Anvil Game Studios

Author Topic: Water and land battles  (Read 1041 times)

Offline RobinHood1

• Landsman
Water and land battles
« on: September 24, 2017, 08:18:16 pm »
Please let us swim in land battles, the invisible walls are kind of annoying, especially as they are placed so far up the shore like the soldiers don't want to get there feet wet! 

If this is for map design reasons then at least move the walls back so the guys get up to their waist at least.

Also if you go in the water you should lose your ammo ::)

Offline Nurdbot

• Surgeon's Mate
  • Just another old snoddy
  • Faction: British Empire
Re: Water and land battles
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2017, 08:22:09 pm »
I do agree on letting players risk it and swim across the deeps, invisible walls on the shores do sort of suck.

Not sure about losing ammo for the time being. Maybe the feature can wait until we can get ammo from other sources first?

Offline RobinHood1

• Landsman
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2017, 08:51:46 pm »
I do agree on letting players risk it and swim across the deeps, invisible walls on the shores do sort of suck.

Not sure about losing ammo for the time being. Maybe the feature can wait until we can get ammo from other sources first?

Yes, it would have to wait until you could pickup ammo off dead bodys

Offline Lord_of_Beer

• Able Seaman
  • Faction: Neutral
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2017, 09:35:33 pm »
I disagree, the point of the bridges is to act as a chokepoint. If you could just walk through the water, they would be pointless. You can already flank on both maps very easily, but since it takes so long to walk from spawn to the battles right now, few people bother to do it.

The bridges need to be made at least 50-100% wider though.
Red Orchestra 2: 850 hours;  PUBG: 500 hours
Empire Total War: 350 hours; Shogun Total War 2 (FOTS): 120 hours
Half Life Battlegrounds Mod 1&2: 15 hours each
Chivalry Medieval Warfare: 14 hours
HFNAW: 8 hours

Offline RobinHood1

• Landsman
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2017, 09:54:25 pm »
I disagree, the point of the bridges is to act as a chokepoint. If you could just walk through the water, they would be pointless. You can already flank on both maps very easily, but since it takes so long to walk from spawn to the battles right now, few people bother to do it.

The bridges need to be made at least 50-100% wider though.

Thanks why it would be slow and dangerous to swim, or not let you go more than waist deep.