Anvil Game Studios

Author Topic: Mount and Blade Warband: Napoleonic Wars  (Read 9321 times)

Offline John Price

• Surgeon's Mate
  • Colonel - 18e 'Les Braves'
  • Faction: French Empire
  • Nick: Chriseh
Re: Mount and Blade Warband: Napoleonic Wars
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2017, 11:37:32 pm »
Frankly I find all of your comments extremely sad. NW is 5 years old and you all forget it was a mod before it was ever a DLC. A quick cash grab by Taleworlds nothing more, was never intended to go as far as it did and the FSE Devs put way more work into it than they probably ever needed too or should have.

They should stray away from the Iron Shackles that are NW and look for its own style of gameplay, of course keeping in a regiment system. I understand the aim of the game is to reach a similar conclusion to NW but it shouldn't be viewed as a NW 2.0 which everyone is doing currently. That will only bring it down.

I want to see this game being thrown into more places rather than just the NW community to attract new players. However if you keep talking about how shit NW was then its only going to make people think there is no hope and that they shouldn't even bother? That's why I had a hissy fit when Docm said that they aren't showing this as an NW remake because they clearly are.

Can you drop this conversation now? I actually would enjoy seeing new people playing.
Proudly leading the 18e for over 5 years, since January 2013.

Offline Owen

• Chaplain
  • The Flying Baguette's Captain
    • Steam
  • Nick: Owen
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2017, 11:43:51 pm »
Frankly I find all of your comments extremely sad. NW is 5 years old and you all forget it was a mod before it was ever a DLC. A quick cash grab by Taleworlds nothing more, was never intended to go as far as it did and the FSE Devs put way more work into it than they probably ever needed too or should have.

They should stray away from the Iron Shackles that are NW and look for its own style of gameplay, of course keeping in a regiment system. I understand the aim of the game is to reach a similar conclusion to NW but it shouldn't be viewed as a NW 2.0 which everyone is doing currently. That will only bring it down.

I want to see this game being thrown into more places rather than just the NW community to attract new players. However if you keep talking about how shit NW was then its only going to make people think there is no hope and that they shouldn't even bother? That's why I had a hissy fit when Docm said that they aren't showing this as an NW remake because they clearly are.

Can you drop this conversation now? I actually would enjoy seeing new people playing.

Actually thinking the same as you, would be sad to say this, but It would be waaaay better if any regiments from NW was here, I wouldn't mind individual people, but not everyone coming in group that will give cancer to every new player because "hey it's been 5 years since we play his daddy game".
Would love to see a lot of new player, and might think of giving money (if I find a donation system around) for a marketing campaign or something similar.
But in the actual moment, with all of us coming from FSE, you can't oppose the fact that people see this as a NW 2.0, we just have to wait, see the real game (that I think, will be way original and far from M&B) to have new players coming on the forums.

Offline John Price

• Surgeon's Mate
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2017, 11:49:32 pm »
It would be fine, but I think the fact that all the alpha testers for this game were NW players kinda says all for me.

I would prefer of it being brought in later on.

Offline Nock

• Ordinary Seaman
  • Ex-14e / Ex-17e / Currently in K-KA
  • Nick: Nock, not Nono
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2017, 01:37:33 am »
images/videos of holdfast look better than NW's videos in it's final state

so, the choice's easy

+ NW is honnestly pretty cancerous and shit

Offline SK

• Master's Mate
  • SK, 92nd Edward MacKay
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2017, 06:44:28 pm »
Shit man i actually agree with John Price for once.

Offline John Price

• Surgeon's Mate
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2017, 07:15:04 pm »
Shit man i actually agree with John Price for once.
Haha Cheers

I would personally like some chat between lets say, Gamespot etc. and put the trailer then an inside look or something. Get the game out there rather than just oppressing it with a smelly community ^

Offline Norwegian

• Regiment Leaders
  • Midshipman
  • Colonel du 85e Régiment d'Infanterie de Ligne
  • Nick: [85e] Norwegian
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2017, 07:16:26 pm »

I fully agree with what Price said, would be really nice to see new people entering this game rather than just the same old Napoleonic Wars regiments playing around. This game won't be NW 2.0 even though it may look like it now. This game will be way more arcadey (I think) and in my opinion, that is good, because we all want something fresh and new. It is important to attract new people into this game and community, and not just base it off us old guys who are all coming over from NW.

Would also be lovely to see new regiments rise, and not just seeing the same big old regiments that we saw in NW.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 07:19:15 pm by Norwegian »

Offline Cazasar

• Surgeon's Mate
  • Always up for a round of CoH2
  • Faction: Neutral
  • Nick: Caz
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2017, 10:01:17 pm »
So canyone explain this whole thing to me? Stopped with NW like half a year ago and now this is a thing? Is there a Story behind it? Big Drama between Olafson and co.?  ???

Im confused. Someone help me.
"We are all responsible for our own happiness"
"God thats depressing."

Offline NickLasagne

• Surgeon's Mate
  • Nick Lazanis on FSE. Nick Lasagne on Steam
  • Nick: dubya
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2017, 10:30:55 pm »
So canyone explain this whole thing to me? Stopped with NW like half a year ago and now this is a thing? Is there a Story behind it? Big Drama between Olafson and co.?  ???

Im confused. Someone help me.

Right. I stopped with NW at about the same time but I had a chance to test this game with marks's reg the 1er. No drama from what I know,just a different game being developed. A lot of the community seems to be carrying over though,as you do.

Offline Gojkov

• Surgeon's Mate
  • Vi victa vis
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2017, 10:55:00 am »
NW is not shit, all of us have thousands and thousands of hours on it. NW community was shit and Holdfast gives us a chance to change that. The whole point, as I see it, is that we'll finally have a standalone game which will constantly be developed, updated and therefore won't die out like NW did.

And for all those who don't like the graphics of Holdfast and keep calling it "an animated cartoon" go play Call of Duty 56 or whichever number they got to now.

Offline Kore

• Able Seaman
  • Nick: Kór
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2017, 11:04:56 am »
if nw was shit you all cunts wouldn't play it so much

Offline Gojkov

• Surgeon's Mate
  • Vi victa vis
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2017, 11:09:03 am »
if nw was shit you all cunts wouldn't play it so much

Offline John Price

• Surgeon's Mate
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2017, 11:28:45 am »
Everyone who says NW was shit are new gen fuckbois who did not play MM.

Speaking of MM will this game have melee mechanics that look like you are swinging a tennis racket as well?

Offline Gojkov

• Surgeon's Mate
  • Vi victa vis
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2017, 11:29:25 am »
Haven't you seen the trailer/screenshots? :P

Offline John Price

• Surgeon's Mate
« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2017, 11:30:01 am »
Haven't you seen the trailer/screenshots? :P
Watched the trailer really didn't show much.