Anvil Game Studios

Author Topic: Forum Suggestions  (Read 4715 times)

Offline Noise

• Petty Officer
  • Faction: Neutral
Re: Forum Suggestions
« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2017, 03:13:07 pm »
Could we have a stickied thread in the News & Announcements section that lists patch/update notes?
i5 4670k @ 4.2 GHz (non-OC'ed = 3.8 GHz)
Asus Strix GTX970 @ 1435 MHz (non-OC'ed = 1253 MHz)
16GB DDR3 @ 2133 MHz
Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD
1080p monitor @ 60hz // Windows 7 64-bit // 200/20 Mbps download/upload

Offline Haybales

• Regiment Leaders
  • Master
  • Official Server Administrator
    • 1st KRRC
  • Faction: British Empire
  • Nick: Bailey
« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2018, 11:09:18 pm »
Sub-Forums for Regiments

Pretty simple suggestion; with the addition of another nation, and the existence of several other nation based groups - break up the forum "Crews & Regiments" into respective nations. Of course, this would take a bit of micromanagement for existing groups - but would make future groups much easier to categorize.

Example

Offline Wolfster

• Regiment Leaders
  • Midshipman's Mate
  • 44th Pte Edwin Parker
« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2018, 11:28:15 am »
It would confuse things too much and simply put isn't practical. It would be much better just to keep it as it is because then that way the board isn't split up segregating the communities

Full-Time Lettings Negotiator.

Offline Starblazer

• Regiment Leaders
  • Midshipman's Mate
  • Admin for the HCL. JOIN THE 63e!
    • 63e Regiment
  • Faction: French Empire
  • Nick: 63e_SgtMaj_Star
« Reply #33 on: July 13, 2018, 08:13:20 pm »
It would confuse things too much and simply put isn't practical. It would be much better just to keep it as it is because then that way the board isn't split up segregating the communities
On top of that some people choose regiments based on factions that aren't implemented. Ex: Nr.9 Before the Prussia update so they wouldn't have a board for them. Even if you made a board for unimplemented nations, then we end up with a bunch of dead threads after said nation is put in. Am with Wolfster on this and it isn't practical.
Not in a regiment? Join ours today at https://63eregiment.enjin.com/enlistment

We have over 6 years (Yes, 6 years of linebattles/events/tournaments/trainings on a daily basis) of experience!  We have both NA and EU communities, we play Holdfast, NW as well as various other games. We attend and host linebattles, siege events, naval events, and trainings! Enlist today!

Offline Midnight

• Regiment Leaders
  • Master
  • Barely legal
  • Faction: Prussia
  • Nick: Midnight
« Reply #34 on: July 14, 2018, 03:38:23 pm »
The only thing in any capacity I would be for is a division of NA and EU boards for Events. Please for the love of good one day divide the event boards.
Manager of the Regimental Information account. Contact me if you wish to help with the project.
If you need to contact me, add me on Steam.

Offline Starblazer

• Regiment Leaders
  • Midshipman's Mate
    • 63e Regiment
« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2018, 03:59:13 am »
The only thing in any capacity I would be for is a division of NA and EU boards for Events. Please for the love of good one day divide the event boards.
Blaze doesn't particularly take care of the pinned board in EU/NA Tournaments and events. Before there is a sub-board, maybe the current people who put all of those responsibilities unto themselves should probably take care of their boards first. Not to harp on him but it says EU was last updated 16/06/18 and its been blank nearly 2 months. Its a simple excel spreadsheet. It probably shouldn't take months for a few minutes fix.
The regiment leaders account took an entire month to swap out a reg leader link on the Reg leader contacts pinned topic.

I think the current reg leaders understand which topics are active and therefore post in them. Its why you see consistent bumping. The sub boards would probably just add a different layer of confusion at this point imo because these documented lists that were created in the past are not being kept up. Hell, this topic's OG post was last updated September 3rd, 2017.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2018, 04:01:00 am by Starblazer »

We have over 6 years (Yes, 6 years of linebattles/events/tournaments/trainings on a daily basis) of experience!  We have both NA and EU communities, we play Holdfast, NW as well as various other games. We attend and host linebattles, siege events, naval events, and trainings! Enlist today!

Offline Blaze

• Server Administrator
  • Midshipman's Mate
« Reply #36 on: July 23, 2018, 10:03:59 pm »
Blaze doesn't particularly take care of the pinned board in EU/NA Tournaments and events. Before there is a sub-board, maybe the current people who put all of those responsibilities unto themselves should probably take care of their boards first. Not to harp on him but it says EU was last updated 16/06/18 and its been blank nearly 2 months. Its a simple excel spreadsheet. It probably shouldn't take months for a few minutes fix.

