Anvil Game Studios

Author Topic: Reenactment Regiments (NW)  (Read 21199 times)

Offline Lecourbe

• Regiment Leaders
  • Master's Mate
  • Par le fer quand le feu manque !
    • 61e Régiment
  • Faction: French Empire
  • Nick: [61e] Lecourbe
Re: Reenactment Regiments (NW)
« Reply #105 on: January 28, 2017, 07:31:15 pm »
Hey!
Civil war and ww2 are way over done in America

What about independence war? Is there a lot of groups reenacting this period? I suppose a major part of people who are doing the 1812 war is also doing the independence war, but I don't know.

Anyway, I'm from Switzerland, and serve in the 3e Régiment Suisse, Compagnie de Voltigeurs (3rd Swiss Regiment, Voltigeurs Company). We're around 15 in our group so I don't know if other people than French know us x)

Offline Cara

• Surgeon's Mate
  • Former IVe_AdC / Random Voltigeur
« Reply #106 on: January 28, 2017, 10:19:46 pm »
No I don't know you !

Offline Olafson

• Master's Mate
  • Flying Squirrel Entertainment
  • Faction: Neutral
« Reply #107 on: January 28, 2017, 11:25:17 pm »
I believe there is a rather well sized War of Independance reenactment community in the US. At Least I constantly see posts from/about them on Facebook. Some of their hardcore groups and events look extremely fun, sometimes I wish I was there.

Offline Lecourbe

• Regiment Leaders
  • Master's Mate
  • Par le fer quand le feu manque !
    • 61e Régiment
  • Nick: [61e] Lecourbe
« Reply #108 on: January 28, 2017, 11:57:54 pm »
No I don't know you !

Nub

I believe there is a rather well sized War of Independance reenactment community in the US. At Least I constantly see posts from/about them on Facebook. Some of their hardcore groups and events look extremely fun, sometimes I wish I was there.

Mmh, yeah, fighting as Minuteman

Offline Marshal LongTree

• Master's Mate
  • Lieutenant Longtree
« Reply #109 on: January 28, 2017, 11:59:19 pm »
All the major rev war events and units  are up north east there are some guys from Arizona  that do rev war put the dont use flintlock muskets they use percussion cap muskets cause the work better so yah  .

Offline Olafson

• Master's Mate
« Reply #110 on: January 29, 2017, 12:18:41 am »
All the major rev war events and units  are up north east there are some guys from Arizona  that do rev war put the don't use flintlock muskets they use percussion cap muskets cause the work better so yah  .

Gotta love those guys.

I know in Leipzig I saw a group of Swedish guys, all armed with percussion weapons.
For some reason the organizer was fine with it, even tho in the rules it was clearly stated that percussion weapons are not allowed.

I don't even know where they store their percussion caps when doing this. It is not like you have a 2nd cap box or anything.

Offline Marshal LongTree

• Master's Mate
  • Lieutenant Longtree
« Reply #111 on: January 29, 2017, 12:26:59 am »
All the major rev war events and units  are up north east there are some guys from Arizona  that do rev war put the don't use flintlock muskets they use percussion cap muskets cause the work better so yah  .

Gotta love those guys.

I know in Leipzig I saw a group of Swedish guys, all armed with percussion weapons.
For some reason the organizer was fine with it, even tho in the rules it was clearly stated that percussion weapons are not allowed.

I don't even know where they store their percussion caps when doing this. It is not like you have a 2nd cap box or anything.

They say the reason they use percussion caps is for the audience cause they work better.

Offline Olafson

• Master's Mate
« Reply #112 on: January 29, 2017, 02:12:12 am »
Bullshit.
Misfires do not happen THAT often. And if they do, the audience is usually amazed too.

+Percussion weapons are boring. You lose the kick of having a huge explosion literally 2cm away from your face. Or getting sparks in the back of your neck from all the other dudes firing around you.
Or burn wounds on your hands and stuff. Exchanging a flint in the middle of the battle, cleaning your gun in the middle of the battle. You lose all that when using percussion. Pretty boring.

Most percussion weapons are also smaller and have a smaller caliber. Really boring, if you ask me.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 02:17:54 am by Olafson »

Offline Marshal LongTree

• Master's Mate
  • Lieutenant Longtree
« Reply #113 on: January 29, 2017, 03:37:23 am »
Bullshit.
Misfires do not happen THAT often. And if they do, the audience is usually amazed too.

+Percussion weapons are boring. You lose the kick of having a huge explosion literally 2cm away from your face. Or getting sparks in the back of your neck from all the other dudes firing around you.
Or burn wounds on your hands and stuff. Exchanging a flint in the middle of the battle, cleaning your gun in the middle of the battle. You lose all that when using percussion. Pretty boring.

Most percussion weapons are also smaller and have a smaller caliber. Really boring, if you ask me.

I agree

Offline Harris1815

• Master's Mate
  • what ar you lookin at?
  • Faction: British Empire
  • Nick: Harris
« Reply #114 on: January 29, 2017, 04:00:03 am »
Olaf just offended the entire Civil war reenactment community! Prepare for the flame olaf.
God is not on the side of the big battalions, but on the side of those who shoot best  ~  Voltaire

Offline Marshal LongTree

• Master's Mate
  • Lieutenant Longtree
« Reply #115 on: January 29, 2017, 04:45:43 am »
Olaf just offended the entire Civil war reenactment community! Prepare for the flame olaf.

But i reenact civil war and i am not offended.

Offline Olafson

• Master's Mate
« Reply #116 on: January 29, 2017, 04:53:57 am »
I reenact civil war too...
I even do WW1.

It is just silly to do it in Napoleonics. Besides that, it is obviously not historically accurate.

Offline Marshal LongTree

• Master's Mate
  • Lieutenant Longtree
« Reply #117 on: January 29, 2017, 05:08:39 am »
I reenact civil war too...
I even do WW1.

It is just silly to do it in Napoleonics. Besides that, it is obviously not historically accurate.

What do you reenact in ww1 Olafson ? I do ww1 British

Offline Olafson

• Master's Mate
« Reply #118 on: January 29, 2017, 12:02:49 pm »
French 85th ofc. Look at my sig. It links to holdfast website, but yeh :P

Offline Kaide Wolf

• Ordinary Seaman
  • Steam: [59th] Kaide
« Reply #119 on: January 31, 2017, 12:38:20 am »
Would any of you guys like to be involved in a Zulu reenactment ? I personally would love too!. I assume it may be controversial, Blacking your faces to appear as Zulus.

Yet, by that logic none-Caucasians women/men dying their hair and using make-up to appear more European equally wrong?

Thoughts?
« Last Edit: January 31, 2017, 12:40:12 am by Kaide Wolf »