The 2nd Public BETA of Game Version 0.14 is now available. The team has been plenty busy fixing issues that cropped up during the previous weeks of testing. We cannot stress enough how crucial it is for us to ensure that the game is functioning as intended before an update sees an official release.
A big thanks to everyone who joined us during last week’s BETA tests! There’ll be more of this taking place in the coming days. Do join us on Discord if you’re interested in participating. We’ll be there listening to feedback and receiving your bug reports.
How Can I Join The Public BETA Server?
You need to download the Public BETA branch of the game through Steam.
This can be done by right-clicking on ‘Holdfast: Nations At War’ in your Steam game library, selecting ‘Properties’ from the drop-down menu, going to the ‘Betas’ tab, then selecting the beta version of the game from the drop-down menu.
After the download has been completed, join the ‘Anvil Game Studios Official EU8 - BETA’ or ‘Anvil Game Studios Official NA8 - BETA’ server to check out the update.
Here’s a long list of fixes and some additions.
BETA V2 Changelog - Game Version 0.14.6733.33738
- Assigned a variety of different thumbnails to land-based spawn locations. These are present in the new spawn menu user interface.
- Greyed out the Location, Attrib and Equip tabs in the new spawn menu user interface to indicate that they’re not selectable. We’ll be looking into this when we re-design the class system.
- New end of round/victory tunes for all factions are now in the game! We do hope that you take a liking to these.
Server administrators can now select Brazil as a region through the server configuration file.
» Input the following parameter if you’d like to assign the Brazilian region to your server: server_region brazil
- Added an audio reverb for an echoey effect when speaking or other sounds play inside buildings.
- Moved the spawn locations on Linburg for the Army Battlefield and Army Assault game modes to encourage combat to take place in other areas besides the village in the centre.
- Fixed an issue where the capture point flags weren’t switching to the correct faction when captured in the Army Conquest, Army Siege and Coastal Siege game modes.
- Fixed several issues with the new user interface scaling incorrectly on widescreen resolutions.
- Map loading screen images will now appear faster.
- Improved the looks of the join button in the new spawn menu user interface.
- We have now included hover states to all the buttons in the faction selection screen.
- Doors are now interactable by both factions irrespective of who owns the capture point in the vicinity. This will change once we get to fully integrate the ability to destroy doors, windows and other defences with melee weapons.
- Adjusted the initial spawn positions for players on several maps so you don’t spawn way too much above ground. This is still a work in progress and some spawn locations have yet to be re-visited.
- Fixed a bug which caused the randomised ship names for the 8-Gun Schooner to always appear the same when multiple schooners are present in the round.
- Fixed an issue where the spawn menu would sometimes appear instead of the options menu when you press the ‘Escape’ key.
- Fixed a bug where the chat remained visible whilst navigating through the faction and spawn menu user interfaces.
- An infinity symbol now shows in the new spawn menu user interface instead of a -1 value when a particular faction’s reinforcements are unlimited.
- Fixed an issue where the faction reinforcements in the new spawn menu user interface didn’t represent the correct value until you spawn.
- A message now gets displayed in the spawn menu when a player must wait for the next round to spawn in the Army Assault game mode.
- Fixed an issue where players could join at any point in the round whilst playing the Army Assault game mode.
- Fixed an issue where players could re-spawn when they die in the Army Assault game mode.
- Fixed an issue where players were able to click on the ‘Join Round’ button when they die in the Army Assault game mode.
- Fixed an exception that was occurring on the server when changing from one game mode to another.
- Fixed several spelling mistakes in the music selection panel for the British faction.
- Fixed an issue with warnings appearing on the server every time a player interacts with a door. This was impacting server-side performance.
- The doors on the Martello Tower coastal siege map are now positioned correctly.
- Birds have been included in the Linburg map.
- You should no longer be able to jump on top of Linburg’s windmill.
- Fixed several floating props in Linburg.
- Removed several colliders from small props so players can navigate more easily in Linburg.
- Fixed an issue where players could get stuck between doors in Linburg.
- Fixed an issue where players fell through the ground whilst walking in the cabin on the Black Forest map.
- You are now able to pass through one of the shallow ponds on Black Forest.
- Fixed an issue with snow and rain dynamic weather accumulation on the Black Forest map.
- Fixed an issue where players could get stuck between objects in Black Forest.
- Changed the grass textures on Black Forest so it blends better with the rest of the environment.
- Added another mortar on the Black Forest map.
- Fixed an issue where the Black Forest map loading screen appeared to be blurry.
- Adjusted several ladders on Sharpton so players can climb them more easily.
- Fixed an issue where one of the doors on Sharpton wasn’t interactable.
- Fixed an issue with cannot rotations on the Sharpton siege map.
- Fixed an issue where players could jump out of the window and go into the river on Sharpton.
- More chairs on Fort Christina are now sittable.
- Fixed a spelling mistake on one of the spawn points in Fort Christina.
- Fixed several instances where players could get stuck between objects in Fort Christina.
- You can now more easily climb the staircases near the gabions in Fort Christina.
- Fixed an issue where players got stuck when they opted out of sitting from one of the chairs inside the blockhouse in Fort Christina.
- The Fort Christina spawn location now appears at the top of the list in the new spawn menu user interface.
- Fixed an issue with flickering textures on one of the pianos in the game.
- Included several ambient sounds on Fort Winston.
- Fixed an issue with recoil on one of the cannons on the Highlands map.
- Fixed an issue on the server to prevent the new Black Forest and Linburg maps form outputting a warning at the beginning of the round.
- Fixed an error that was being caused when an object was destroyed in the game.
- And most importantly, the equip-able flag of the Flagbearer class is now animating again. Make your presence known as every Flagbearer should.
- Players can get stuck whilst moving on the stone stairs in Linburg.
- You can ‘Turn On’ a door. Yeah. Brilliant.
There’s also a little bit of a surprise for you to discover in this BETA! Look forward to hearing more from us on the full release. We have also been working on the melee combat hitbox issues. We’ll be sure to keep you updated on this.
Once again, we thank you and as always, may good health be yours.
Discuss this blog post here.
Once again thank you for all of your support from all of us on the Holdfast: NaW team,
- Refleax, Rycon, Dreas, Monroy, Walki, Cameron & Rejenorst
Anvil Game Studios