Anvil Game Studios

Author Topic: Map Concepts - Share with us your Ideas!  (Read 8372 times)

Offline J. Campbell

• Standing Officer
  • Master Corporal - 104th Regiment of Foot
  • Faction: British Empire
  • Nick: John Campbell
Re: Map Concepts - Share with us your Ideas!
« Reply #60 on: April 29, 2018, 07:09:05 pm »
MAP: https://imgur.com/a/ZFmPgXK

Creator: MrBeardM
Possible name of the map: Lusitania
How much it took to create the map: Around 12 hours
Special thanks: BC1 regiment
More Info: -Flags can be changed ( british defend and france attacks/or you can put prussia too)
                     -If you don't know waht a thing is on the map please contact me.

-MrBeardM | BC1 regiment
                                                                                                                                                                         -Thanks for reading-

Definitely should make more map concepts for Waliki to look into, or even try to figure out how to help him design it. This is amazing.

Offline Walki

• Anvil Game Studios
  • Master's Mate
  • Creator of Things
    • 51st Regiment of Foot
  • Faction: Neutral
  • Nick: Walki
« Reply #61 on: April 30, 2018, 02:47:19 pm »
MAP: https://imgur.com/a/ZFmPgXK

Creator: MrBeardM
Possible name of the map: Lusitania
More Info: -Flags can be changed ( british defend and france attacks/or you can put prussia too)
                     -If you don't know waht a thing is on the map please contact me.

-MrBeardM | BC1 regiment
                                                                                                                                                                         -Thanks for reading-

Great concept! Will certainly keep it in mind.

Thanks.

Quiet interesting indeed. *Hint hint hint*.

Online Refleax

• Anvil Game Studios
  • Purser
  • May good health be yours!
    • Holdfast: NaW
  • Nick: Refleax
« Reply #62 on: April 30, 2018, 03:55:56 pm »
Always welcome to share with us more of your ideas.

Facebook     |        Twitter     |        Community Discord

Offline MrBeardM

• Able Seaman
  • Hi.
  • Nick: MrBeardM
« Reply #63 on: April 30, 2018, 07:51:34 pm »
First of all,thank you for the positive response to my first map concept. I really appreciate that and because of the positive response, I made another map concept:

Map: https://imgur.com/a/YvxbvZI
Possible name of the map: Lake Fort / Fort Lake
More Info: -Flags can be changed around.
                -If you don`t understand something please contact me.

-MrBeardM | BC1 regiment-
                                                                                                                                                                -Thanks for reading-
You Only Die Once, you get the chance to live every day.

Online Refleax

• Anvil Game Studios
  • Purser
  • May good health be yours!
    • Holdfast: NaW
  • Nick: Refleax
« Reply #64 on: May 01, 2018, 10:17:31 am »
Another great concept.

Will forward it to our level designers. Thanks!

Facebook     |        Twitter     |        Community Discord

Offline Starblazer

• Master's Mate
  • Admin for the HCL. JOIN THE 63e!
    • 63e Regiment
  • Faction: French Empire
  • Nick: 63e_Sgt_Star
« Reply #65 on: May 01, 2018, 03:45:19 pm »
I'm sure others have mentioned this already, but randomly generated maps are a must.

But also some smaller maps for competitive 1v1s and 2v2s are needed, it's no fun fighting a regiment one on one and having to spend most of the fight walking to the enemy.

This
Not in a regiment? Join ours today at https://63eregiment.enjin.com/enlistment

We have over 6 years (Yes, 6 years of linebattles/events/tournaments/trainings on a daily basis) of experience!  We have both NA and EU communities, we play Holdfast, NW as well as various other games. We attend and host linebattles, siege events, naval events, and trainings! Enlist today!

Offline MrBeardM

• Able Seaman
  • Hi.
« Reply #66 on: May 02, 2018, 04:13:59 pm »
Hello again! In the past..Idk.. more than 12 hours I`ve been working on a map concept (coastal siege).
Next it will be Naval then Line battle maps.
  First of all,I want to say that this map concept isn`t so full of things and maybe it feels quite empty. That`s because I was trying to blend and make the map look a little bit nicer than using some black lines for shadows.

Map: https://imgur.com/a/xmi4un6
Possible name of the map: Forte de São João, Bran Castle (also known as Dracula`s Castle - Romanian Origins - Bottom right is where the castle is placed)
How much it took to create the map: More than 12 hours.
More Info: - Flags can be changed around.
                - The place where I showed you with red X`s is because that part is on a hill above the water so they need to board the ship next to the walls and go up from there.
                - Cannons can be placed on the hill above the water. There is the main place where they defend the hill AND the port in the golf. The port in the golf will only have 1 cannon because it depends on the people from the hill to defend them.
                - On the right we see a river. Well.. The river was blocked with wood by france empire(in this case) to make some trenches to protect themselfs BUT when they saw so many british ships they retreated and british can take advantage of that river trench.(its like a canal)
                - If you don`t understand something please do contact me.

The main and hardest point to Capture on this map: The Castle(bottom right)

- MrBeardM | BC1 regiment -
                                                                                                                                                              - Thanks for reading -

Offline Enigma

• Regiment Leaders
  • Master's Mate
  • GET. SOME.
  • Faction: French Empire
  • Nick: [85e] Enigma
« Reply #67 on: July 05, 2018, 03:22:12 pm »
I'd like for there to be a Borodino-esque map that includes Bagrations Fleches whenever Russia gets added.

Spoiler
[close]

I used to be an adventurer like you, then I took a cannonball to the crotch.

Offline GounterMcSnounter

• Landsman
« Reply #68 on: July 06, 2018, 11:59:43 am »
So I have an Idea for a map but I havent made it yet since I don't know where I can get the mapping tool for this game. The map is going to be inspired by Ligny but with a couple of changes. The french have kind of an advantage since they have occupied a grant hill close to their spawn. The prussia have controll over a couple of smaller hills + the rivers wich are small enough for you to use them as cover (like the ones on grassy plains). The special thing about this map is that theres a tunnel starting in a small hill by the prussians leading all the way up to the frenchies hill. in this tunnel there are multiple ways to go, they all lead to the same end though. the tunnel will be heavily focused on melee and clever play. it can be used to disguise the enemy while the main forces take the hill. the map is aimed towards compeititve play and although it may seem like it, it is not a siege map.

LEGEND

-violet things are just houses
-yellow things are fortress towers (but there are no fortresses on the map)
- green things are the hills
- the red thing is the tunnel
- flags indicate on where the opponents will spawn
- blue things are the small rivers u can use as cover
- brown things are bridges

i hope you like it  :) :) :)

Offline GounterMcSnounter

• Landsman
« Reply #69 on: July 06, 2018, 12:02:04 pm »
First of all,thank you for the positive response to my first map concept. I really appreciate that and because of the positive response, I made another map concept:

-Thanks for reading-

how did you draw this? like what programm did you use? it looks beautiful

Offline MrBeardM

• Able Seaman
  • Hi.
« Reply #70 on: July 06, 2018, 11:46:58 pm »

-Thanks for reading-

how did you draw this? like what programm did you use? it looks beautiful

Thank you for appreciating my creation :D
I used Krita. But of course there are more proffesional programs out there and you can make maps with every single one of them. I stood around 12 hours to make that. :)
« Last Edit: July 06, 2018, 11:49:32 pm by MrBeardM »