Anvil Game Studios

Author Topic: Will naval combat be as realistic  (Read 111 times)

Offline Perry.L.Green

• Landsman
Will naval combat be as realistic
« on: September 22, 2018, 06:43:53 am »
Very Excited to see Napoleonic Land Combat represented here. I own scourge of war and napoleon total war as well as mount and blade warband: napoleonic.
But no game has really combined all of this. I am into realism and experiencing how it actually was in game. Will this game do it? Or is it more of a World of Tanks MOBA?

Offline John Cuttler

• Regiment Leaders
  • Master's Mate
  • Bite my bottom!
  • Faction: Prussia
  • Nick: Daddy
Re: Will naval combat be as realistic
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2018, 05:51:35 am »
Wa?

Offline MedievalLamp

• Landsman
  • Faction: French Empire
  • Nick: 1stCB_Lamp
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2018, 06:01:41 am »
I personally think they are heading in the right direction for a balance of realism and fun.

Offline ArsenalFC_Dave

• Ordinary Seaman
  • Faction: British Empire
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2018, 10:57:24 pm »
Personally I think they did an outstanding job laying the foundation for their naval maps. You can approach the naval maps in a number of ways that appeals to most of us. Some like to get to tack in the wind making sure their guns are in a better position relative to the enemy. Some like manning the cannons putting that ship driving to good use. Some like taking a few pop shots at the enemy skipper as the two ships sail passed and some like that first pistol kill on a group of boarders before going to the sabre to dispatch the rest. Definitely plays into us folks who loved Master and Command and the ilk.

Hopefully as this mode is fleshed out they leave the core fundamentals the same and just expand (as suggested on the roadmap). Would be especially cool if they could integrate naval battles into an overarching dynamic grand campaign played between regiments. Control the seas earn some minor equipment awards on a neighbouring land map etc. Either way great stuff and I really enjoy it. Douse the lights!

Offline Absol

• Master's Mate
  • Faction: British Empire
  • Nick: 61e Absol
« Reply #4 on: Today at 12:15:03 am »