Anvil Game Studios

Author Topic: 53e Regiment d'Infanterie de Ligne [Real 53e NA]  (Read 16542 times)

Offline Nano

• Petty Officer
  • Meme'd my life away
  • Faction: French Empire
  • Nick: 84e_Nano
Re: 53e Regiment d'Infanterie de Ligne [NA]
« Reply #60 on: February 03, 2017, 06:24:50 am »
Just to clear things up i'm not making this regiment to troll twitchy my regiment chose the name 53e for this new game which is nothing to do with NW at all so please don't listen to twitchy!

Also any devs / mods reading this please sort this out as the LtCol and Col of the NW (53e) is threating me saying that ill be banned because they know devs etc... i can provide screenshots if needed.

Thanks to every for wishing me luck!

I don't think it is very respectful to attempt to invalidate the last 9 months of regimental material for the 53e. Maybe when changing your name, you should look into which regiments already exist?

He has handled this badly with threats etc.
You already have a regiment name, why change it?

Just because you were here 6 days earlier, how does that give you complete control over someone else's identity

Mate I can have this name if I want? If he cared so much about the name he should have been over here and claimed it.

How did you find out about HoldFast?
Why are you entitled to the name?

Offline Rick

• Ordinary Seaman
  • Faction: British Empire
« Reply #61 on: February 03, 2017, 06:49:24 am »
Just to clear things up i'm not making this regiment to troll twitchy my regiment chose the name 53e for this new game which is nothing to do with NW at all so please don't listen to twitchy!

Also any devs / mods reading this please sort this out as the LtCol and Col of the NW (53e) is threating me saying that ill be banned because they know devs etc... i can provide screenshots if needed.

Thanks to every for wishing me luck!

I don't think it is very respectful to attempt to invalidate the last 9 months of regimental material for the 53e. Maybe when changing your name, you should look into which regiments already exist?

He has handled this badly with threats etc.
You already have a regiment name, why change it?

Just because you were here 6 days earlier, how does that give you complete control over someone else's identity

Mate I can have this name if I want? If he cared so much about the name he should have been over here and claimed it.

Why are you entitled to the name?

Offline Nano

• Petty Officer
  • Meme'd my life away
« Reply #62 on: February 03, 2017, 07:59:51 am »
Spoiler
[close]

Mature

Offline EthanNi

• Petty Officer
  • Nick: 53e_Ethan
« Reply #63 on: February 03, 2017, 05:34:58 pm »
Spoiler
[close]

Mature

Wait this is the most stupid comment I have seen yet

How does it matter how someone hears about holdfast? I heard it from Multiple regimental leaders from NW community (Not like that matters)
What Entitles me to the name? Well what entitles anyone to any name. What entitles your regiment to be called 84e. (You make really bad points so I'm gonna ask you not to comment dumb stuff on my regiment post! Thanks.  ;) ;)

Offline Harris1815

• Master's Mate
  • what ar you lookin at?
  • Nick: Harris
Re: 53e Regiment d'Infanterie de Ligne [Real 53e NA]
« Reply #64 on: February 03, 2017, 08:55:03 pm »
This drama though as every single discussion on this forum says its a first come first serve basis. Question ethan you got anymore of those memes? like 53e's
God is not on the side of the big battalions, but on the side of those who shoot best  ~  Voltaire

Offline Sir Jimmy

• Regiment Leaders
  • Master's Mate
  • Nick: 69thSL Jimmy
« Reply #65 on: February 03, 2017, 11:38:28 pm »
This drama though as every single discussion on this forum says its a first come first serve basis. Question ethan you got anymore of those memes? like 53e's

Need some more memes

Offline EthanNi

• Petty Officer
« Reply #66 on: February 04, 2017, 06:23:00 pm »
What memes you after ;)

Offline Conorrob

• Surgeon's Mate
  • [116th] Conorrob
  • Nick: Conorrob
« Reply #67 on: February 04, 2017, 07:08:13 pm »
Spoiler
[close]

Mature

To put it simply its a different game with a different community even if it is some of the same faces. He was here first by a week so technically he is in the right no matter what the intent is, the name got reserved first. Be on the ball or lose out its a tough world people should deal with it and move on. Nobody is entitled to any name since thats all they are historical names in a game. Just be faster to get what you want if they hold a sentimental value to you...
« Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 07:11:23 pm by Conorrob »

"War doesnt determine who is right, Only who is left"

Offline EthanNi

• Petty Officer
« Reply #68 on: February 04, 2017, 08:27:34 pm »
Spoiler
[close]

Mature

To put it simply its a different game with a different community even if it is some of the same faces. He was here first by a week so technically he is in the right no matter what the intent is, the name got reserved first. Be on the ball or lose out its a tough world people should deal with it and move on. Nobody is entitled to any name since thats all they are historical names in a game. Just be faster to get what you want if they hold a sentimental value to you...

