Anvil Game Studios

Author Topic: Seriously?  (Read 457 times)

Offline Irregular Alcoholic

• Chaplain
  • Bamboleo!!!!Bamboleo!
  • Faction: Neutral
Re: Seriously?
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2019, 09:10:33 am »
What is this thread 😂
its spring thread
Im just no need ladders and rockets
Im just need wine + vivandieres + horse

Spoiler
[close]

This man speaks the truth. I wonder if Battle Cry of Freedom will be released before cavalry gets added to Holdfast. That would be lé grande meme.

female characters and wine won't add anything to the game, sappers and rockets will.

Cav is this year, prob late autumn

Wine would be nice. Sure, I agree they wouldn't add much to the game. Moustaches and customizable faces should be added before female characters, too. Don't know if female characters even should be added, lol. But it's stuff for the future. I agree that sappers are a good addition, though.

I honestly think something more useful should have been added before the rockets, but oh well. Melee still needs love, and naval hasn't received a single content update since game release.
BCoF is also probably coming out this year. I wonder which comes first.

The rolling cannonball is a nice detail.

rolling cannonball and napoleonic era animation and many many things Im think more important then rockets

and why "wine and gerls" - slow reload and games based in this era have no dynamic and players must make roleplay actions to make game not so boring... and "gerls with wine" Im think make game more fun
and im realy know woman gamer who like this idea ...she all times plays as medic in Post Scriptum

and please bring back friendly fire

Offline Sourkraut

• Master's Mate
  • CSgt. l 21st Co.A
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2019, 07:50:12 am »
What is this thread 😂
its spring thread
Im just no need ladders and rockets
Im just need wine + vivandieres + horse

Spoiler
[close]

This man speaks the truth. I wonder if Battle Cry of Freedom will be released before cavalry gets added to Holdfast. That would be lé grande meme.

female characters and wine won't add anything to the game, sappers and rockets will.

Cav is this year, prob late autumn

Wine would be nice. Sure, I agree they wouldn't add much to the game. Moustaches and customizable faces should be added before female characters, too. Don't know if female characters even should be added, lol. But it's stuff for the future. I agree that sappers are a good addition, though.

I honestly think something more useful should have been added before the rockets, but oh well. Melee still needs love, and naval hasn't received a single content update since game release.
BCoF is also probably coming out this year. I wonder which comes first.

The rolling cannonball is a nice detail.

rolling cannonball and napoleonic era animation and many many things Im think more important then rockets

and why "wine and gerls" - slow reload and games based in this era have no dynamic and players must make roleplay actions to make game not so boring... and "gerls with wine" Im think make game more fun
and im realy know woman gamer who like this idea ...she all times plays as medic in Post Scriptum

and please bring back friendly fire

I do agree that the game is quite stale though and that development is still pretty slow.

Kinda wish they launched later on instead of in september of last year.

Offline Pierre

• Global Moderator
  • Master's Mate
  • Level Designer
    • 59th.eu
  • Faction: British Empire
  • Nick: 59th Cpt
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2019, 12:48:22 am »
For a 3 programmer team development is extremely fluid. Some early access games are lucky to even get 1 update a year.
Development is an on going process and features are being added to the game that the community has requested, larger features like cavalry obviously take time, AGS has already stated that it is coming, and trust me when I say it is indeed coming.

As for other games of a similar genre I personally don't believe they pose any threat to the future success of Holdfast and I'm sure they will have their own development delays and troubles of their own. It's all well and good complaining about development time but until you actually experience game development yourself you don't understand the time and effort that is required to create a game. I think people need to be a little more understanding, I know it can be frustrating to wait but people knew what they were buying into when they bought a early access game.

• Chaplain
  • Bamboleo!!!!Bamboleo!
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2019, 01:45:14 am »
For a 3 programmer team development is extremely fluid. Some early access games are lucky to even get 1 update a year.
Development is an on going process and features are being added to the game that the community has requested, larger features like cavalry obviously take time, AGS has already stated that it is coming, and trust me when I say it is indeed coming.

As for other games of a similar genre I personally don't believe they pose any threat to the future success of Holdfast and I'm sure they will have their own development delays and troubles of their own. It's all well and good complaining about development time but until you actually experience game development yourself you don't understand the time and effort that is required to create a game. I think people need to be a little more understanding, I know it can be frustrating to wait but people knew what they were buying into when they bought a early access game.

Im understand that offcourse but want say about priorities in development - my personal opinion what rockets and ladders not so important like cavalery and customisation
we all know if you say to someone "Napoleon" or ''Waterloo" or "Borodino" they say "oh yes rockets yes"  :-[

Offline Pierre

• Global Moderator
  • Master's Mate
  • Level Designer
    • 59th.eu
  • Faction: British Empire
  • Nick: 59th Cpt
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2019, 04:18:32 pm »
Rockets were already somewhat complete prior to the games launch, this update was an "easy" development path to take, cavalry is in the works meaning development of it is in progress, that doesn't mean we can't see other updates before hand release. Otherwise we'd be dry of content for months if not years

• Chaplain
  • Bamboleo!!!!Bamboleo!
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2019, 12:24:15 pm »
Rockets were already somewhat complete prior to the games launch, this update was an "easy" development path to take, cavalry is in the works meaning development of it is in progress, that doesn't mean we can't see other updates before hand release. Otherwise we'd be dry of content for months if not years

ok Im think slow speed of development - becorse not many members in team - team need more mambers - need more money
my ideas what can bring some money [even from player who buy game] is:
- DOI way - you can got after reach new level or buy some ''regiments skins" [like in Day of Infamy] - its good reason to players play more time even there no updates
- RS2 way - you can buy some cosmetic DLS like in Rising storm viet nam

or team can do 2 ways
Im write about before but game series [yep series of historical games  ;D] is "community driven" so Im not got any ansvers

• Chaplain
  • Bamboleo!!!!Bamboleo!
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2019, 07:36:17 pm »
can say - just playing with rockets and can say - rockets sounds like champagne wine - love it - love devs - cheers to all!!
realy better with rockets then without rockets

« Last Edit: March 15, 2019, 08:09:26 pm by Irregular Alcoholic »