Documentation on how to host a server can be found below. It will be updated as we push updates towards the game.View Documentation - Holdfast: NaW Server Documentation v2
Server Tips Your Server Is Experiencing Latency Issues
Take note of the following points if the server you are hosting is experiencing latency issues.- Take note of the following:
1) Make sure that your CPU has a core speed of at least 3.6 GHz and that you’re not exceeding your bandwidth. You should also run your game server on a single physical and logical core.
2) Make sure that your server box's 'Power Options' are set to 'High Performance'
. By default, this is set to 'Balanced'. Please change this!
3) Make sure that you have the latest Windows updates installed on your machine. This is very important.
4) Make sure that you follow the folder structure as defined in the documentation. Copy over the ‘holdfast_naw_public_servers’ folder over to your root drive then include the contents of the game from Steam in the ‘holdfast_naw_public_server’ folder.
5) Make sure that you properly allow the game ports from your firewall (outbound and inbound) on UDP.
6) Don’t rename the ‘Holdfast NaW.exe’ executable.
7) Don’t switch between Naval and Army based game modes.