Anvil Game Studios

Author Topic: Musket Ball Travel Time/Melee Improvements  (Read 90 times)

Offline Mosiah

• Landsman
  • Faction: Prussia
  • Nick: Oberst Cody
Musket Ball Travel Time/Melee Improvements
« on: September 02, 2018, 01:46:24 am »
Just a quick little thought, I was once a part of this community a couple months ago, maybe late last year/early this year. I decided to, or rather the community I was a part of decided to pack up & return to M&B:NW. I also agreed with this decision and I didn't really know why, I thought the game just felt really stale for some reason. I'm coming to realize this now as I look back at the game just some general things that I think will bring me and the NW community back to you. When I returned to NW I actually started to enjoy going to events again & just enjoyed the game in general. I started to think about this & realized those moments of enjoyment came during the all charge & even when we charged a line together. The intense dances that both teams would have with everyone while they tried to read their opponent. I look back at Holdfast, and... there was really no dances or intense moments at all, actually. There would be an all charge and people would just group up because most servers didn't have TK on & just rush in spamming left click with no brainpower required at all. You'd then try to block only to be killed anyways. You'd stab a man directly in his chest with your bayonet only for it to not register. You'd swing again to miss the bayonet and have it go to the right of him only for the kill message to pop up and you try to process exactly what just happened. The melee was generally just bad while the hitboxes were even worse. I see in the most recent update that melee is a priority and I agree with it. I saw optimization updates which was another thing that drove me away. With that said, the problem I had with muskets were simply that they had no bullet travel time. It makes the game feel ridiculously arcadey, with that said that is all it would take for me personally to come back & enjoy holdfast.

tl;dr: add musket ball travel time and improve the melee experience, I'd come back instantly.

Offline Rycon

• Anvil Game Studios
  • Midshipman's Mate
  • Faction: Neutral
Re: Musket Ball Travel Time/Melee Improvements
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2018, 10:28:50 pm »
We’re currently working on improving melee combat. It’ll be available come Game Version 0.16 (the next update). You’re welcome to check Holdfast gain after its out!

Facebook     |        Twitter

Offline J. Campbell

• Standing Officer
  • Master Corporal - 104th Regiment of Foot
  • Faction: British Empire
  • Nick: John Campbell
Re: Musket Ball Travel Time/Melee Improvements
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2018, 06:19:35 am »
An Alpha game has bugs. They're fixing stuff, let them fix it. Melee is clearly a major bug and they're working towards it. -1 rep from me.