Anvil Game Studios

Author Topic: Will there be a Holdfast Player Account/Hub/Database system?  (Read 1105 times)

Offline Nurdbot

• Surgeon's Mate
  • Just another old snoddy
  • Faction: British Empire
Will there be a Holdfast Player Account/Hub/Database system?
« on: January 26, 2017, 03:24:29 pm »
One of the sources of griefing in the older game is people stealing usernames, clan tags or even regiment/clan names themselves because well at the end of the day it was all just your username and a gentlemans agreement to not be an arse.

Since the developers have stated they will support the more organised elements of the community I must ask will be some sort of in game or a website based account system database that players can not only register themselves and their regiments too but also perhaps be used for stat tracking and even some sort of browser based HTML meta game?

It would be honestly fantastic if this was a thing now. This game is coming onto STEAM and might be the best way to use the Steamworks system to the full.

Offline Owen

• Chaplain
  • The Flying Baguette's Captain
    • Steam
  • Faction: French Empire
  • Nick: Owen
Re: Will there be a Holdfast Player Account/Hub/Database system?
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2017, 05:54:08 pm »
I don't like this system, It was better on NW and case of stealing were friendly or directly controlled.
Same shit for Steam name, I don't want to have to wear my clan tag on an account (otherwise I'll buy a new one instead of my main account)

Offline Herishey

• Petty Officer
  • EST 19XX. These Things Happen........
  • Faction: French Empire
  • Nick: 84e
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2017, 05:57:39 pm »
One of the sources of griefing in the older game is people stealing usernames, clan tags or even regiment/clan names themselves because well at the end of the day it was all just your username and a gentlemans agreement to not be an arse.

Since the developers have stated they will support the more organised elements of the community I must ask will be some sort of in game or a website based account system database that players can not only register themselves and their regiments too but also perhaps be used for stat tracking and even some sort of browser based HTML meta game?

It would be honestly fantastic if this was a thing now. This game is coming onto STEAM and might be the best way to use the Steamworks system to the full.
I don't think it should link to Steam names or anything but I mean registering regiments or players could be useful, especially for RGL or NWL styled events.
YouTube

"The gods are man's creation, to give answers
that they are too afraid to give themselves."

Offline Nurdbot

• Surgeon's Mate
  • Just another old snoddy
  • Faction: British Empire
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2017, 07:11:30 pm »
It wouldn't be tied to your STEAM account directly, I'm thinking of a steamworks sort of system attached to your copy of the game maintained by the developers. Sort of like with MMO style games.

It wouldn't make sense also if the player themselves weren't allowed to change their names or leave groups. A system stopping people copying currently established names and groups is what is needed.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 07:13:13 pm by Nurdbot »