Anvil Game Studios

Author Topic: What the HF Community wants  (Read 934 times)

Offline Austro

• Chaplain
  • Owner of The HoldFast Conquest League
  • Faction: British Empire
  • Nick: Austro
What the HF Community wants
« on: July 04, 2018, 08:41:06 am »
What the HF Community wants.

Split into casuals / regimental players and stuff both sides would like to see.

« Last Edit: July 06, 2018, 02:40:20 am by Austro »
Risk's 3v3 Melee Tournement: 1st Place

Online Haybales

• Regiment Leaders
  • Master
  • Official Server Administrator
    • 1st KRRC
  • Nick: Bailey
Re: What the HF Community wants
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2018, 05:26:02 pm »
Pretty solid all around; although I believe "Points for surgeon healing" could be red or at the crossroads personally.

Offline Austro

• Chaplain
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2018, 05:36:12 pm »
Pretty solid all around; although I believe "Points for surgeon healing" could be red or at the crossroads personally.

I've had a lot of people say that, including Refleax and I stand by my decision to put it in "Regimental Players"

I don't think I've ever been healed in an official server before. Because there's no point.

You respawn in 5 seconds and are good to go. Whereas in a single-life LB Surgeon is much more important of a role and a very important task for obvious reasons.

Regimental Players want to be acknowledged and rewarded for such a role and that's why it's in blue

Online Haybales

• Regiment Leaders
  • Master
  • Official Server Administrator
    • 1st KRRC
  • Nick: Bailey
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2018, 05:37:52 pm »

I've had a lot of people say that, including Refleax and I stand by my decision to put it in "Regimental Players"

I don't think I've ever been healed in an official server before. Because there's no point.

You respawn in 5 seconds and are good to go. Whereas in a single-life LB Surgeon is much more important of a role and a very important task for obvious reasons.

Regimental Players want to be acknowledged and rewarded for such a role and that's why it's in blue

If you've heard that a lot from the HF community... doesn't that kinda' overrule your personal view and then at a minimum shouldn't it be both? :P

This is based on community desire, not your own outlook, to my understanding.

Offline Austro

• Chaplain
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2018, 05:44:26 pm »

If you've heard that a lot from the HF community... doesn't that kinda' overrule your personal view and then at a minimum shouldn't it be both? :P

This is based on community desire, not your own outlook, to my understanding.

I believe mostly everyone calling for things on forums, discords ect are regimental players.

The only real way to know what the casuals want / complain about ect is to read in-game chat.

I believe I have enough hours in the game and enough time on official servers to see what is talked about the most in-game, and I don't think I've ever seen casuals call for points for surgeon healing. That has all come from the forums and discords, which is, 99% regimental players.

I went into the official EU server and official US server and asked what they would want the Devs to Fix / Add to the game next. These are the responses I received. I guarantee you, I could do this 100 more times and not a single person would say "Points for Surgeon Healing."
It's a feature regimental players are calling for because they are healing their line all the time in LB's and want to be acknowledged. Casuals couldn't give less of a shit.

« Last Edit: July 04, 2018, 06:09:22 pm by Austro »

Offline Saga

• Regiment Leaders
  • Captain
  • Bite my shiny metal ass.
    • 4th Regiment of Foot
  • Nick: Henry Evans
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2018, 07:17:57 pm »
What we really need is the YMCA  ;)

Offline Austro

• Chaplain
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2018, 09:23:24 pm »
I updated the diagram so each addition / fix has a priority level. This is based on what I've seen / heard from members of the community. If you disagree with something, let me know what and why

Offline TheProTaco

• Regiment Leaders
  • Midshipman's Mate
  • Nulli Secundus
  • Nick: [49th]Taco
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2018, 04:26:04 am »
When cavalry is released rifles will have to be un-nerfed.

Anyone who played NW can tell you riflemen spend 3/4 of a round running from cav even with pinpoint accuracy.

Click the signature to go to my Steam profile!

Online Starblazer

• Regiment Leaders
  • Midshipman's Mate
  • Admin for the HCL. JOIN THE 63e!
    • 63e Regiment
  • Faction: French Empire
  • Nick: 63e_SgtMaj_Star
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2018, 08:36:37 pm »
Didn't want to necro a dead thread but this was posted in September of 2017.
Melee, administrator panels, favorites, and free-roam spectator cameras should be top on the priority list so events can actually be properly run

While most of it has been/is being addressed I wanted to add emphasis to the admin panel allowing admins to view and kick/ban spectators. Would really help in crowded events where people AFK in spectator to reserve their own slot.
Not in a regiment? Join ours today at https://63eregiment.enjin.com/enlistment

We have over 6 years (Yes, 6 years of linebattles/events/tournaments/trainings on a daily basis) of experience!  We have both NA and EU communities, we play Holdfast, NW as well as various other games. We attend and host linebattles, siege events, naval events, and trainings! Enlist today!

Offline Merchaun

• Regiment Leaders
  • Petty Officer
  • 49th Regiment of Foot Colonel
  • Faction: Neutral
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2018, 08:59:57 am »
Didn't want to necro a dead thread but this was posted in September of 2017.
Melee, administrator panels, favorites, and free-roam spectator cameras should be top on the priority list so events can actually be properly run

While most of it has been/is being addressed I wanted to add emphasis to the admin panel allowing admins to view and kick/ban spectators. Would really help in crowded events where people AFK in spectator to reserve their own slot.
When cavalry is released rifles will have to be un-nerfed.

Anyone who played NW can tell you riflemen spend 3/4 of a round running from cav even with pinpoint accuracy.

I 110% stand by all of these things. I'll stand by melee needing to be top priority, but the administrator panel would be of immense help for server admins, as well as some sort of fix with the invisible spectator issue.

Online Starblazer

• Regiment Leaders
  • Midshipman's Mate
    • 63e Regiment
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2018, 07:41:04 pm »
Bump for in-house map editor for private maps.

We have over 6 years (Yes, 6 years of linebattles/events/tournaments/trainings on a daily basis) of experience!  We have both NA and EU communities, we play Holdfast, NW as well as various other games. We attend and host linebattles, siege events, naval events, and trainings! Enlist today!

Offline DΛRKWΛVΣ

• Surgeon
  • Faction: Neutral
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2018, 09:30:23 am »
A singleplayer. So no annoying multiplayer people can fuck up your game experience. L’Aigle was fun.

Online Starblazer

• Regiment Leaders
  • Midshipman's Mate
    • 63e Regiment
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2018, 07:04:42 pm »
+Stable unofficial 200 slot servers & Kicking spectators

Online Starblazer

• Regiment Leaders
  • Midshipman's Mate
    • 63e Regiment
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2018, 04:15:51 pm »
+Stable unofficial 200 slot servers & Kicking spectators
Ability to kick spectators please.

This diagram can also be updated.

Online Starblazer

• Regiment Leaders
  • Midshipman's Mate
    • 63e Regiment
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2018, 03:38:52 am »
The ability to view and kick spectators please.