Anvil Game Studios

Author Topic: Holdfast: Nations At War - Official Event Admin Applications  (Read 111 times)

TortugaTorpe, Maggot and 8 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Getty

• Board Moderator
  • Midshipman's Mate
  • Faction: Prussia
This is the thread for applying to be an Official Event Server Administrator (An admin that helps run public events)

Those interested in this position must be aware that it is a volunteer position in nature, there will be no fame or any real perks for becoming an official server event administrator. Those who are looking for these kinds of features would serve themselves best by not applying.

A successful applicant must always conduct themselves appropriately on the server, above and beyond the requirements of the server ruleset. Acting in a rational and unbiased manner is key. New administrators will be put on a trial status for the first few weeks of their appointment, however administrators will be held to account indefinitely for actions and inactions upon the official servers.

Applications are open to anyone who meets the above requirements, they may be accepted in a large batch or individually there is no open or close date for applications. DO NOT contact other administrators, AGS, or myself about the status of your application. If you do so your application will no longer be considered. Successful applicants will be informed via steam, discord, or on the forums, additionally if we have further questions about your application you may be contacted.

Important!
Only formal applications will be reviewed
1 application per individual (unless told otherwise)
Those who are not accepted will not be informed
Click the spoiler below for the application!

Spoiler
[close]
« Last Edit: Today at 11:23:07 am by Refleax »

Offline Getty

• Board Moderator
  • Midshipman's Mate
Reserved

Offline Getty

• Board Moderator
  • Midshipman's Mate
Reserved

Offline KRA | Stig

• Landsman
  • Faction: British Empire
  • Nick: KRA | Stig
Community Name: KRA | 2nd Artillery Lieutenant Stig
Steam Name: Stig023
Steam URL: https://steamcommunity.com/id/stig023/
Location/Timezone: USA / EST
About Yourself: I am currently a full time student studying mechanical engineering.  In my free time I enjoy hanging out with my friends, playing videogames (especially Holdfast), and helping out around the KRA.  Also I have 550 hours on Holdfast (probably more because the steam hour tracking broke for about a month)
Why you believe you would be a good administrator:  I believe that I would be a good server administrator because I am a calm person and do not get worked up about videogames, which will allow me to remain impartial in enforcing the rules of Holdfast public linebattles.  Since becoming involved with the KRA, I have been able to do a lot to give back to the regiment, including trainings and line leading, and I am continuing to do so by administrating multiple public linebattles per week, so I feel that I would be well suited to becoming a Public Event Administrator in an official capacity.
Previous Experience (if any):  I am an admin for the Sunday Multilife Public Linebattle and the Thursday Public Linebattle weekly. I have also administrates=d the Tuesday public linebattle many times in the past.
Any questions or concerns you have about administrating?:
References (if any): KRA | Kieran

Offline Rewan Helvetius

• Landsman
Community Name: KRA|1st Troop Lt. Rewan Helvetius
Steam Name: Rewan Helvetius
Steam URL: https://steamcommunity.com/id/RewanHelvetius/
Location/Timezone: Switzerland CET
About Yourself:  i'm currently i'm a stay at home house man so i have plenty of time and i love cav. i have played holdfast since jul.2018
Why you believe you would be a good administrator:  i have a very strong sense of justice and equality when Applied to specific parameters. as in i like it a lot when everyone follows the rules equally so that the amount of enjoyment from individual players can be maximised.
Previous Experience (required): from the moment i was able to i started admining KRA events (nearly 2 years now). from a Previews workplace i got training in conflict de escalation, delinquent education rather then prosecution and very good observational skills.
Any questions or concerns you have about administrating?: not at the moment.
References (if any): Haybales, Fathers, Kieran, WomanDoctor,

Offline JV44

• Landsman
Community Name: James JV44
Steam Name: The JV44
Steam URL: https://steamcommunity.com/id/thejv44/
Location/Timezone: Washington-PST
About Yourself: I'm enrolled in a online schooling system. I've been a part of the community for over a year, and I'm extremely active on discord. I'm a member of the High Command in the 8thLR and the leader of its Cavalry company. I'm also a founder of the Holdfast Workshop.
Why you believe you would be a good administrator: I'm an extremely experienced admin. I have helped with the responsibility of everything that goes on based around all of the 8th events. I've helped create rule sets, set administration policies, and I'm one of the most trusted admins in the 8th. I do not discriminate nor persecute. Most of all I communicate with other admins. I've been the head admin for a multitude of events, and I know a lot about Inter-admin communication. I'm well versed in all current admin policies, It doesn't hurt that I helped to make a few.
Have you administered any events on Holdfast(if yes please specify): 11 months public event admin experience, with additional private admin experience. Tuesday EU Public Linebattle (When it was still 8th), Tuesday NA 8thLR Private Linebattle, Wednesday 8thLR NA Public Linebattle, Saturday EU 8thLR Public Linebattle, Sunday EU 8thLR Public Linebattle, 8thLR Mini-games, (And probably other discontinued events that I forgot about).
Do you have any other relevant experience? : I do a lot of the behind the scenes work regarding rules and policies.
Any questions or concerns you have about administrating? : Nope.
References (if any): Mamba
« Last Edit: Today at 07:22:19 am by JV44 »

