rank by their epaulets? One on the right shoulder worn from Ensign to Captain and two for Major and above?
32nd Regiment of Foot - 20/01/2011

Offline James Brock

• Surgeon
  • Dedicated & Active Forum Poster - Anglophile
    • Steam Profile
  • Nick: James | Michael
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2017, 12:42:22 am »
I 100% support seeing and being able to put on NCO chevrons and the equivalents for each nation in game. One of the biggest grievances i have currently when playing NW is that there is nothing to differentiate my uniform as the Serjeant Major from our recruits.

I would also like to see the variations in rank of officers. I believe the British Army distinguished rank by their epaulets? One on the right shoulder worn from Ensign to Captain and two for Major and above?

Yes you are correct. here is a picture someone posted.

Offline Sir Kydric

• Petty Officer
  • 52nd Oxfordshire - Serjeant Richard Andrews
  • Nick: Sir Kydric
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2017, 02:34:36 pm »
Actually, I've always wished for such a thing, even in NW. Having Corporal insignia, when you are a Corporal in your regiment is something awesome to represent, makes those NCOs more visible when they take command, or when people are looking at them. It makes it great for roleplay, regimental and many other purposes. I can see it happen, unless there is a way to choose one of those ranks on the screen, compared to being able to add it yourself. The only problem I have with this is how players might actually all take some really high Sergeant Major insignia when playing around in servers, which will look genuinely terrible having 50 people with sergeant insignias or something. But on regimental battles that would be a great addition I find.