Anvil Game Studios

Author Topic: VOIP  (Read 112 times)

Offline Vel

• Able Seaman
VOIP
« on: November 03, 2018, 12:13:42 am »
After the latest update my in-game VOIP(voice chat)stopped working, I can no longer hear people talking in the game, F2 debugger did mention opus dll missing but it's not as all file integrity is 100% ok, listen locally is de ticked in game, was working fine prior this latest update, I use a hyper X headset(7.1)USB and my onboard sound card (realtek) is disabled as it's useless, I did enable stereo mix just to rule things out as I've seen in a previous post but this changed nothing, as mentioned in-game VOIP was working before the last 2 updates(previous update to this one that stopped me spawning in, prior to that problem when I did play it was fine)

Online Refleax

• Anvil Game Studios
  • Purser
  • May good health be yours!
    • Holdfast: NaW
  • Faction: Neutral
  • Nick: Refleax
Re: VOIP
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2018, 09:50:37 am »
Hi, Vel! Do you have Razer Synapse installed by any chance? Is your headset wired or wireless? Are you connecting it via USB?

Facebook     |        Twitter     |        Community Discord

Offline Vel

• Able Seaman
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2018, 04:24:57 pm »
The headset (HyperX Cloud 2) requires no drivers or software at all & as such I've installed nothing for it, just plugged it in & it worked, it's a hard wired headset connected via USB directly into the back of the PC/motherboard & it's not plugged through any like a 4-way USB hub etc.

The headset works completely fine for all my other applications & games, the fact I can't hear others in-game isn't really a big issue for me as I'm just happy I can play again after the recent fix to the spawn in problem(thanks for the fix btw), though as mentioned VOIP did work fine prior the update & I haven't messed about with my system or the game settings in anyway, other than de-tick the "listen Locally" box in the games sound setting & enable then later disable my on-board sound to try "stereo mix" which had no effect either.

Online Refleax

• Anvil Game Studios
  • Purser
  • May good health be yours!
    • Holdfast: NaW
  • Faction: Neutral
  • Nick: Refleax
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2018, 03:34:10 pm »
Hey, Vel. We have been working on solving some of the issues with VoIP. Would it be possible to get in touch on Discord via PM?

Listen locally should be disabled by the way as that is only used to test your microphone.

Facebook     |        Twitter     |        Community Discord

Offline Vel

• Able Seaman
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2018, 04:34:56 pm »
I have sent my discord to you through pm.