Anvil Game Studios

Author Topic: Star Wars Battlefront 2 - Release November 17th, 2017  (Read 2751 times)

Offline DΛRKWΛVΣ

• Surgeon
  • Faction: Neutral
Star Wars Battlefront 2 - Release November 17th, 2017
« on: April 26, 2017, 08:08:38 pm »

Overview

Lot of text, just incase you want to read it.
[close]

My personal thoughts?

Battlefront launched very well. It was enjoyable here and there a few bugs but not major game breaking. When time passed the game began to get a lot of hate. Which is understandable. Lack of content. All had to be bought with micro transactions. Oh and the Season Pass. Just EA again begging our money for their pockets.

Battlefront II does look promising. All eras (first to see then to believe), NO season pass is confirmed which is awesome. They don't want to have a community riot. Should have thought earlier about that but alright. And it looks like we get more maps. Also new ones we haven't got seen before. A lot of customization and an offline campaign mode. I really hope they do include instant action or some sort of it.

All in all it seems very promising, but being careful is in my opinion important. As EA is known with their past...

Here is the trailer so you can watch for yourself if you want to. I'll post some updates later.

Offline usnavy30

• Server Administrator
  • Surgeon's Mate
  • So much to see, so much to do
  • Nick: Navy
Re: Star Wars Battlefront 2 - Release November 17th, 2017
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2017, 08:14:34 pm »
More summertime gaming reveal events, all the merrier for info.

Thank gosh the sequel to BFI (2015) has a campaign, no co-op splitscreen on PC, but that is not a dealbreaker for me.

I look forward to BFII (2017) at EA Play this summer to see actual gameplay with the HUD and all, of course seeing how it plays with the gunplay and mechanics. Can command posts come back? Many questions, but the more information revealed the better. I ain't buying the game until close to release as we get more details revealed leading up to November. All I got is hope for the game to be solid.

For example, speaking of new details, the gaming industry wants everyone to pre-order for exclusive The Last Jedi costumes for Kylo Ren and Rey, along with similar skins for Kylo's personal starfighter most likely and the Millennium Falcon. When the game was announced, and then revealed we had no image to confirm how Kylo's and Rey's costumes would look like. So why pre-order yet? I pity the folks who pre-ordered after only just seeing the reveal trailer. Now we have at least one low resolution image of their costumes. 
Spoiler
[close]
Kylo Ren's outfit is hard to make out from the angle, but Rey's costume looks fantastic. If that is the actual final costume anyways, there is text below each outfit display saying it is not actual in-game images.

The deluxe trooper edition apparently has all benefits that are only early unlocks, but I need some more confirmation if the early unlocks are just the high tier blasters or that includes these ability modifiers we know little about.

As for the season pass, EA wants something else apparently in lieu of no season pass. Of course they do, we'll have to just wait and see come summer time.

For the latest info I check the /r/StarWarsBattlefront subreddit, almost daily. The game definitely has my curiosity and attention for the singleplayer campaign and (all) three eras feature.

Also, there is this interview that may be of note
http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2017/04/28/star-wars-battlefront-ii-interview-building-sequel-solo-sith-online-jedi/#/slide/1
« Last Edit: April 28, 2017, 10:22:17 pm by usnavy30 »

Offline VetroG

• Lieutenant
  • Faction: Prussia
  • Nick: VetroG
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2017, 03:16:17 pm »
I'm excited for this tbh

Offline DΛRKWΛVΣ

• Surgeon
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2017, 03:29:52 pm »
The new space gameplay was amazing. xd

Offline Garrel

• Acting Lieutenant
  • Art & Graphics Person.
    • Neptune Designs
  • Faction: British Empire
  • Nick: Finn
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2017, 03:33:02 pm »
The trailer looks insane. :3

Offline Dark_Knight

• Regiment Leaders
  • Midshipman's Mate
  • Faction: French Empire
  • Nick: Darkiii
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2017, 03:36:19 pm »
Looks amazing!
On which plateform will you guys get it? i personnaly will play it on Ps4

Offline Jack

• Regiment Leaders
  • Lieutenant
  • 33rd | Lt-Col | Charles Hay
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2017, 03:37:28 pm »

Offline DΛRKWΛVΣ

• Surgeon
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2017, 06:37:16 pm »
Looks amazing!
On which plateform will you guys get it? i personnaly will play it on Ps4
omg really? ? ? ? I am too haha. What is your PSN?

Offline usnavy30

• Server Administrator
  • Surgeon's Mate
  • So much to see, so much to do
  • Nick: Navy
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2017, 12:28:59 am »
The space combat looks better since the 2015 game. I hope there is a fourth or 'special' reinforcement starfighter yet revealed. Like a Rebel Alliance B-wing or TIE Defender for OT era. Since DLC will be free 'seasons' starting with Finn and Captain Phasma + additional maps. now we know there will be optional microtransactions for in-game Credits or probably real money as shortcut. Although now, since no season pass but microtransactions as a tradeoff, it won't be until the beta at least if we see that upgraded randomized star cards are overpowered or not. Some people will get really lucky with their crate openings before and during the beta this Fall. Other people won't be as lucky and have to make do with the regular versions of the star cards.

Now at this point, leading up to the public beta for Galactic Assault on Theed and Starfighter Assault on Fondor Shipyard.. we still have mixed signals on popular community questions. Will heroes and hero ships be cross-era and will it be in the final build of the game on release, or not? It is looking from Criterion's response to questions that it would be a yes, cross-era heroes and ships would remain in the released version. Saying that authenticity is a stressed point and yet cross-era feature seems to remain as-is. (I'd like if cross-era heroes/ships were in the game for a while, and then as more heroes are added post release, they would fill the slots and later remove it. Like 2015's helmetless stormtroopers.) Or about clone troopers having planet-based outfits, that was a yes last I checked. Or about visual customization itself overall and if there will be real-money option to buy cosmetics. The more the developers all around answer and show the same care and consideration for what the potential community of consumers want, the better. However, Criterion's response.. hasn't been received favorably.
https://streamable.com/2hu8a

The Battlefront series subreddit is very divided right now on things like cross-era heroes and ships in the regular game modes outside of only Heroes vs Villains. As well as old BFII's boarding feature, judging from their Wednesday memes pointing it out.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2017, 12:40:02 am by usnavy30 »

Offline Andee

• Surgeon's Mate
  • Nick: 16e Andee
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2017, 03:20:02 am »
I'll wait until its on sale.

Offline Garrel

• Acting Lieutenant
  • Art & Graphics Person.
    • Neptune Designs
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2017, 03:41:02 pm »
That's a while to wait, but let's hope it's worth it.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2017, 11:21:35 am by Garrel »

Offline Andee

• Surgeon's Mate
  • Nick: 16e Andee
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2017, 04:12:09 am »
The first one was such a let down so I'm not going to risk it.

Offline AgentMWolf

• Master's Mate
  • What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough
  • Nick: MadWolf
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2017, 03:47:16 pm »
The first one was such a let down so I'm not going to risk it.

Offline Garrel

• Acting Lieutenant
  • Art & Graphics Person.
    • Neptune Designs
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2017, 03:59:22 pm »
I don't think this one will be a letdown.

Offline AgentMWolf

• Master's Mate
  • What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough
  • Nick: MadWolf
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2017, 08:41:09 pm »
I don't think this one will be a letdown.

I hope not but afther Battlefield 1 and Battlefront i will wait and see.