Anvil Game Studios

Author Topic: Would you consider adding Turkish troops to the game?  (Read 1415 times)

Online Gatts

• Purser
  • no one will provoke me with impunity
  • Faction: French Empire
  • Nick: 4e | Lucas Noir
Would you consider adding Turkish troops to the game?
« on: February 01, 2017, 11:23:00 pm »
Greetings,

Firstly, Turkish military uniforms and weapons are unique and very cool, most of people would love it I guess.

And Turks are pretty nationalist folks, doing something like that will make all Turks buy and play Holdfast:NaW instead of Warband, because there's not Ottoman empire in its Napoleonic Wars DLC.

Can you please write an answer about this topic? This will make me and all Turks happy, Thank you.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2017, 11:38:34 pm by Gatts »

Offline Tardet

• Master's Mate
  • Hope is a lost value nowdays.
  • Nick: 92nd_Tardet
Re: Would you consider adding Turkish troops to the game?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2017, 02:51:55 am »
Have to agree with Gatts here, even though you add it later in the game, like in an update or something, would be cool to see nations like 'Spain', 'Ottoman Empire' or one of the Nordic Countries like 'Danemark' 'Sweden' or 'Norway'. Not only their uniform look super fancy for the most of them but it was clearly something missing in NW that would add more diversity to the game and potentially 'larger' communities.

Atleast consider it ;)
'Don't worry too much about what people think, they don't do it very often.'

Offline Jackson

• Global Moderator
  • Midshipman
  • Faction: Neutral
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2017, 02:58:09 am »
It's worth bearing in mind that adding factions is an enormously time-consuming (and therefore expensive) affair. It takes about 5-10 times longer to make a uniform for this than for Mount & Blade.
-Freelance character designer for Holdfast: Nations At War.

Offline Gojkov

• Surgeon's Mate
  • Vi victa vis
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2017, 10:33:06 am »
I'm sure we're all ready to pay just to see all the nations from NW here as well.

Offline Tardet

• Master's Mate
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2017, 11:02:31 am »
I'm sure we're all ready to pay just to see all the nations from NW here as well.

Personally, people call me stupid, but I'd pay to be capable of playing as the nations I've quoted above. But in game, on servers, it might be complicated to manage. However If I knew donating could mean having those factions in game from the start (with an engagement from the mods) then yeah, that would make me donating, and I doubt being the only one.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 11:45:00 am by Tardet »

Offline Gojkov

• Surgeon's Mate
  • Vi victa vis
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2017, 11:10:58 am »

Personall, people call me stupid, but I'd pay to be capable of playing as the nations I've quoted above. But in game, on servers, it might be complicated to manage. However If I knew donating could mean having those factions in game from the start (with an engagement from the mods) then yeah, that would make me donating, and I doubt being the only one.

Hear, hear!

Offline Bluehawk

• Global Moderator
  • Midshipman
  • Что делать? Стоять и умирать!
  • Faction: Prussia
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2017, 11:11:53 am »
Having combined land and naval action on the Danube around the fortified towns of Giurgiu and Braila would be pretty incredible.

...but for that, you'd have to add another certain faction for the Turks to fight  ;)

Offline Gojkov

• Surgeon's Mate
  • Vi victa vis
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2017, 11:13:20 am »
I wonder who might that be ;)

The Serbs, removing kebab since 1804

Offline Super_

• Surgeon's Mate
  • Captain of the 3rd Regiment of Foot
  • Faction: British Empire
  • Nick: William Lloyd
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2017, 11:27:10 am »
I'd love to see all the factions from NW plus new ones such as turkey. However, considering the time and effort that may be required I would be willing to wait. I imagine the launch may just be UK and France like MM with other factions added alongside development. Which would be fine for me, just keen to start playing.

Offline Irahi

• Master's Mate
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2017, 11:42:08 am »
If not whole factions, than maybe additional troop for France for example. (Like Polish lancers in NW)

Offline Tardet

• Master's Mate
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2017, 11:46:36 am »
I'd love to see all the factions from NW plus new ones such as turkey. However, considering the time and effort that may be required I would be willing to wait. I imagine the launch may just be UK and France like MM with other factions added alongside development. Which would be fine for me, just keen to start playing.

Quite a fair point, all in all I've a lot of faith in this dev team so I'm sure they will do the right things, even if, as you smartly pointed out, it takes time so they can take theirs making us a great game.

Offline Gojkov

• Surgeon's Mate
  • Vi victa vis
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2017, 01:33:19 pm »

+1

Offline Nurdbot

• Surgeon's Mate
  • Just another old snoddy
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2017, 04:45:24 pm »

I'm happy to wait but please don't go the DLC root if this is the case!

Offline Ribs

• Midshipman's Mate
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2017, 04:51:38 pm »

I'm happy to wait but please don't go the DLC root if this is the case!

++++

Offline McLovin

• Surgeon's Mate
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2017, 06:57:27 pm »
If the game is set in the Peninsular war (which it looks like it is) then including the Turks would be useless.