Offline lil peep

• Server Administrator
  • Standing Officer
  • Faction: French Empire
  • Nick: lilsleep
Community Name: Peep
Steam Name: [47e] Peep
Steam URL: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198287511826/
Location/Timezone: EST
About Yourself: I am recent Honours Bachelor of Arts degree graduate, with some free time while I sort the next steps in my life out. Ive enjoyed Holdfast for a very long time and would like to continue helping the game out.
Why you believe you would be a good administrator: I believe acting in an unbiased and lenient manner are essential qualities to be an administrator. I believe those two qualities help me to be a good administrator.
Have you administered any events on Holdfast(if yes please specify): Yes, 8thLR Wednesday Public Linebattle (only a couple times) and the Nr.9 Friday and Sunday (N.A.C.E) private events for many months.               
Do you have any other relevant experience? : I am an official server admin, and as such have experience enforcing the official server rules, with which I am very familiar. I am also a discord moderator for the official holdfast discord, where I help keep the fighting to the battlefield! Additional experience would moderator regiment discords and the unofficial Holdfast Melee discord.
Any questions or concerns you have about administrating? : None as of yet, but if I think of any I will be sure to ask.
References (if any): Nr.9 Hazen, 45e Turtle, E|C Jon Snow, 8thLR Big Mamba
Join the 47e Today
Add: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198287511826/
To get set up!

Offline {8thLR} Attila

• Landsman
Community Name: Glorious Attila or Attila

Steam Name: Attila

Steam URL: https://steamcommunity.com/id/GloriousAttilaTheMagnificent/

Age: I am currently in High School (would rather not give exact age sorry)

Location/Timezone: Virginia

About Yourself: My name is Attila I have been in the 8thLR for 14 months with 645hrs in holdfast. I am an Infantry NCO and a Moderator for the 8thLR. I have a passion for History and Geography. I play the Banjo and do Archery. I am also currently writing a book on the American Civil War.

Why you believe you would be a good administrator: I have am unbias I will warn/slay whoever breaks the rules no matter what regiment they are from and who they might be. I have been admining for about 8 months so I have a good idea on how it all works.

Have you administered any events on Holdfast(if yes please specify) I have admined at Public and Private events for about 8 months now. I have never had any complaints from anyone about my admining. Specifically the 8thLR Tuesday Line Battle, Wednesday 8thLR public line battle, Saturday 8thLR public line battle, and other 8thLR public events we no longer host.

Do you have any other relevant experience?: Outside of holdfast overall no. If there is another part to this question I am not understanding please let me know.

Any questions or concerns you have about administrating?: Yes I do have a question, is there anything on my resume that concerns you? If so please contact me. 

References (if any): Mamba
« Last Edit: Today at 06:40:39 am by {8thLR} Attila »

Online TortugaTorpe

• Landsman
Community Name: KRA | 2nd Troop Lt. TortugaTorpe

Steam Name: TortugaTorpe

Steam URL: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198061759313/

Location/Timezone: Eastern United States / EST

About Yourself: I have been playing holdfast/a member of the KRA since July 2018, and an officer fulfilling administrative responsibilities in the KRA since October 2018.  Interspersed with finishing my graduate school degree I managed to put (at the time of writing this) 1689 hours into Holdfast. The Philadelphia Eagles are the best football team. Cowboys bad.

Why you believe you would be a good administrator: Because I have a good sense of when to let people have some leeway and when to exert authority (aka slay) in a battle.  I don't take it personally when someone mouths off to the admin, and when people have disagreements about a ruling I speak to them plainly and clearly. I'd rather people come to an agreement than resort to petty hostility and an "us vs them" mentality.  In addition to that I make sure to be organized, stay on top of things, and be in the know about what is going on. I have created documents and spreadsheets to keep myself organized, and I keep in touch with all regiments and groups that I would need to as related to my responsibilities.

