Anvil Game Studios

Author Topic: What the HF Community wants  (Read 136 times)

Offline Austro

• Chaplain
  • Owner of The HoldFast Conquest League
    • Portfolio
  • Faction: British Empire
  • Nick: Austro
What the HF Community wants
« on: July 04, 2018, 08:41:06 am »
What the HF Community wants.

Split into casuals / regimental players and stuff both sides would like to see.

« Last Edit: July 06, 2018, 02:40:20 am by Austro »

Online Haybales

• Regiment Leaders
  • Surgeon
  • You know who I am.
    • 1st KRRC
  • Nick: Bailey
Re: What the HF Community wants
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2018, 05:26:02 pm »
Pretty solid all around; although I believe "Points for surgeon healing" could be red or at the crossroads personally.

Offline Austro

• Chaplain
    • Portfolio
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2018, 05:36:12 pm »
Pretty solid all around; although I believe "Points for surgeon healing" could be red or at the crossroads personally.

I've had a lot of people say that, including Refleax and I stand by my decision to put it in "Regimental Players"

I don't think I've ever been healed in an official server before. Because there's no point.

You respawn in 5 seconds and are good to go. Whereas in a single-life LB Surgeon is much more important of a role and a very important task for obvious reasons.

Regimental Players want to be acknowledged and rewarded for such a role and that's why it's in blue

Online Haybales

• Regiment Leaders
  • Surgeon
  • You know who I am.
    • 1st KRRC
  • Nick: Bailey
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2018, 05:37:52 pm »

I've had a lot of people say that, including Refleax and I stand by my decision to put it in "Regimental Players"

I don't think I've ever been healed in an official server before. Because there's no point.

You respawn in 5 seconds and are good to go. Whereas in a single-life LB Surgeon is much more important of a role and a very important task for obvious reasons.

Regimental Players want to be acknowledged and rewarded for such a role and that's why it's in blue

If you've heard that a lot from the HF community... doesn't that kinda' overrule your personal view and then at a minimum shouldn't it be both? :P

This is based on community desire, not your own outlook, to my understanding.

Offline Austro

• Chaplain
    • Portfolio
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2018, 05:44:26 pm »

If you've heard that a lot from the HF community... doesn't that kinda' overrule your personal view and then at a minimum shouldn't it be both? :P

This is based on community desire, not your own outlook, to my understanding.

I believe mostly everyone calling for things on forums, discords ect are regimental players.

The only real way to know what the casuals want / complain about ect is to read in-game chat.

I believe I have enough hours in the game and enough time on official servers to see what is talked about the most in-game, and I don't think I've ever seen casuals call for points for surgeon healing. That has all come from the forums and discords, which is, 99% regimental players.

I went into the official EU server and official US server and asked what they would want the Devs to Fix / Add to the game next. These are the responses I received. I guarantee you, I could do this 100 more times and not a single person would say "Points for Surgeon Healing."
It's a feature regimental players are calling for because they are healing their line all the time in LB's and want to be acknowledged. Casuals couldn't give less of a shit.

« Last Edit: July 04, 2018, 06:09:22 pm by Austro »

Online Saga

• Regiment Leaders
  • Post-Captain
  • Bite my shiny metal ass.
    • 4th Regiment of Foot
  • Nick: Henry Evans
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2018, 07:17:57 pm »
What we really need is the YMCA  ;)

Offline Austro

• Chaplain
    • Portfolio
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2018, 09:23:24 pm »
I updated the diagram so each addition / fix has a priority level. This is based on what I've seen / heard from members of the community. If you disagree with something, let me know what and why