Anvil Game Studios

Author Topic: Hardcore Mode: Discussion Thread  (Read 2887 times)

Offline Samurai

• Server Administrator
  • Petty Officer
  • Nr.9 Korporal
    • Nr.9 Steam Group
  • Faction: Neutral
Re: Hardcore Mode: Discussion Thread
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2018, 04:14:05 pm »
Honestly, I hate the bullet drop change. It should have been more decrease to damage outside of 60m.

Offline LePoof

• Petty Officer
  • Talk is for lovers, lets fight!
  • Faction: French Empire
  • Nick: Le poofster
« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2018, 03:04:14 pm »
I prefer normal mode, the transition is so painful due to the accuracy of the weapons being drastically different(which is hard enough in normal mode already to learn). Decreased ammo make no sense if a kit, is a kit(are we poorly supplied in hardcore mode?). Now it is the only mode Line Battles are played in so you have to spend time training in Hard core mode to relearn your aim points only to leave the line battle, join a Public Server bringing you back to the old aim points(I am to old for this I guess).

Offline Saga

• Regiment Leaders
  • Captain
  • Bite my shiny metal ass.
    • 4th Regiment of Foot
  • Faction: British Empire
  • Nick: Henry Evans
« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2018, 11:40:45 pm »
I feel like accuracy should be the same in all modes but damage over range should be reduced to encourage CQC in Hardcore. Its a hassle to adjust.
Give surgeons limited use bandages for balance in this case as well.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2018, 11:44:07 pm by Saga »

Offline Takerith

• Regiment Leaders
  • Able Seaman
  • Lieutenant Colonel of the 62nd Wiltshire
  • Nick: Takerith
« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2018, 04:36:34 pm »
I don't think a reduction in damage over longer ranges will really do much. Most musket kills at extreme ranges are from headshots, which seem to always be a one-hit kill anyway, so people will continue to hang back and go for those lucky shots.

Offline Absol

• Master's Mate
  • Nick: 61e Absol
« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2018, 05:43:35 pm »
I don't think a reduction in damage over longer ranges will really do much. Most musket kills at extreme ranges are from headshots, which seem to always be a one-hit kill anyway, so people will continue to hang back and go for those lucky shots.
But having accuracy being different makes it so that you can't practice your aim in normal mode, and playing normal mode will throw you off for hardcore.

Offline Jean-Baptiste

• Regiment Leaders
  • Chaplain
  • 89e COL | AGS/HCL Admin
« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2018, 06:48:07 pm »
This is the reason for low ammo. Makes it necessary to make your shots count.

Offline Dairus

• Master's Mate
  • 92nd Ens David Barclay
    • 92nd Gordon Highlanders
« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2018, 07:00:09 pm »
if you have trouble with your aiming then go into melee or close range  ::)

btw, dont you have a server where you can train hardcore mode???

Offline Nr.9 Noble

• Server Administrator
  • Petty Officer
  • Good day to you!
  • Faction: Prussia
« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2018, 03:27:48 am »
I believe that there should be a massive drop off of damage at X range. Since hardcore mode makes the bullet drop off greater, it can be learned just like normal mode essentially making the changes null. If you cause the damage to begin dropping at say 60, then exponentially decrease it to a point at say 200 meters where bullets do virtually no damage, this will incentivize the officer to move their line closer. This could solve the camping problem better than increasing bullet drop ever could and could maybe even be integrated into normal mode on the pub servers, preventing riflemen from sitting back and sniping as many players complain about.

Offline Samurai

• Server Administrator
  • Petty Officer
  • Nr.9 Korporal
    • Nr.9 Steam Group
  • Faction: Neutral
« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2018, 03:33:47 am »
Most musket kills at extreme ranges are from headshots, which seem to always be a one-hit kill anyway...

I think the damage reduction outside of 60m should be such that head shots outside of 100m would not be one-hit kills.

Offline Absol

• Master's Mate
  • Nick: 61e Absol
« Reply #39 on: March 25, 2018, 03:52:31 am »
Most musket kills at extreme ranges are from headshots, which seem to always be a one-hit kill anyway...

I think the damage reduction outside of 60m should be such that head shots outside of 100m would not be one-hit kills.
I like this idea. It increases the usefulness of the surgeon.

Offline Jean-Baptiste

• Regiment Leaders
  • Chaplain
  • 89e COL | AGS/HCL Admin
« Reply #40 on: March 25, 2018, 06:48:30 am »
I believe that there should be a massive drop off of damage at X range. Since hardcore mode makes the bullet drop off greater, it can be learned just like normal mode essentially making the changes null. If you cause the damage to begin dropping at say 60, then exponentially decrease it to a point at say 200 meters where bullets do virtually no damage, this will incentivize the officer to move their line closer. This could solve the camping problem better than increasing bullet drop ever could and could maybe even be integrated into normal mode on the pub servers, preventing riflemen from sitting back and sniping as many players complain about.

This is a good point. + 1

Offline Saga

• Regiment Leaders
  • Captain
  • Bite my shiny metal ass.
    • 4th Regiment of Foot
  • Nick: Henry Evans
« Reply #41 on: March 25, 2018, 06:40:58 pm »
+1
The master strat...
"Put the bottom of the reticle half way up the mountains at the part where they intersect"