Exactly 100% :P :P

Offline Bluey

• Petty Officer
  • When out of ammo , fix your bayonet. You idiot.
  • Nick: 84e_Cpl_Bluey
« Reply #69 on: February 04, 2017, 08:34:07 pm »
Wow hov hov >:( Whats with ganging up on nano ?
Despite what ever you guys say, this community will never be "new game, new community, old faces"

Here is a history lesson, there are 19 Napoleonic era games ever realesed on pc/console. 16 are strategy games.
3 are action game / mods.

Battlegrounds realesed 10 years ago.

Original players ,modders and makers of Battlegrounds for half life ; Having tired of their games limitation decided to move community onto mount and blade warband to increase number of files and catch the real atmosphere of the era. That was 8 years ago and I was lucky i was there to see it. "ex 22nd- Vince's regiment"

Aldemar took 84e *Oct 2, 2010* from previous and original makers of 84e in freaking 2010. I fought agaisnt Aldemar in event waterloo 1 "Sep 26, 2010" in mount and musket.

This community's core are decade old modders which most went into making their own game for extra comfort and atmosphere, and as such you will excuse older regiment owners to be angry when they see their 3-7-10 years old history tried to be claimed into a single hand by proably less experianced or totally random person.

Not everything can be tied to laws or rules, there are times what makes a name important is the amount of sweat and hard work put into it and people hate seing their efford going waste or taken away.

If you try to make a rule like first one gets it , then there will be about several thousand players left randomly wandering around and pissed.

Devs told everyone solve these problems among ourselves , here how it goes may the best one take the name and deserve the name until then multiple clans with same names are allowed and usurpers will proably suffer from veterans unless mid ground is found.

I personally believe fakers will die fast with or without realese of game anyway or there will be merges all across the board.

It's time to kick gum and chew ass and I'm all out of ass

Offline Nano

• Petty Officer
  • Meme'd my life away
« Reply #70 on: February 04, 2017, 09:03:17 pm »
Spoiler
[close]

Mature

How does it matter how someone hears about holdfast? I heard it from Multiple regimental leaders from NW community (Not like that matters)
What Entitles me to the name? Well what entitles anyone to any name. What entitles your regiment to be called 84e. (You make really bad points so I'm gonna ask you not to comment dumb stuff on my regiment post! Thanks.  ;) ;)

If you feel as though I raised bad points, you should explain why they are so bad.
How does it matter how someone hears about holdfast?
How doesn't matter, but when does. How can he post his regiment thread if he doesn't even know the game exists? Due to this, first come first served is invalid this early into the community
What Entitles me to the name? Well what entitles anyone to any name. What entitles your regiment to be called 84e.
The 84e has a claim to the name as they have already had the name in the past and have a reputation and community built around it.
You can call yourself 53e if you want, but you seem to want only one 53e. The other 53e has a much better claim to the name than you. The cheek of demanding an existing regiment to change name, just because you want to take the name yourself.  ::) I am not sure how you fail to see what is wrong with your random name change.

Edit: One of you will have disbanded by the time HoldFast comes out, I suppose it will work itself out.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2017, 08:32:51 am by Nano »

Offline EthanNi

• Petty Officer
« Reply #71 on: February 05, 2017, 10:44:35 pm »
Spoiler
[close]

Mature

If you feel as though I raised bad points, you should explain why they are so bad.
How does it matter how someone hears about holdfast?
How doesn't matter, but when does. How can he post his regiment thread if he doesn't even know the game exists? Due to this, first come first served is invalid this early into the community
What Entitles me to the name? Well what entitles anyone to any name. What entitles your regiment to be called 84e.
The 84e has a claim to the name as they have already had the name in the past and have a reputation and community built around it.
You can call yourself 53e if you want, but you seem to want only one 53e. The other 53e has a much better claim to the name than you. The cheek of demanding an existing regiment to change name, just because you want to take the name yourself.  ::) I am not sure how you fail to see what is wrong with your random name change.

Edit: One of you will have disbanded by the time HoldFast comes out, I suppose it will work itself out.

Twitchy knew about this game before I did so its not my fault he didn't come on and claim it I have spoke to some NCO's of his and they said they didn't know if they were coming to this game.

Offline immath1

• Regiment Leaders
  • Standing Officer
  • Nick: A. Halkett
« Reply #72 on: February 06, 2017, 01:12:34 am »
I believe it should be 1st come first server on here,

Offline Harris1815

• Master's Mate
  • what ar you lookin at?
  • Nick: Harris
« Reply #73 on: February 06, 2017, 03:42:29 am »
This needs to Stop!

God is not on the side of the big battalions, but on the side of those who shoot best  ~  Voltaire

Offline EthanNi

• Petty Officer
« Reply #74 on: February 06, 2017, 03:15:40 pm »
The Admins has spoken lads, no name is reserved basically. I will continue to use the name 53e as soon as the game comes out, I have discussed it with my regiment and we are all for buying the game!

I would like people to stop commenting on my post about the situation and we will let the admins sort it out.

I reserved the name 6 days before any other 53e was even signed on the forums!

Hope this game comes out soon!