Anvil Game Studios

Poll

What addition to the game would you guys like to see?

Cavalry
Mobile cannons
Reinforcements during sieges
More gamemodes(Domination/King of the hill,Capture the flag,...)
Ability to get revived by surgeons
Conquer ships by boarding them

Author Topic: New things  (Read 903 times)

Offline JohnSmith

• Surgeon's Mate
  • Faction: Neutral
  • Nick: Smitthy
New things
« on: October 14, 2017, 10:40:54 am »
Hi

I've been playing this game for a while now and I really enjoy it, but there is not a lot of variation in the game.
It would be nice to have some more gamemodes and some little things that would make the game more interesting to play.
For example: Chance to get revived while you're waiting to spawn (This way surgeons would have a real purpose in the game), Cavalry (This way charges and tactics would be way more interesting),The ability to board ships and conquer them by killing the captain or capturing a point on the ship after the ship is conquered it would be burned down (While boarding ships the ships would be attached to each other with grappling hooks which can be easily broken by the enemy crew to stop the boarding , Capture the flag kind of gamemodes and domination, more factions such as the prussian empire and denmark etc. ( It would also be nice if they have the ability to team up with france or GB), Another cool addition would be the ability to reinforce capture points while playing siege (Place barricades and pikes etc. to slow down the enemy) and last but not least a cannoniers unit that would be able to have mobile cannons while playing battlefield.

(I also had something in mind which may not be possible but it's certainly a very cool idea: I wanted to have an option at the main menu to customize characters, so for example when you're customizing your general character, you can add little decorations onto his coat or weapons etc. But this might be too much.)

Btw I know you guys are already working on a lot of stuff to make this game even better. These are just suggestions that I believe would make the game even better.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 10:46:16 am by JohnSmith »

Offline Irregular Alcoholic

• Chaplain
  • Bamboleo!!!!Bamboleo!
Re: New things
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2017, 10:57:02 am »
all this + stamina +sprint +mocap animation +many many others

Offline Carl Klinke

• Petty Officer
  • 51st Regiment of Foot
    • 51st Regiment of Foot
  • Faction: British Empire
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2017, 12:23:32 pm »
Number one on my list would be the cavalry!  :)

Otherwise some new game modes to spice things up on the public servers. Just shooting each other is getting repetitive quick. It's always better to fight for objectives or something. It concentrates the fight more on an area and adds a goal to it, besides to just waste the enemies tickets.

Offline Almqvist

• Regiment Leaders
  • Chaplain
  • Swede of the year
    • Svea Livgarde
  • Nick: Almqvist
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2017, 12:35:04 pm »
BUT improved melee > all of this

Offline JohnSmith

• Surgeon's Mate
  • Nick: Smitthy
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2017, 04:39:41 pm »
BUT improved melee > all of this
I get where you're coming from since melee is sometimes really buggy and weird.
I personally have tried and fix the melee issue a little bit by upping my melee sensitivity, now my melee is much better than before.
I've seen a post from someone who suggested to make melee like it is on battlefield 1. I think that's not that bad of an idea and might actually work great.

Offline Saris

• Master's Mate
  • Texas Poppin B
  • Faction: French Empire
  • Nick: Saris
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2017, 05:48:14 pm »
Almost everything you said in the poll is going to be added in game at some point. I'm not sure if a surgeon can revive the dead but we already have medics who can heal.

Offline Nurdbot

• Surgeon's Mate
  • Just another old snoddy
  • Faction: British Empire
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2017, 06:11:06 pm »
One of the forum moderators for this forum should really just make a stickied thread with a list of things that have been suggested and are being worked on by the developers. I parse this forum daily and am getting tired of seeing the same old suggestions.