Anvil Game Studios

Author Topic: U.S. Faction & Class Suggestion  (Read 362 times)

Offline [45th] 1Sgt. Moon

• Able Seaman
  • Faction: Neutral
U.S. Faction & Class Suggestion
« on: November 13, 2018, 02:06:41 am »
A US faction in Holdfast may seem really far fetched, but in reality it isn't really that crazy of an idea. (and all of this is just my personal opinion for the regiments chosen)

Context (Read if you want to know why I suggested this):
Spoiler
[close]

Classes

Officer: (On the left) Standard officer from most regiments (on the right) a Colonel .

Spoiler
[close]

1st Line Infantry(& Flag Bearer): A soldier from the 25th Infantry with a flag bearer.

Spoiler
[close]

2nd Line Infantry Variant: A soldier from the 22nd Infantry.

Spoiler
[close]

3rd Line Infantry Variant (if it ever gets added): A soldier from either the 1st or the 7th

Spoiler
[close]

NCO: Any infantryman variant with an added red silk sash belt and epaulets 

Spoiler
[close]

Light Infantry: Rifleman from the 4th Infantry or an infantryman from the 17th

Spoiler
[close]

Rifleman: Rifleman from the 1st Regiment of Rifles.

Spoiler
[close]

Surgeon: A NCO with a tailcoat, top hat, gaiters, and glasses.

Spoiler
[close]

Sapper(Carpenter): A pioneer from the 25th

Spoiler
[close]

Drummer/Fifer: Musicians from the 25th (Would've had white trousers)

Spoiler
[close]

Grenadier: Infantrymen but with chevrons and red tips on their plumes

Spoiler
[close]

Cavalry: 2nd Regiment of Light Dragoons

Spoiler
[close]

Fife & Drum Tunes:

Yankee Doodle Dandy
Spoiler
[close]

Champlain Quickstep
Spoiler
[close]

Brickmaker March
Spoiler
[close]

The Roving Sailor
Spoiler
[close]

March to Boston
Spoiler
[close]

Baltimore Medley
Spoiler
[close]

US March
Spoiler
[close]

Minstrel Boy
Spoiler
[close]

Downfall of Paris
Spoiler
[close]

I might do a naval one soon, feel free to add on or ask any questions.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2018, 10:55:55 pm by [45th] 1Sgt. Moon »

Offline Sourkraut

• Master's Mate
  • CSgt. l 21st Co.A
Re: U.S. Faction & Class Suggestion
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2018, 02:27:38 am »
There's a mount and blade mod that does 1812 pretty well for NW, my only problem is that we don't even have Russia or Austria yet.

Offline Wolfster

• Regiment Leaders
  • Midshipman's Mate
  • 44th Pte Edwin Parker
  • Faction: British Empire
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2018, 12:04:30 pm »
US should be one of the last factions to be introduced, if introduced at all. It had little significance when it comes to battles... I know of only 1 battalion that was based in USA, that was the 1st Bat of the 44th.

Full-Time Lettings Negotiator.

Online VetroG

• Lieutenant
  • Faction: Prussia
  • Nick: VetroG
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2018, 04:18:50 pm »
I highly doubt they'll add the US. It wasn't in the Napoleonic Time Period really.

Offline SirTeabiscuits

• Regiment Leaders
  • Able Seaman
  • Proud member of the 85e Régiment d'Infanterie
    • 85e Régiment d'Infanterie de Ligne
  • Faction: French Empire
  • Nick: SirTeabiscuits
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2018, 04:33:36 pm »
If they add America before they add Russia I'll fucking send my t-34''s to attack reaflex
I say let's kill him.
Let's have tea first.
Oh, stop your whining. First we kill him, then we have biscuits and tea.

Offline Sourkraut

• Master's Mate
  • CSgt. l 21st Co.A
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2018, 09:16:29 pm »
If they add America before they add Russia I'll fucking send my t-34''s to attack reaflex

They won't because it's not even on the poll lol.