Sadly I have to disagree with you, heres all I have to say, if you can find me an application that needs adding that ISN'T already added by the dates of 16/06/2018 and after then I will admit to your statement being correct but sadly, I cannot even be convinced by your statement.

I looked through every single EU application that was ever posted on my thread, most, if not all events had been closed down.. Those events which I thought were active I decided to Private Messages the owners of the events to confirm, I added any events onto both the NA and EU Roster that I knew for 100% where active.

Offline Starblazer

• Regiment Leaders
  • Midshipman's Mate
    • 63e Regiment
« Reply #37 on: July 24, 2018, 01:20:05 am »

Sadly I have to disagree with you, heres all I have to say, if you can find me an application that needs adding that ISN'T already added by the dates of 16/06/2018 and after then I will admit to your statement being correct but sadly, I cannot even be convinced by your statement.

I looked through every single EU application that was ever posted on my thread, most, if not all events had been closed down.. Those events which I thought were active I decided to Private Messages the owners of the events to confirm, I added any events onto both the NA and EU Roster that I knew for 100% where active.

There are clear active events on the EU side that haven't been added. People realized the board you created was dead and didn't bother trying to update it since it took so long for you to respond unless called out.
Ex: Santa Ana Naval Battle,
EC Friday Event,
95th GD RP LB,
Kings Own Friday LB

I personally had to message you privately about our Linebattle events which needed link updates and that nearly took a month. Yeah maybe they haven't applied on it, but its probably because its a dead board. Same probably holds with the new NA events. Theres 2 new Tuesday siege events that haven't applied, a new Saturday LB, and the Grand Armee events aren't listed. While yeah maybe they should apply to get it added, it would probably make everyone's lives easier if the board holder was to go AFTER these events to confirm they are active and list them himself. It just seems like a miscommunication from community to you, since there aren't any active applications. There is no incentive to check the board since nobody looks at it to begin with due to its blankness.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2018, 01:25:20 am by Starblazer »

Offline Blaze

• Server Administrator
  • Midshipman's Mate
« Reply #38 on: July 24, 2018, 03:08:38 pm »
If people go apply on their own accord then they may do so, on previous threads on FSE, no owner of the thread went through their own time to add events onto the list that never applied, personally I am a busy person and am not gonna spend my time going through a forum and adding events that never applied.

Here is a clear example: https://www.fsegames.eu/forum/index.php?topic=27189.0
I am not here to argue, if you wish to continue this feel free to PM me, however it is not my job to go through the events board and add events that never applied, I am a busy person and will add events that FOUND the time to apply,
« Last Edit: July 24, 2018, 03:12:29 pm by Blaze »

Offline Midnight

• Regiment Leaders
  • Master
  • Barely legal
  • Faction: Prussia
  • Nick: Midnight
« Reply #39 on: July 25, 2018, 08:57:11 pm »
The regiment leaders account took an entire month to swap out a reg leader link on the Reg leader contacts pinned topic.

I think the current reg leaders understand which topics are active and therefore post in them. Its why you see consistent bumping. The sub boards would probably just add a different layer of confusion at this point imo because these documented lists that were created in the past are not being kept up. Hell, this topic's OG post was last updated September 3rd, 2017.

I'm gonna have to give that a fat yikes from me.

Main reason why the Reg. Account took so long is because before I allowed another person to help me with it, I would do them in huge batches rather than tiny edits every time someone posts. It's the way I did it, if you didn't like it, well tough luck imo.

I have to disagree that dividing it into NA/EU event boards would an extra layer of confusion. All you would have to do is click the damn sub-board of what events you want lmao. If you want to look for EU Events, click on the Events EU, NA, go to Events NA. Not really that hard to click 2 times is it? If people find that confusing, then maybe they shouldn't be leading regiments / units.
Manager of the Regimental Information account. Contact me if you wish to help with the project.
If you need to contact me, add me on Steam.

Offline rinse

• Landsman
« Reply #40 on: July 29, 2018, 09:45:30 pm »
How about a British English language forum?

Offline Amit

• Server Administrator
  • Standing Officer
  • 47e Rég't d'Infanterie; NALTA Head Admin
    • Steam Profile
  • Nick: [47e]Capt_Amit
« Reply #41 on: August 15, 2018, 06:57:11 am »
Please make the advanced search function a navigation menu item for the forum. It's annoying to have to type it in every time I want to do a deep search for something.

It should link to:
Code: [Select]
http://www.holdfastgame.com/forum/index.php?action=search
Who the fug am I? Read up here.

Offline Starblazer

• Regiment Leaders
  • Midshipman's Mate
    • 63e Regiment
« Reply #42 on: November 16, 2018, 06:50:59 am »
  • Warning before posting on old threads, *avoid necro threading*

I believe this has been implemented. Can be removed.