77th Monday Linebattle
This event will feature Line Infantry, Skirmishers, and Artillery (no rifles) and will be played on Hardcore mode at 8pm EST.
This event will be run by a dedicated admin who will not be allowed to participate in the event. In order to strive for a balanced event, we will also be accepting volunteer admins from participating regiments who will stay in an admin channel with the 77th admin. It is not required that a regiment provide an admin, but we simply hope by allowing for it we can run a fair and fun event.
As will be explained below, we will be using rather unique skirmishing rules. Big props to the 89e for coming up with them, they work very well! We will establish an artillery rotation for all interested regiments.
Line Infantry Rules:
- Please be polite - no racism or trolling in chat or voip.
- Do not spam voip, as it often leads to server lag.
- No fire out of line, reload on charge, or fire on charge.
- An officer may fire his pistol ONCE while charging.
- No rambo.
- Each line is allowed one special (musician, or doctor, but no carpenters please), along with one officer and one flag per line.
- Ultimate discretion in enforcing these rules is solely up to the admin(s). Any complaints or disagreements can be sent to rub or Glofer.
- A line must start the round with a minimum of 5 men (not including the officer).
- Once the line falls below 3 men (including officer), it must charge or find another line.
- Each regiment may bring a skirmish detachment that comprises of 20% of its total strength. This means 1 out of every 5 guys may so skirmisher.
- Skirmish groups must remain within about 25 meters of their "parent" lines (This means you should be able to see them on your compass). If this line is defeated, the skirmishers may not fire until they find another line to join.
- Skirmishers can only play as the light infantry class.
- The regiment chosen for artillery can field 3 artillery crew (gunner, loader, and spotter), and 2 artillery guard per Cannon MAXIMUM
- If the artillery crew dies, then the artillery guard may take over the cannon.
- Artillery crew must go cannoneer class and artillery guard must go as guard class.
- The artillery guard and crew may defend their artillery piece(s), They are allowed to skirmish but must be within 25 meters (compass range) of an active cannon to do so. Meaning they cannot stay and skirmish next to a cannon that has been abandoned by its crew. Artillery guard skirmishing must be used defensively only, any offensive use of this privilege will result in the offender being slain.
- Artillery crews may not use cannons that respawn after being destroyed.
Have you read and understood the rules?
Have you added rub on steam?
Have you joined the TS?