Anvil Game Studios

Author Topic: Mount and Blade Warband: Napoleonic Wars  (Read 9322 times)

Offline Hawk

• Landsman
  • Saxe-Conflans, Bannière au Vent!
  • Faction: French Empire
  • Nick: 4e_Huss_Hawk
Mount and Blade Warband: Napoleonic Wars
« on: January 20, 2017, 05:33:45 pm »
Just starting the ball rolling as i'm sure many of you out their are part of/ have been part of the community.

I'll just start the ball rolling by saying i've been part of the NW scene for nearly 4 years now and that if this game holds out for what it's promises and adds more features (more classes such as cavalry, multiple named regiments, more nations, etc.) then i could potentially see it becoming perhaps a replacement for NW as it's a bit of a dated game right now, despite it's popularity.

Offline DΛRKWΛVΣ

• Surgeon
  • Faction: Neutral
Re: Mount and Blade Warband: Napoleonic Wars
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2017, 05:46:31 pm »
I would defenitly play this game over NW. NW is really shit if you compare it to the early state of Holdfast already.

Offline Bravescot

• Midshipman's Mate
  • Faction: British Empire
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2017, 05:50:41 pm »
Welp time for the hype train to get rolling on this

Offline Rutger Müller

• Midshipman
  • Cpt Robert Müller
  • Nick: fug off :DDDDDD
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2017, 06:08:00 pm »
wats dis game????

Offline Bear

• Able Seaman
  • Nick: Bear
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2017, 06:25:30 pm »
NW compared to the trailer of this game is a shit show. Honestly if these devs care about their game, listen to their community and just add more (like more nations) then they've got a really good setup to take NW's community and form their own from other people on steam. I just hope this game isnt released before its done, hopefully its tested and runs well and smoothly. And has cav cause Im a cav nerd

Offline Bravescot

• Midshipman's Mate
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2017, 06:31:38 pm »
NW compared to the trailer of this game is a shit show. Honestly if these devs care about their game, listen to their community and just add more (like more nations) then they've got a really good setup to take NW's community and form their own from other people on steam. I just hope this game isnt released before its done, hopefully its tested and runs well and smoothly. And has cav cause Im a cav nerd
They got Devs from NW (and BCoF) on the team. Expect little and prepare for disappointment. However those devs aren't lead devs so....here's hoping.

Offline Rithal

• Landsman
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2017, 07:13:48 pm »
They got Devs from NW (and BCoF) on the team. Expect little and prepare for disappointment. However those devs aren't lead devs so....here's hoping.

You mean this game has developers from NW?

Offline Aztir

• Regiment Leaders
  • Petty Officer
  • Hi There!
    • 77y Website
  • Nick: Aztir
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2017, 07:45:45 pm »
Never heard of this MW you talk about.
“Where must we go, we who wander this wasteland, in search of our better selves.”
-The First History Man

Offline McLovin

• Surgeon's Mate
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2017, 08:04:26 pm »
I would defenitly play this game over NW. NW is really shit if you compare it to the early state of Holdfast already.

NW is based on an engine from 2010 though... and it was released in 2012.

Offline Frittentime

• Able Seaman
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2017, 09:31:15 pm »
the trailer looks good still combat can feel shit. Alot of ppl thought "Of kings and men" would become the new PW ... it didnt :D dont get overhyped cuz of a trailer :p

Offline Bear

• Able Seaman
  • Nick: Bear
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2017, 11:08:35 pm »
I dont expect much, so I hope they exceed my little expectations. Plus without Vince they're already a better dev team

Offline Rithal

• Landsman
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2017, 11:24:53 pm »
NW is based on an engine from 2010 though... and it was released in 2012.

It goes back even further to the original Mount and Blade, so 2008...

the trailer looks good still combat can feel shit. Alot of ppl thought "Of kingsand men" would become the new PW ... it didnt :D dont get overhyped cuz of a trailer :p

Yeah I definitely agree. Of Kings and Men was and is a huge let down. They still have time to fix it I guess but the point remains, we don't need to jump the gun and declare this the "new NW" too early.

Offline Bravescot

• Midshipman's Mate
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2017, 04:31:13 am »
I dont expect much, so I hope they exceed my little expectations. Plus without Vince they're already a better dev team
Eeeeeeeeyyyyyyyyyyy

Offline NickLasagne

• Surgeon's Mate
  • Nick Lazanis on FSE. Nick Lasagne on Steam
  • Nick: dubya
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2017, 10:54:35 am »
the trailer looks good still combat can feel shit. Alot of ppl thought "Of kings and men" would become the new PW ... it didnt :D dont get overhyped cuz of a trailer :p

if you can't spam "it's almost harvesting season" it's not a game worthy to be compared to PW

Offline Owen

• Chaplain
  • The Flying Baguette's Captain
    • Steam
  • Faction: French Empire
  • Nick: Owen
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2017, 11:26:18 pm »
It's all about a big change of time and development during the two games ... Just look what we can do today, even if the team is much smaller compare to a new AAA game, it's still possible via a lot of engine to do great things around, and the game will be great, just by having a look at the graphic.
Everyone that hate this game can only be nostalgic.