Anvil Game Studios

Author Topic: Melee suggestions/idea's, come share them here!  (Read 17274 times)

Online VetroG

• Lieutenant
  • Faction: Prussia
  • Nick: VetroG
Re: Melee suggestions/idea's, come share them here!
« Reply #180 on: November 14, 2018, 04:34:25 am »
From the 20 minutes I spent testing out the melee recently since I've barely played at all since my old regiment disbanded it wasn't the best but kind of better than it was in 2017. If I were you I'd definitely add kicks later on but as of right now you should focus on the blocking and attacking features. The attack and blocking is very slow and feels like a slingshot as soon as you click right or left the stab or block should automatically kick in it's just far too slow. Feinting is another step I'd like to see be increased in speed kind of like NW in a way. The swing stabbing is way too overpowered as you literally retarded you could hit anything. Anyways this is just some of my feed back! Hope it helps.

If you'd like more feedback about some melee suggestions I'd contact one of these people (Most of them NW Veterans).

NickCole
MATT
VetroG
Godfreid
Wastee
RussianFury
Havoc
Yoshie
« Last Edit: November 14, 2018, 04:37:56 am by VetroG »

Offline Wolfster

• Regiment Leaders
  • Midshipman's Mate
  • 44th Pte Edwin Parker
  • Faction: British Empire
« Reply #181 on: November 14, 2018, 09:06:46 am »
Spoiler
[close]
Surely EU players would be best to contact as EU melee is confirmed best  ::) ::)

Full-Time Lettings Negotiator.

Offline Starblazer

• Regiment Leaders
  • Midshipman's Mate
  • Admin for the HCL. JOIN THE 63e!
    • 63e Regiment
  • Faction: French Empire
  • Nick: 63e_SgtMaj_Star
« Reply #182 on: November 14, 2018, 10:53:56 pm »
NickCole
MATT
VetroG
Godfreid
Wastee
RussianFury
Havoc
Yoshie
To be fair I think the heaviest considered suggestions should come from people that actually play the game.

I agree with Vetro about some feint speed stuff though. Could be a faster system overall, although the current system really isn't too bad, but players tend to sort of stalemate since the main components of duels are now footwork, feints, & attacks/blocks without any extra system of kicks or chambers.
Not in a regiment? Join ours today at https://63eregiment.enjin.com/enlistment

We have over 6 years (Yes, 6 years of linebattles/events/tournaments/trainings on a daily basis) of experience!  We have both NA and EU communities, we play Holdfast, NW as well as various other games. We attend and host linebattles, siege events, naval events, and trainings! Enlist today!

Online VetroG

• Lieutenant
  • Faction: Prussia
  • Nick: VetroG
« Reply #183 on: November 15, 2018, 03:39:25 pm »
NickCole
MATT
VetroG
Godfreid
Wastee
RussianFury
Havoc
Yoshie
To be fair I think the heaviest considered suggestions should come from people that actually play the game.

I agree with Vetro about some feint speed stuff though. Could be a faster system overall, although the current system really isn't too bad, but players tend to sort of stalemate since the main components of duels are now footwork, feints, & attacks/blocks without any extra system of kicks or chambers.
Yeah of course. I think they should also make it where you S Key it's like a little sprint back wards not walking pace.

Surely EU players would be best to contact as EU melee is confirmed best  ::) ::)
Got me there Wolfster  :-[