Anvil Game Studios

Author Topic: ♞ Cavalry Suggestions for Holdfast  (Read 10263 times)

Offline Nurdbot

• Surgeon's Mate
  • Just another old snoddy
  • Faction: British Empire
Re: ♞ Cavalry Suggestions for Holdfast
« Reply #60 on: October 03, 2017, 01:07:15 am »
You can easily look around 360 while sat in a saddle, though.

While this is fine for cavalry, I meant infantry who in the heat of battle should really be looking forward and trying not to die. It's hard enough to ambush somebody when everyone more or less has instant communication and reactions but really the vanity cam just makes it too easy.

Offline Kerroro

• Standing Officer
  • NCO here boi
    • IVe Corps d'Armée Français
  • Faction: French Empire
  • Nick: IVe_2e_Kerroro
« Reply #61 on: October 03, 2017, 02:34:29 am »
Absolutly not a cavalry player and sadly cannot help you to find awesome stuffs about the gameplay.
But I was wondering, I don't know if someone talked about it; what about custom horse ? I mean, very basic customization (primary color, secondary color, maybe eyes, saddle, ...) ?
« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 02:38:06 am by Kerroro »

Offline TooL69

• Surgeon's Mate
« Reply #62 on: October 04, 2017, 12:31:13 pm »
Firearms for cavalry would for sure be welcome. It was iritating that they were not in Warband's NW DLC while they took the time to model the pouches and slings for them.
If they will be given weaponry (and even if not, its not like a cavalrymen couldnt take a dead's infantrymen firearm) a modifier for shooting when mounted would be needed to make sure a galloping cavalrymen cant have such precision as if he would be standing with his horse.

Cavalry carbines need faster reloads than infantry muskets.
For a change, one could add the whole arsenal of cavalry of that time. For example, the best cavalrymen in each squadron were armed with short rifles or blunderbuss.

Offline CrocHunter

• Master's Mate
  • CavGF Co-owner
  • Faction: Neutral
« Reply #63 on: October 04, 2017, 12:45:36 pm »
Yes, a large selection would be nice for cavalry but also for the other classes if there were a way to modify easily in the server settings what each class has and tailor the servers for different playstyles.
Nr3 "Griff's Own" Husaren & Infanterie Regiment
Rittmeister Sernis Thausten

Offline Poney

• Able Seaman
  • Faction: Neutral
« Reply #64 on: October 04, 2017, 01:14:52 pm »
Absolutly not a cavalry player and sadly cannot help you to find awesome stuffs about the gameplay.
But I was wondering, I don't know if someone talked about it; what about custom horse ? I mean, very basic customization (primary color, secondary color, maybe eyes, saddle, ...) ?

I want a pony regiment ლ(* ε *ლ)