Anvil Game Studios

Author Topic: Question: How to identify music streamers and silence them (forever)  (Read 268 times)

Offline Germanico

• Landsman
Love the game, but... after a few laughs listening to some kid streaming 80s synth pop, I realized this just doesn't cut it.
So, how can I easily identify the perpetrator and silence him for good?
I don't care if this means I won't ever hear him again - I just don't want to listen to someone broadcasting Hitler-speeches or such in a game about Napoleonic Warfare. 

Possibly this could also be picked up by the devs - biggest gripe as a new player I had with the game so far.
Remember: Silence is golden... so let me please listen to the commands and shouts of fellow players, but NOT constant broadcasting. Thank you.

Offline Haybales

• Regiment Leaders
  • Master
  • Official Server Administrator
    • 1st KRRC
  • Faction: British Empire
  • Nick: Bailey
Re: Question: How to identify music streamers and silence them (forever)
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2018, 04:36:15 pm »
Hey.

You can press P to bring up the player menu, and mute players through the speaker icon.

If the speaker is red, they're muted.

If the speaker is green, they're currently broadcasting at the time of you looking.

So your best bet is to find their name, and then search for them alphabetically.

Players are muted indefinitely until you choose to unmute them.

Offline Starblazer

• Regiment Leaders
  • Master's Mate
  • Admin for the HCL. JOIN THE 63e!
    • 63e Regiment
  • Faction: French Empire
  • Nick: 63e_Sgt_Star
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2018, 05:26:42 pm »
Hey.

You can press P to bring up the player menu, and mute players through the speaker icon.

If the speaker is red, they're muted.

If the speaker is green, they're currently broadcasting at the time of you looking.

So your best bet is to find their name, and then search for them alphabetically.

Players are muted indefinitely until you choose to unmute them.

To add to this

Generally the mic spamming players also play auxiliary units of some sort, so be sure to look in large crowds for those units if you hear it. Flagbearers tend to be notorious for it, so if you don't like listening to Country Roads for the 80th time that day then you can usually find their username to mute them.

Not in a regiment? Join ours today at https://63eregiment.enjin.com/enlistment

We have over 6 years (Yes, 6 years of linebattles/events/tournaments/trainings on a daily basis) of experience!  We have both NA and EU communities, we play Holdfast, NW as well as various other games. We attend and host linebattles, siege events, naval events, and trainings! Enlist today!

Offline John Cuttler

• Regiment Leaders
  • Master's Mate
  • Bite my bottom!
  • Faction: Prussia
  • Nick: Daddy
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2018, 05:54:06 am »

Joy

Offline MedievalLamp

• Landsman
  • Faction: French Empire
  • Nick: 1stCB_Lamp
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2018, 06:00:50 am »
Those darn auxiliary classes. every time.