Anvil Game Studios

Author Topic: What new factions should the devs add after Prussia?  (Read 4063 times)

Offline Jean-Baptiste

• Regiment Leaders
  • Chaplain
  • 89e COL | AGS/HCL Admin
  • Faction: French Empire
Re: What new factions should the devs add after Prussia?
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2018, 04:17:20 pm »
I want the Ottomans in the game. They're so different from what we had in NW, I think they'll be a nice change of scene.

+1

Offline Kingaoe123

• Petty Officer
  • Faction: British Empire
  • Nick: 36th CSjt King
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2018, 06:34:19 pm »
Austria or Russia, if not Sweden ;)

Offline Saris

• Master's Mate
  • Texas Poppin B
  • Nick: Saris
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2018, 01:26:57 am »
We'll see what the community wants.

Offline Tobutori

• Ordinary Seaman
  • Doragonsureiyā!!
  • Faction: Neutral
  • Nick: Tori
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2018, 01:46:45 pm »
About nations, I'd like to see added to the game more nations, like Russia, Austria, Spain, Portugal, Ottoman Empire, Sweden, et cetera. However, Like Destraex said
Cavalry and cannon as well as other mechanics like formation respawns. Even the art department should be onto all of this. Progression system. New factions are meaningless without game mechanics in first. As the game stands I find it exceptionally boring. It's one giant inaccurate skirmish of randomness, you run all the way to the front to die from some random shot from other skirmishers and then do it again. I want it to be a napoleonic formations and combined arms tactics bonanza with progression to play for.

The priority is the game mechanics. Nations only add more flavor to the game, which is great, but i'd rather have cavalry and artillery in game than french client states to play as :P

Offline iWeester62

• Regiment Leaders
  • Midshipman's Mate
  • "Valeur et Discipline", Colonel au [32e]
    • 32ème Régiment d'Infanterie de ligne
  • Nick: iWeester62
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2018, 07:26:48 pm »
The Ottomans have nothing to do in this game they did not fight during the empire, at least on a large scale only, 1 squadron in the imperial guard and the guard of the cops of Napoleon ... Must open a book on story before saying bullshit. And for everything that revolves around the United States I prefer nothing to say I'm going to get angry. :-X

Online Chainsor

• Master's Mate
  • Bad Name Studios Member - 5thKGL Cpl / NW
  • Nick: BNS Chainsor
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2018, 06:47:47 pm »
Austria would be interesting

Offline Absol

• Master's Mate
  • Nick: 61e Absol
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2018, 08:08:34 pm »
The Ottomans have nothing to do in this game they did not fight during the empire, at least on a large scale only, 1 squadron in the imperial guard and the guard of the cops of Napoleon ... Must open a book on story before saying bullshit. And for everything that revolves around the United States I prefer nothing to say I'm going to get angry. :-X
We have the Anglo-Turkish war and the Russo-Turkish war.
Cavalry and cannon as well as other mechanics like formation respawns. Even the art department should be onto all of this. Progression system. New factions are meaningless without game mechanics in first. As the game stands I find it exceptionally boring. It's one giant inaccurate skirmish of randomness, you run all the way to the front to die from some random shot from other skirmishers and then do it again. I want it to be a napoleonic formations and combined arms tactics bonanza with progression to play for.
Also +1

Offline Jean-Baptiste

• Regiment Leaders
  • Chaplain
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2018, 08:28:22 pm »
Also +1
Also +1

Quoteception.

Offline iWeester62

• Regiment Leaders
  • Midshipman's Mate
  • "Valeur et Discipline", Colonel au [32e]
    • 32ème Régiment d'Infanterie de ligne
  • Nick: iWeester62
« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2018, 09:47:26 pm »
Two little wars (this is also why I'm not talking about it) can not justify the addition of this faction.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2018, 09:49:12 pm by iWeester62 »

Offline TabooOlive

• Surgeon's Mate
  • Captain of the HMS Defiance
« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2018, 10:13:20 pm »
+1 I'd rather have all the mechanics and classes be added first and than have other nations be added.

Offline Jean-Baptiste

• Regiment Leaders
  • Chaplain
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2018, 04:44:57 am »
Two little wars (this is also why I'm not talking about it) can not justify the addition of this faction.

I believe the devs already intend to add the Ottoman Empire. I'm sure Refleax would be happy to hear your feedback though, he loves any kind of feedback.

Edit:

Factions slated to be added:
Prussia
Austria
Russia
Spain
Ottoman Empire
Confederation of the Rhine
« Last Edit: March 11, 2018, 08:24:05 am by Jean-Baptiste »

Offline Jean-Baptiste

• Regiment Leaders
  • Chaplain
« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2018, 04:46:31 am »
+1 I'd rather have all the mechanics and classes be added first and than have other nations be added.

Jackson can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe working on factions has relatively little impact on feature development. Obviously there is some relationship, but I think a lot of the work is done by people other than the core dev team.

Offline j-schipper1

• Able Seaman
  • Proud to be Dutch..
« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2018, 09:58:36 am »
The Netherlands  :)

Offline The Viking

• Regiment Leaders
  • Surgeon's Mate
  • Colonel, 3. Pułk Piechoty XW
  • Nick: Wiking
« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2018, 10:01:06 am »
I'd like to see development focused on factions which played greatest roles during Napoleonic Wars. Imo there should be Austria instead of Prussia, but let it be after because of already started progress of Prussia. Then Russian Empire, we cannot forget about first power which stood against the Emperor. Then all those weaker or less important in NW factions should appear in any order: Italy, Spain, Duchy of Warsaw, Rhine Confederation, Ottoman Empire, Scandinavian states et cetera.

It's a lot of work and it's hard to believe that devs will have time and money to complete every single faction i'd like to see. That's why i'd be grateful to see modding tools released in short time, or at least map editor and opportunity to make uniforms simply. I'm pretty sure that in community such filled with reenactors, will be few skilled enough to make additional factions even for free, as long as this game is focused on niche community. That's probably easiest way to complete this game without additional cost, in shorter time and to avoid it's natural death before official release.

Offline Mousecatcher

• Surgeon's Mate
  • 51st Regiment of Foot
« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2018, 12:55:20 pm »
At this point even map editor will be god send it terms of content and interest for people  :)