They should add Portugal and Denmark to the next one though

• Able Seaman
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2018, 04:36:01 pm »
I highly doubt they'll add the US. It wasn't in the Napoleonic Time Period really.

It was though, in 1798-1800 the US was in a war with France called the Quasi war which was mostly a naval engagement. Skirmishes at sea continued until the War of 1812, where the US declared war against Britain. It lasted between 1812-1815. Many historians consider this to be apart of the Napoleonic Wars and the British considered the Americas a second theatre of war.

• Able Seaman
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2018, 04:46:02 pm »
US should be one of the last factions to be introduced, if introduced at all. It had little significance when it comes to battles... I know of only 1 battalion that was based in USA, that was the 1st Bat of the 44th.

There were many British regiments introduced to the American continent to deal with the US's constant attacks, near the beginning of the war there were little over 5,200 British regulars, and 10,000 Provincial regulars, but in the war's end there were over 48,160 British regulars. (The US also had an army of 65 regiments, not all infantry of course)

http://www.warof1812.ca/charts/regts_na.htm (for all the British regiments in North America)

Major battles also include the Battle of New Orleans, Battle of Lake Erie, Battle of Baltimore, just to name a couple.

Offline Sourkraut

• Master's Mate
  • CSgt. l 21st Co.A
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2018, 06:39:46 pm »
IMO, the U.S is the same as adding the Ottomans,

I just want all the major european powers, and either rhinebund, denmark, sweden, or portugal, and then they could do the unimportant countries [Ottomans and U.S].

Online VetroG

• Lieutenant
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2018, 09:05:28 pm »

It was though, in 1798-1800 the US was in a war with France called the Quasi war which was mostly a naval engagement. Skirmishes at sea continued until the War of 1812, where the US declared war against Britain. It lasted between 1812-1815. Many historians consider this to be apart of the Napoleonic Wars and the British considered the Americas a second theatre of war.
It's not though that's why it's not on the Faction voting list.

• Able Seaman
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2018, 12:38:18 am »

Did you not read what I posted? Also many other nations involved in the Napoleonic Wars weren't on the faction voting list...

Online VetroG

• Lieutenant
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2018, 04:29:20 am »

Did you not read what I posted? Also many other nations involved in the Napoleonic Wars weren't on the faction voting list...
Child.

Offline J. Campbell

• Surgeon's Mate
  • Master Corporal - 104th Regiment of Foot
  • Nick: John Campbell
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2018, 05:20:38 am »
This suggestion is one that we won't see for, with as much as we need done with the game now, 1.5-2 years bare minimum. Austira and Russia are still not included, even then you'd need Rheinland and other various EUROPEAN countries directly involved with the war which was literally based on Napoleon taking over Europe. ya just gotta use logic here man.

Offline Sourkraut

• Master's Mate
  • CSgt. l 21st Co.A
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2018, 06:53:22 pm »
This suggestion is one that we won't see for, with as much as we need done with the game now, 1.5-2 years bare minimum. Austira and Russia are still not included, even then you'd need Rheinland and other various EUROPEAN countries directly involved with the war which was literally based on Napoleon taking over Europe. ya just gotta use logic here man.

He's not suggesting it be added over those countries though and btw our nation list is kinda screwed anyway because AGS wants to do it by poll which means we may be stuck with Ottomans this year if people vote for them the most.

I wish they just went down a list and did Austria, Russia, Spain, and then Rhinebund/Kingdom of Italy/Portugal.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2018, 07:13:06 pm by Sourkraut »

Offline J. Campbell

• Surgeon's Mate
  • Master Corporal - 104th Regiment of Foot
  • Nick: John Campbell
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2018, 11:09:48 pm »

He's not suggesting it be added over those countries though and btw our nation list is kinda screwed anyway because AGS wants to do it by poll which means we may be stuck with Ottomans this year if people vote for them the most.

I wish they just went down a list and did Austria, Russia, Spain, and then Rhinebund/Kingdom of Italy/Portugal.
I'd flip Austria and Prussia, but I'd have a poll to see which is first. Those should be both added before any other nation.