Holdfast: Nations At War embarks on a two-week long game sale presenting the opportunity to gather the game at half the price! Leading to the much-anticipated release of the next major update we’ll be introducing 2 maps to engage in heated battle - Lamarsh Fen and Causeways. You’ll also find that the game is now available in more languages.
It would be great if you can help us spread the word around about the sale to bring this genre of Musket Warfare games that we all love in the limelight. We want to continue strengthening the following behind the game as it grows and develops.
Come have a look at what’s to come. Check out our recent blog-post.
2 Maps! Lamarsh Fen & Causeways
Present and playable with the latest game update, you will find two new maps to sink your teeth into on the Army Front rotation. Lamarsh Fen is designed to encourage and promote action-packed engagements as players can quickly get into the fray. Capture and hold key positions on the Army Conquest game mode or co-ordinate assault on Army Battlefield.
Causeways is making a comeback. Long-time followers of our on-goings may keenly remember that a concept for this level was undergoing BETA testing but didn’t just make it to release due to its sheer size. We’ve gone back and revisited the map to bring the engagement closer.
More Languages! Localisation
In support of niches within our dedicated community, we’ve expanded the selection of available languages to Polish, Italian, Czech as well as Dutch. Existing languages have also been revisited to improve upon their translation. Our sincere thanks go to all of those who supported this community-wide effort!
- Italian - Barba Rossa, Aranos92, Jack Aubrey & Helbert.
- Polish - Czechu, Wiking & Samowar.
- Dutch - Wordsmith, Plastie, Timsel, Xeha, Fireman & VergerNL.
- Czech - Billy Mays, Moley, Fainey, Kockonos, Svatda & Mimu.
- Chinese (Traditional & Simplified) - FeX Xcd, Marshmallows & Kamoeth.
- French - Persess, Spitch & Mcfloy.
- German - Loler, Mendoza, Pixelfall, Darknightmare100, Friedrich, Jan v. Richthofen & Airborne.
- Japanese - Sato.
- Korean - SNG.
- Portuguese (Brazil) - Tatic, Frex20K & Blonde Mechanics.
- Russian - Cortez, Paul & Progylkin.
- Spanish - Belle, Voli, Humsl, OGNrazer, Zarko985, Carlos Pedretti, Dionant, Arsen & Fischer.
What’s Next? Cavalry Units
It won’t come as a surprise to many but we are indeed gearing up for the much-anticipated cavalry release! They will be seeing an introduction in Holdfast: Nations At War with the next major update.
It is quite the undertaking for our rather small development team and there's a lot that needs doing but our sights are still set on releasing the update this year and to this date, things are still very much on schedule.
Here’s a little something for your eyes to feast upon.
Changelog 44 - Game Version 0.38.7223.25126
- 2 New Maps! Lamarsh Fen and Causeways are now playable on the Army Front rotation.
» Input the following parameters to play these maps on your community server: map_name lamarshfen and map_name causeways
- Amended the Army Front rotation to include one instance of Ernest Ridge on Conquest.
- New Languages! In support of niches within our dedicated community, we’ve expanded the selection of available languages and improved on existing ones.
» Italian, Polish, Dutch, Czech, Chinese (Traditional & Simplified), French, German, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese (Brazil), Russian & Spanish.
Quality of Life
- You can now type in chat while auto-running.
- Implemented a command to reset the server configuration back to its default state.
» rc set default
- Solved an issue where the highest level 50 soldier rank medal wasn’t showing correctly.
- Solved an issue which caused the time played in the extended leader board to display incorrectly.
- Solved an issue which caused certain piano tunes to play less often than others.
Thank you for your support and as always, may good health be yours.
We’re working on the next update.
Discuss this blog post here.
Once again thank you for all of your support from all of us on the Holdfast: NaW team,
- Refleax, Rycon, Dreas, Wrexial, PingPong, Walki, Cameron & Rejenorst
Anvil Game Studios