Have you administered any events on Holdfast(if yes please specify): Since July of 2019 I have been a full-time admin of the Thursday EU8 Public Linebattle.

Do you have any other relevant experience?: I have hosted internal events in the KRA for as long as I have been an officer, and during my time in graduate school I worked as a teacher.  I am familiar with dealing with and guiding teenagers.

Any questions or concerns you have about administrating?: I have a few.
  • With the move to a more centralized (under AGS directly and not regimentally) structure, how would admin teams be chosen? Do you expect them to be more or less similar to current teams based on who is accepted, allow us to decide ourselves, or will you simply be picking them yourselves?
  • Dependant on the previous question, will we be expected to be using a specific voice channel/method of communication during the linebattles? Or would that be left to the individual teams?
  • How much communication will there be between the public linebattle admins and AGS/the official Admins? Will we be expected to keep in contact with them frequently or just for situations that require administrative action?
  • How broad will the administrative permissions of the public linebattle admins? Will we be forced to just temp mute/slay/kick? Or would we be trusted with more potent actions like bans (provided we are able to provide sufficient evidence to support it)?

References (if any): Haybales, KJ, Kieran, Womendoctor, Fathers

« Last Edit: Today at 06:37:07 am by TortugaTorpe »

Offline CameronWright02

• Landsman
  • KRA | 1st Artillery Lt. Cameron
    • The 1st King's Royal Army Discord
  • Nick: CameronKRA
Community Name:KRA | Artillery Major Cameron
Steam Name: Cameron
Steam URL: https://steamcommunity.com/id/cameronw02
Location/Timezone: UK/GMT
About Yourself: I have been playing Holdfast now for a year and I have racked up 1400 hours within the game. Furthermore I was appointed Major of the Artillery company in the KRA and I have been fulfilling administrative duties there for most of my duration in the regiment.
Why you believe you would be a good administrator: I have a lot of patience and I am generally level headed on all subjects. I will take the upmost care and attention into making sure any issues within an event are dealt with efficiently and promptly.
Have you administered any events on Holdfast(if yes please specify): I have administrated the Sunday Conquest event for 6 months now along with helping out at the Tuesday and Thursday Public Linebattles         
Do you have any other relevant experience?: I used to administrate large servers within the Rust and ETS2 community.
Any questions or concerns you have about administrating?: No
References (if any) Haybales, Fathers, Pack21, Kieran, Soy
KRA | 1st Artillery Lt. Cameron

Online Maggot

• Ordinary Seaman
  • 8thLR Infantry Captain
Re: Holdfast: Nations At War - Official Event Admin Applications
« Reply #10 on: Today at 01:33:36 pm »
Community Name: {8thLR} Hauptmann Maggot

Steam Name: {8thLR} Maggot

Steam URL: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198288216208/

Location/Timezone: Germany/GMT+1

About Yourself: I am currently in my last year of school before moving on to the higher stuff. I have been playing Holdfast for the past year now and have gathered around 570hrs of play time. I am also part of the High Command as the Infantry Captain of the 8thLR.

Why you believe you would be a good administrator: I believe that i would be a good administrator because i have a passion for organising things. I have more fun administrating an Event than actually playing it most of the time. Switching people over for balance, watching when to call the all charge and similar things are all part of that organisation that i love so much. While i might be quite a young person, i still have a good feeling for rulesets and the communication with others is something that i have learned to use quite well.

Have you administered any events on Holdfast(if yes please specify): Yes i have a good bunch of experience. For the past 8 Months i was an Event Admin for the 8thLR EU Linebattles and since the past 6 Months i have been head-admining alot. These Linebattles were:  8thLR Tuesdays (When it was still ours of course), 8thLR Saturdays and 8thLR Sundays.

Do you have any other relevant experience?: I have organised internal Linebattles for the 8thLR.

Any questions or concerns you have about administrating?: None.

