Anvil Game Studios

Author Topic: Melee Control and Reloading  (Read 1475 times)

Offline KillerShark

• Landsman
  • KillerShark
  • Faction: British Empire
Melee Control and Reloading
« on: September 22, 2017, 12:30:48 am »
I realize not too many people play with movement key controls for melee, but I think it would be a very good addition for those that do. Tapping "W" will allow an up attack/block, tapping "S" will allow a down attack/block, tapping "A" will allow a left side attack/block, and tapping "D" will allow a right side attack/block.

Then just one suggestion for reloading would be to make the reloading a little bit slower when you are moving and maybe a little bit faster if you are standing/crouching still. Currently I am seeing a lot of people getting out of engagements by reloading and walking away. I think there needs to be a system put in place where it is possible to reload on the move, but is discouraged for pvp gameplay.
Former: 29th Cpl, 12th Cpl, Nr37 Kpl, 18th LtCol, 1stMN/64th SgtMaj, 23rdPA SgtMaj, 45e CplFo, 78th ESO, 29th Capt, 57th Kgm, LG Fus, 34e SoD, and 2ndQF LCpl, LG Uffz, Nr4 Gmnr, 98e SoD, and 75e Fus.

Offline TheItalianoX

• Ordinary Seaman
Re: Melee Control and Reloading
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2017, 11:24:34 am »
The slower reload while moving (maybe a little also while crouched) could be a nice idea.

Offline KillerShark

• Landsman
  • KillerShark
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2017, 04:35:25 am »
The slower reload while moving (maybe a little also while crouched) could be a nice idea.
I just think it would make the game a little more diverse instead of just having a slow paced shooter game due to the people not engaging  :D
Former: 29th Cpl, 12th Cpl, Nr37 Kpl, 18th LtCol, 1stMN/64th SgtMaj, 23rdPA SgtMaj, 45e CplFo, 78th ESO, 29th Capt, 57th Kgm, LG Fus, 34e SoD, and 2ndQF LCpl, LG Uffz, Nr4 Gmnr, 98e SoD, and 75e Fus.

Offline Knightmare

• Chaplain
  • paki
  • Nick: S.Williamson
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2017, 01:32:35 pm »
You can just edit your keys.

Offline KillerShark

• Landsman
  • KillerShark
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2017, 02:34:26 pm »
You can just edit your keys.
Unfortunately you can't just edit your keys. It's not changing one key to do something else, it's enabling a different way to block/attack. If you go on Warband and select attack and block directions by movement keys instead of mouse movement, you will understand. 

Offline MRhrissie

• Landsman
  • Faction: French Empire
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2017, 10:12:56 pm »
I completely agree, I have over 2k hours on mount&blade warband of which most were on NW including a lot of linebattles/events. And all that time I have been using movement keys for my block and attack direction. Now I am trying to get used to mouse movement because this game is forcing me too, but I am having a lot of difficulty adapting to mouse movement. I would personally really love to see movement keys get added as a possible block and attack direction and I hope the devs will actually add it before it gets out of early acces.

Offline Spork

• Able Seaman
  • 为人民服务 - Serve the People
  • Nick: SJWC Spork
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2017, 04:45:03 am »
A significant amount of people used movement keys for blocking and attacking, I would like to see that brought to this game.

I agree with KillerShark on reloading as well, lots of people I come across in the pub servers find it better to walk away and try to reload than engaging me in melee when I come at them for melee. I get that they think melee is impossible currently and would rather take the chance of reloading, but I would like to see less of the retreating reload and more switches to melee, which would be helped by a slower moving-reload rate.

Offline Hughes

• Surgeon's Mate
  • Faction: Neutral
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2017, 02:06:53 pm »
Found this answer from a Dev in the steam forum:

AGS | Rycon  [developer] 26 Sep @ 7:37am
Yes, Blocking using keyboard will be added..

Offline KillerShark

• Landsman
  • KillerShark
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2017, 08:04:42 pm »
Found this answer from a Dev in the steam forum:

AGS | Rycon  [developer] 26 Sep @ 7:37am
Yes, Blocking using keyboard will be added..
Thanks for digging for us Hughes  :)