Anvil Game Studios

Author Topic: Bayonet Manually attached/removed by choice  (Read 326 times)

Offline Slyk_MinionWorkz

• Able Seaman
  • Faction: Neutral
  • Nick: Slyk
Bayonet Manually attached/removed by choice
« on: April 19, 2018, 11:19:37 pm »
Proposal:  Make the bayonet unattached at spawn.  Player option to attach/remove it at will.

Outcomes:  Improve accuracy by a few percentage points with no bayonet?

Melee:  Possible use of rifle butt, requiring much closer proximity but no less silly than fist fighting.

This is something friends and I have been discussing lately mainly because we fair poorly in melee and would rather have a bit more accuracy (historically and factually true) without the bayonet attached.  Period tactics would be a volley, maybe two, then charge but that is so seldom enacted, at least currently, that I think most players would opt to attach the bayonet prior to making an assault versus the typical stand-off and snipe/loose or heavy skirmishing that dominates now.
Developer of "North & South: American Civil War 2.0 for Napoleon Total War"

" class="bbc_img resized" style="cursor: pointer;" width="600" height="200

Offline Rycon

• Anvil Game Studios
  • Midshipman's Mate
  • Faction: Neutral
Re: Bayonet Manually attached/removed by choice
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2018, 02:50:05 pm »
Our aim is to have the bayonet detachable from the firearm which in turn will give you more accuracy.

Facebook     |        Twitter

Offline Luke192

• Surgeon's Mate
  • Faction: British Empire
  • Nick: [79thCH]Luke192
Re: Bayonet Manually attached/removed by choice
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2018, 03:53:15 pm »
Melee:  Possible use of rifle butt, requiring much closer proximity but no less silly than fist fighting.
I believe that when cavalry is implemented, the carbines, not being bayonet-compatible, will have to option to use the butt of the gun for melee. can't wait to see it.

Luke192 - Colour Serjeant, Section C(Lights Co.) - 79th "Queen's Own" Cameron Highlanders