References (if any) {8thLR} Big Mamba
« Last Edit: Today at 01:36:22 pm by Maggot »

Offline CheeseBill

• Able Seaman
  • Nick: {8thLR} FW.SLt.
« Reply #11 on: Today at 02:15:55 pm »
Community Name: {8thLR} CheeseBill
Steam Name: CheeseBill
Steam URL: https://steamcommunity.com/id/CheeseBill
Location/Timezone: Netherlands (GMT+1)
About Yourself: I have been playing Holdfast for more than a year now, and have over 1000 hours in the game. During this time I've been part of the 8th Life Regiment for a bit less than a year now. I have been an officer in the 8thLR for about 6 months now. In my personal life I'm a full time student.
Why you believe you would be a good administrator: I am always unbiased in my admin decisions and everybody starts on a clean state at the start of every event. Along with this I know the rules very well and know how and when to enact them, and how strict to be with them. Along with this I am good at receiving feedback, both positive and critical, and using it to improve the event. I always stay respectful and professional when receiving this or during arguments about the rules. Along with this I am good at communicating with the rest of the admin team, which I think is also crucial to having an event that runs well.
Have you administered any events on Holdfast(if yes please specify): I have admined the Tuesday public linebattle when it was still hosted by the 8thLR. Along with this I currently admin both the 8thLR Saturday and Sunday public linebattle. I have done this for over 6 months now. I often take the "Head administrator" role upon me (which is only within the 8thLR, I'll tell the definition here:) which means I divide the roles between the admin team, make sure the admins behave professionally and respectfully and receive any criticism after and during the linebattle.     
Do you have any other relevant experience?: I have admined several 8thLR internal events. Along with this I have been part of the Discord admin team in the 8thLR where I enforce the rules and make sure everybody has fun. I have also refereed several ESR (melee) events in the past.
Any questions or concerns you have about administrating?: N/a
References (if any): Bigmamba, Any of the other 8thLR admins.
Discord:                CheeseBill#0752

Offline 8thDarius

• Landsman
  • 8th Life Regiment
  • Nick: Darius
« Reply #12 on: Today at 02:16:51 pm »
Community Name: {8thLR} Kv. FJ Darius

Steam Name: Darius

Steam URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/8thDarius/

Location/Timezone: UK - GMT

About Yourself: Currently working as a security manager for a bookmaker in Britain. Managed to rack up around 700 Holdfast hours, currently an NCO in the 8thLR. Have a good balance between Holdfast duties and IRL commitments, enjoy a good metal concert here and there and try my best to follow my footie team (Man Utd) around the country.

Why you believe you would be a good administrator: I have a lot of patience in that I don’t jump the gun. I believe the relationship between the players and admins is important and as such attempt to be rational when making decisions. I have experienced administrating both public and private events and trust my way of approaching both inexperienced and experienced players.

Have you administered any events on Holdfast(if yes please specify):
8thLR (Formerly) Tuesday Public
Linebattle.
8thLR Tuesday Private Linebattle
8thLR Wednesday NA Public Linebattle (Hosted by Big Mamba ofc.)
8thLR Saturday Public Linebattle
8thLR Sunday Public Linebattle

Do you have any other relevant experience?: I am happy to manage balance for the private lb we have, able to make quick adjustments to numbers.

Any questions or concerns you have about administrating?: Only curious about how administrating teams will be decided for each event.
References (if any): Big Mamba

Offline KJ

• Regiment Leaders
  • Standing Officer
  • Joe Pesci Impersonator
« Reply #13 on: Today at 02:54:34 pm »
Community Name: KRA | King Kenneth Lee

Steam Name: KJ

Steam URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/WakandanKing

Location/Timezone: EST

About Yourself: Been on Holdfast for 2+ years now and started the KRA with Haybales as the head of our events sector and head administrator of events as the other general recently stepped away from leading the KRA and now only administrate events to help the community. In my personal life I'm a active livestreaner, and in the immigration process to move to Europe.

Why you believe you would be a good administrator: I have been an administrator for a long time not only on Holdfast but in other communities. I like to approach things as middle of the line as possible and like to put the fun of the players before my own. I dont rule nazi, however I make I everyone around knows what's going on and give them the opportunity to correct themselves before they are punished for screwing up. As an admin you're essentially in charge of over 100 people enjoying themselves and I dont want to ruin it by screwing up - I take it fairly seriously.

Have you administered any events on Holdfast(if yes please specify):

1st KRA Saturday Public Linebattle (gave to 8th)

1st KRA Thursday Night Hardcore Battle (discontinued due to server issues)

1st KRA Public King of the Hill Event (Changed to LB)

1st KRA Thursday Night Public Linebattle

Do you have any other relevant experience?:
Any questions or concerns you have about administrating?: As stated above I helped run the KRA for 2 years before stepping away, I've ran the public linebattle every thursday night for years, and was the head administrator for every KRA run event on the game when we were hosting our private ones. I've also been the head of 3 other successful gaming communities and a bit of management experience in my real life.

References (if any) Haybales, Fathers, Kieran, Pack.