Anvil Game Studios

Author Topic: Reenactment Regiments (NW)  (Read 23641 times)

Offline Harris1815

• Master's Mate
  • what ar you lookin at?
  • Faction: British Empire
  • Nick: Harris
Re: Reenactment Regiments (NW)
« Reply #120 on: January 31, 2017, 12:43:21 am »
I would love to do that Fire my Martini Henry fearing my life as a Native stabs me with a small spear Oh what Fun! but really though I would come if people did that?
God is not on the side of the big battalions, but on the side of those who shoot best  ~  Voltaire

Offline Jackson

• Anvil Game Studios
  • Midshipman
  • Faction: Neutral
« Reply #121 on: January 31, 2017, 12:48:26 am »
Would any of you guys like to be involved in a Zulu reenactment ? I personally would love too!. I assume it may be controversial, Blacking your faces to appear as Zulus.

Yet, by that logic none-Caucasians women/men dying their hair and using make-up to appear more European equally wrong?

Thoughts?

My thoughts are that that's the dumbest thing I've heard in my entire life.
-Freelance character designer for Holdfast: Nations At War.

Offline Marshal LongTree

• Master's Mate
  • Lieutenant Longtree
  • Faction: French Empire
« Reply #122 on: January 31, 2017, 01:21:08 am »
Would any of you guys like to be involved in a Zulu reenactment ? I personally would love too!. I assume it may be controversial, Blacking your faces to appear as Zulus.

Yet, by that logic none-Caucasians women/men dying their hair and using make-up to appear more European equally wrong?

Thoughts?

Agree

Offline Capt.Fordy

• Ordinary Seaman
« Reply #123 on: January 31, 2017, 09:51:02 am »
I'm signing on with the Coldstream guard reenactors come may  ;D
fordy

Offline Marshal LongTree

• Master's Mate
  • Lieutenant Longtree
« Reply #124 on: January 31, 2017, 02:01:40 pm »
I'm signing on with the Coldstream guard reenactors come may  ;D

Good Luck mate

Offline Kaide Wolf

• Ordinary Seaman
  • Steam: [59th] Kaide
« Reply #125 on: January 31, 2017, 06:34:42 pm »

Thoughts?

My thoughts tell me you're just plain rude. Being from African background and from my experiences the reenactments from South Africa , their are amazing, unqiue and very different from European ones.

Of course in Europe you won't get the chance to be involved in a African reenactments. I think that stems from political correctness. Many black Europeans participate in European based reenactments. Yet, Europeans don't in African ones? I don't understand why Europeans only participate in white reenactments?

There is great history in Africa, China etc.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2017, 06:37:03 pm by Kaide Wolf »

Offline Marshal LongTree

• Master's Mate
  • Lieutenant Longtree
« Reply #126 on: January 31, 2017, 09:30:16 pm »

Thoughts?

My thoughts tell me you're just plain rude. Being from African background and from my experiences the reenactments from South Africa , their are amazing, unqiue and very different from European ones.

Of course in Europe you won't get the chance to be involved in a African reenactments. I think that stems from political correctness. Many black Europeans participate in European based reenactments. Yet, Europeans don't in African ones? I don't understand why Europeans only participate in white reenactments?

There is great history in Africa, China etc.

Nationalism is the answer people want to do wars that there ancestors fought

Offline Olafson

• Master's Mate
  • Flying Squirrel Entertainment
« Reply #127 on: January 31, 2017, 10:21:34 pm »
No, the reason I do stuff I am interested in, is because I am interested in it. Not because I am Nationalist. I even reenact the French, yet I am German.

Very different cultures, (For example, anything that is not European) are just not interesting to me. Sure, you can define that as some kind of Nationalism, I guess, but really it is not. It is where I grew up, so I am obviously more related and interested in it.
I don't care a crap about my ancestors either. For all I care, they could have been from China, I still would not be the slightest more interested in Chinese culture.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2017, 10:23:25 pm by Olafson »

Offline Owen

• Chaplain
  • The Flying Baguette's Captain
    • Steam
  • Nick: Owen
« Reply #128 on: February 01, 2017, 11:10:11 am »
I mean, my underground xd not a real cave it's not a treasure chest

Offline Midnight

• Regiment Leaders
  • Master
  • Barely legal
  • Nick: Midnight
« Reply #129 on: February 01, 2017, 05:34:45 pm »
Still waiting to be smuggled, I mean legally migrated
Manager of the Regimental Information account. Contact me if you wish to help with the project.
If you need to contact me, add me on Steam.

Offline Olafson

• Master's Mate
« Reply #130 on: February 03, 2017, 03:38:10 am »
So anyone intersted in taking part in this: https://www.facebook.com/events/1398852523480878/

I still have place for 1/2 new guys. So tell me if you are interested. No costs involved (But for 10 Euro for food), I will give you all gear and weapon. You just have to get there somehow, or close to it, so I can pick you up on my way to there.

Offline Marshal LongTree

• Master's Mate
  • Lieutenant Longtree
« Reply #131 on: February 03, 2017, 04:17:46 am »
So anyone intersted in taking part in this: https://www.facebook.com/events/1398852523480878/

I still have place for 1/2 new guys. So tell me if you are interested. No costs involved (But for 10 Euro for food), I will give you all gear and weapon. You just have to get there somehow, or close to it, so I can pick you up on my way to there.

will you smuggle me in to the EU ?

Offline Harris1815

• Master's Mate
  • what ar you lookin at?
  • Nick: Harris
« Reply #132 on: February 03, 2017, 04:43:18 pm »

will you smuggle me in to the EU ?

God is not on the side of the big battalions, but on the side of those who shoot best  ~  Voltaire

Offline Irahi

• Master's Mate
« Reply #133 on: February 06, 2017, 09:57:31 am »

Can you take some photos from there for us ?

Offline Marshal LongTree

• Master's Mate
  • Lieutenant Longtree
« Reply #134 on: February 14, 2017, 04:27:40 pm »
Any good places to get uniforms I am having trouble finding places that sell