We’re pushing forward yet another update for Holdfast: Nations At War! Similar to our previous release, you’ll find plenty of bugs being tackled and administrative tools to make use of further facilitating the hosting of community events.
Have a read of our latest blog post.
Changelog 43 - Game Version 0.37.7202.30892
- Players are no longer able to use buildable ammo boxes and rocket stacks to block pathways.
- Player-built ammo boxes and rocket stacks are now destructible.
- Similar to other melee weapons, you will now find yourself killed within a single strike if someone lands a hit on you with a flag while you’re reloading a firearm.
- The ‘rc ForceFirstPersonMode’ command now immediately forces players in third-person view to the first-person view.
- Server administrators are now able to parse multiple commands within a single line. The syntax goes as follows. Use a semicolon between commands and don’t repeat the rc parameter.
» You must always log in as an administrator first before issuing a remote command.
» rc <Command 1>;<Command 2>;<Command 3>;...
» rc broadcast Form a line!; set characterRunSpeed 5
- Server administrators are now able to prevent players from shooting with firearms through an rc command. You’ll certainly find a use for this when a melee all charge is issued during events.
» Keep in mind that rc commands persist through rounds. If a command is enabled in one round it must be manually disabled on the next by setting it to false.
» rc set allowFiring <true or false>
» rc set allowFiring false
- Server administrators are now able to delay the application of a particular rc command to a specific time. For instance, you could set ‘rc delayed 300 broadcast All Charge!’ to kick in at the 5-minute mark followed by a command to prevent players from firing during the charge by issuing ‘rc delayed 300 set allowFiring false’.
» Keep in mind that rc commands can also be inputted in the server configuration file per map rotation.
» rc delayed <Time To Be Issued> <Command>
» rc delayed 300 broadcast All Charge!
» rc delayed 300 set allowFiring false
- Players making use of older AMD cards will no longer be presented with texture-less terrain.
- Players making use of older AMD cards will now correctly render ocean while playing on the Naval Battlefield, Naval Assault or Coastal Siege game modes.
- Solved an issue with audio when player-built or static defences where destroyed. It could be heard from a great distance afar and was otherwise quite loud.
- Experimental fix towards an intermittent issue which causes players to spawn with their hands always pointing towards a carriable object.
- Solved an exception that occurred when a player requested to auto-join a round.
- Solved an issue where the player’s score breakdown overlapped the spectate text.
- Solved an issue where graphics preset would instead show as vsync in the settings.
- Vistula, 92nd, friekorps and musician classes now show their correct medals in game.
- Solved an issue which causes the Top 5 leaderboards to not refresh correctly.
- Solved an issue where players could gather the 'Pomp & Circumstance' achievement without playing as a musician.
- Solved an exception that occurred during the end of round when the leaderboard standing was being displayed.
- Solved an issue with medals showing next to a player’s name becoming blurry when a player selects one of the lower graphical settings.
- Solved an exception that occurred when an administrator slayed another player.
Optimisations & Others
- Conducted multiple server-side optimisations for when players connect to a server.
- Optimised the scoreboard accessed through the ‘Tab’ key.
- Update the ‘Join Custom Server’ panel.
Once again, we thank you for your generous support and as always, may good health be yours.
We’re working on the next update.
Discuss this blog post here.
Once again thank you for all of your support from all of us on the Holdfast: NaW team,
- Refleax, Rycon, Dreas, Wrexial, PingPong, Walki, Cameron & Rejenorst
Anvil Game Studios