Anvil Game Studios

Author Topic: Riflemen  (Read 9293 times)

Offline Damien-Old Alliance

• Landsman
Riflemen
« on: January 27, 2018, 01:43:54 am »
The Public Server are empty , one Main Reason is the total overpowerd Rifflemen , cut him on 5 each Team or delete this "Supermen".
If you are Atacking 90 % of your Deaths are Riffelmen, its totaly useless.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 12:17:38 am by Bluehawk »

Online Absol

• Master's Mate
  • Faction: British Empire
  • Nick: 61e Absol
Re: Rifflemen
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2018, 02:02:27 am »
Riflemen are going to be nerfed.

Offline Jean-Baptiste

• Regiment Leaders
  • Chaplain
  • 89e COL | AGS/HCL Admin
  • Faction: French Empire
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2018, 09:10:59 am »
Riflemen are on the list to be nerfed, as far as I know.

I tend to agree, there should be fewer riflemen for the current server populations.

Maybe the number of riflemen slots could scale with how many people are playing line infantry on a team? I don't know the perfect ratio.

Offline Pepe The Frog

• Able Seaman
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2018, 09:56:16 pm »
idk why people cry so much about riflemen, is just about the same thing than any other unit with musket except for the smaller circle which btw doesn't really make a great  change if you actually know how to aim your musket.

Offline Aitomies

• Ordinary Seaman
  • Chosen man C1, 2nd platoon, 4th Section 2.IC
  • Nick: A.Williamsworth
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2018, 10:45:23 pm »
Rifles for the win bois

Offline Faultier

• Petty Officer
  • Faction: Prussia
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2018, 12:14:30 am »
Honestly........... as someone who loved playing rifleman in M&B:W NW I cant hit a barn with the rifles in Holdfast. Im better with the muskt and cant understand how ppl can hit anything with them   ;D

Online Absol

• Master's Mate
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2018, 01:06:11 am »
Honestly........... as someone who loved playing rifleman in M&B:W NW I cant hit a barn with the rifles in Holdfast. Im better with the muskt and cant understand how ppl can hit anything with them   ;D
I don't see how you can hit with the musket and not the rifle.

Offline Lord_Oliverzouch

• Petty Officer
  • For England... For His Majesty... For the 116th...
    • 116th Perthshire Regiment of His Majesty's Army
  • Nick: 116th_Oliver
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2018, 04:44:38 am »

well it is historically accurate the longest baker rifle shot which is the rifle used by the 95th rifles during the napoleonic wars was 200m i'm pretty sure but i know what you mean they can be very annoying  :)
Regards, Lord_OliverZouch

Offline Damien-Old Alliance

• Landsman
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2018, 01:55:48 pm »
The problem is the Weapon is totally overpowerd.
I talk only over the Public Servers ( not line Battles if you like ti use it ) if you playing there you have no chance to atack , 10 Riffles hit all , i see and try this every day and loosing the fun and all my Friends too if i talk to there all saying the same.
I can Pick the Riffle in every Game cause i join fast and can Pick the Riffle , it is totaly easy to have 10:1  or 20:1 in a 20 Min Game , you need no Skill for this , but i like it more to Play as Line to have a good Gamefeeling.
If you play as Line you are only a Living Target , if you Atack you die nonstop , and pls , isee this everyday.
You dont must delete the Riffle , cut it to 5 on the Official Server , that would be helpfull for the Game on Public Servers.

Btw try to stay in a Line on a Public Server and you  see what will happens than.. :))

Online Absol

• Master's Mate
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2018, 07:32:36 pm »
I talk only over the Public Servers ( not line Battles if you like ti use it ) if you playing there you have no chance to atack , 10 Riffles hit all , i see and try this every day and loosing the fun and all my Friends too if i talk to there all saying the same.
I can Pick the Riffle in every Game cause i join fast and can Pick the Riffle , it is totaly easy to have 10:1  or 20:1 in a 20 Min Game , you need no Skill for this , but i like it more to Play as Line to have a good Gamefeeling.
If you play as Line you are only a Living Target , if you Atack you die nonstop , and pls , isee this everyday.
You dont must delete the Riffle , cut it to 5 on the Official Server , that would be helpfull for the Game on Public Servers.

Btw try to stay in a Line on a Public Server and you  see what will happens than.. :))
It's overpowered and a fix is coming.

Offline Pepe The Frog

• Able Seaman
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2018, 10:57:38 pm »

you can pull the same score with a musket, let's not forget that most of public maps are for close range fights and skirmishes. the only advantage for me to pick a rifleman is because you can be more sneaky in specific maps. other than that is not so hard to perform the same shots with any other class (except pistol ones). Roleplay in lines is cute and all that but in public servers you don't have that as there's not really a mechanic to force the players to do so in such way.

then again i think people just gets salty because of few skilled riflemen.

Offline The Viking

• Regiment Leaders
  • Surgeon's Mate
  • Colonel, 3. Pu┼ék Piechoty XW
  • Nick: Wiking
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2018, 11:23:52 pm »
IMO everything would be fine if you'd just increase significally time rate for reloading rifle. I heard that it took a much longer time to do it because of special bullet type. Also, i heard that shooter had to hit ramrod with hammer in some cases, but not sure, maybe it's just a myth?

Online Absol

• Master's Mate
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2018, 11:43:50 pm »
IMO everything would be fine if you'd just increase significally time rate for reloading rifle. I heard that it took a much longer time to do it because of special bullet type. Also, i heard that shooter had to hit ramrod with hammer in some cases, but not sure, maybe it's just a myth?
They're likely going to make the reload speed longer, that's all.

Offline TooL69

• Surgeon's Mate
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2018, 05:18:33 pm »
It would be realistic. The musket is twice as fast as the rifle. The rifle is twice as accurate as the musket.

Offline Saris

• Master's Mate
  • Texas Poppin B
  • Nick: Saris
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2018, 08:50:45 pm »
Also there is no cavalry atm to keep the rifles in check