Anvil Game Studios

Author Topic: Grappling Hooks for Boarding?  (Read 490 times)

Offline Jean-Baptiste

• Regiment Leaders
  • Chaplain
  • 89e COL | AGS/HCL Admin
  • Faction: French Empire
Grappling Hooks for Boarding?
« on: February 27, 2018, 10:34:06 pm »
I don't know the historical context, but I think a mechanism like grappling hooks for boarding enemy ships would be awesome.

By the same token, the ability to sabotage enemy ships and/or capture them would make boarding my favorite aspect of this game.

I wanna be a pirate.

Offline Haybales

• Regiment Leaders
  • Master
  • Official Server Administrator
    • 1st KRRC
  • Faction: British Empire
  • Nick: Bailey
Re: Grappling Hooks for Boarding?
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2018, 11:14:04 pm »
It's funny you mention that; the end screen after the winner is declared actually references "captured ships", which leads me to believe that mechanic is already planned.

Grappling hooks would be awesome haha - the ragdoll and general destruction mechanic in navy is pretty awesome.

Offline Absol

• Master's Mate
  • Nick: 61e Absol
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2018, 01:14:16 am »
It's funny you mention that; the end screen after the winner is declared actually references "captured ships", which leads me to believe that mechanic is already planned.

Grappling hooks would be awesome haha - the ragdoll and general destruction mechanic in navy is pretty awesome.
In the roadmap it says that capturing ships is being worked on, which will prevent enemies from spawning on that ship. Maybe if a certain percent of the total capacity on your ship is enemies, you wont be able to spawn on it?

Offline TabooOlive

• Surgeon's Mate
  • Captain of the HMS Defiance
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2018, 06:49:33 am »
This would be a great idea and I would also love to see the use of planks as well.