Anvil Game Studios

Author Topic: Could We Please Get A Report Button?  (Read 339 times)

Offline Miss Brain Problems

• Landsman
Could We Please Get A Report Button?
« on: January 08, 2018, 10:01:03 am »
See title. Chat has recently found itself constantly polluted with so-called "trolls" who think that they're being "funny" by "ironically" spouting "edgy" racism, Holocaust denial, and Nazi ideology into both text and voice chat "for the lulz", and I would really, *really* appreciate the ability to report these people for the toxicity that they bring into the game.

Offline DG

• Ordinary Seaman
  • Infantry Captain Dom of the KRRC
  • Faction: British Empire
Re: Could We Please Get A Report Button?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2018, 12:15:10 pm »
+1, a /report (id) chat command would be perfect.

I know there's always going to be toxicity on online games, but this would be one step closer to keeping the community "pure" :P

Offline Galian

• Surgeon's Mate
  • Being fabulous is half the victory.
    • Ie Corps d'Armée Français CZ/SK
  • Faction: French Empire
  • Nick: Koneko
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2018, 01:45:11 pm »
+1, a /report (id) chat command would be perfect.

I know there's always going to be toxicity on online games, but this would be one step closer to keeping the community "pure" :P

Let's say what if the mute button will also mute that person in chat? So you will not see his messages and also hear his voice?

English is not my native language. :)

« Last Edit: January 08, 2018, 06:59:35 pm by Galian »

Offline LiterallyNoScope

• Ordinary Seaman
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2018, 04:18:35 pm »
+1. The lobby in one of NA officials last night was an absolute disgrace to humanity as a whole.

Online Saga

• Regiment Leaders
  • Commander
  • Bite my shiny metal ass.
    • 4th Regiment of Foot
  • Nick: Henry Evans
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2018, 04:41:44 pm »
I think the mute button should just cover chat as well, that way the thin skinned don't piss their pants as often as it seems.

It would be too much effort to follow up on reports, since most of them will be bullshit, but maybe add the system, and have it deliver no results, so it gives some kind of reassurance to these lambs.

It's a video game, grow up.

Offline LiterallyNoScope

• Ordinary Seaman
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2018, 05:05:55 pm »
I think the mute button should just cover chat as well, that way the thin skinned don't piss their pants as often as it seems.

It would be too much effort to follow up on reports, since most of them will be bullshit, but maybe add the system, and have it deliver no results, so it gives some kind of reassurance to these lambs.

That's the spirit.  ???

Offline Miss Brain Problems

• Landsman
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2018, 05:24:24 pm »

"It would be too much effort". I always hear this excuse when it's suggested that a game that doesn't have a report system should add a report system because of the increasing amounts of toxicity and bigotry in both text and voice chat. I mean, first of all, I don't think that you get to decide what is too much effort for the developers and their administrators and moderators. Second of all, a vast majority of multi-player games have report buttons, from small-budget games to large-budget games, for the express purpose of rooting out toxicity in the community. Are most reports "bullshit"? Possibly, but that doesn't really matter, because whatever reports are not "bullshit" need to be handled appropriately.

I also don't see why you feel the need to expressly insult people just because we're not interested in sharing a community or virtual space with actual, literal Neo-Nazis. I mean, mind you, I don't care if actual, literal Neo-Nazis are playing the game; I care if the actual, literal Neo-Nazis are allowed to openly and freely flaunt their disgusting, bigoted opinions about how Hitler did nothing wrong, about how all the Jews should be gassed, about how all Muslims should be killed, etc. etc., without any repercussions what-so-ever.

But yes, it's just a video game. A game that I wish to play for fun and entertainment, a game that I want to play for the simulated experience of Napoleonic, flintlock warfare. I would greatly appreciate it if this game that I want to play for enjoyment wasn't filled with Nazis, in such a case.

Offline Norwegian

• Regiment Leaders
  • Midshipman's Mate
  • Полковник Павловского грен. полка.
  • Faction: Prussia
  • Nick: [Pgp] Norwegian
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2018, 06:41:59 pm »
Gonna write the same thing I wrote on the Steam discussion here:

+1 for the inclusion of a report function, it's a good idea and a much needed feature. Not just for harrassment, but also for teamkilling, rulebreaking during linebattles etc.

Offline Absol

• Master's Mate
  • Nick: 61e Absol
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2018, 08:26:50 pm »
The report button would just send a message to a server admin if they're offline. Server admins should be able to mute and ban people at their discretion. We already have the report a player channel on the Discord for that on official servers, so a report to admin feature would improve that.

Offline Sgt.Nightfire

• Ordinary Seaman
  • Faction: Neutral
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2018, 09:47:43 pm »
The report button would just send a message to a server admin if they're offline. Server admins should be able to mute and ban people at their discretion. We already have the report a player channel on the Discord for that on official servers, so a report to admin feature would improve that.

The problem is, a admin has to be online for that, two days ago, the player A Friendly Guy, was constantly screaming in his mic to "gas the jews!!" or "The jews did 9/11!!", my normal actions are just to mute this attention seeker, but he just continues in chat as well. I tried in discord to get a admin in, but sadly was not around.

People in steam are now like, "HATE SPEECH IS FREE SPEECH AS WELL!". No, it's not, and there is no such thing as free speech or freedom of speech in videogames, the server admin sets up the rules, that of course abide with the rules the developer set up, and you will follow those, if you are too immature to do so, you will be kicked or banned. Its that simple!

Admins should be ALLOT more stricter in this game, we need to set allot more examples to stop this blatant trolling, kids who think they are being really edgy with racist slurs or just blatant idiots being idiots need to be banned. Or this game will bring in just more immature people and it will turn into what VRchat has turned into, a troll meme paradise.

(if you guys need another admin i'm more than willing to help out, i'm a admin for my unit's own servers in other games.)
« Last Edit: January 08, 2018, 09:52:22 pm by Sgt.Nightfire »

Offline Viriathus

• Language Moderator
  • Midshipman's Mate
  • Rua, suas cabras!
    • History Peasant
  • Faction: Neutral
  • Nick: [BC1] Viriathus
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2018, 03:01:24 pm »
A report function would be good, as long it cant be abused.