Anvil Game Studios

Author Topic: Allowing multiples of the same Regiment:  (Read 12309 times)

Offline LurV

• Ordinary Seaman
  • Faction: British Empire
Allowing multiples of the same Regiment:
« on: January 25, 2017, 10:02:04 pm »
Are we going to allow people to use the same regiment names or are we gonna be cancer about it like NW and its whoever has it, has it. I.e if we have 2 different 18e. Even if they have the same in-game tags, who cares? People will join the one they like regardless (Prices).

Offline Sanders

• Lieutenant
  • Faction: French Empire
  • Nick: Sanders
Re: Allowing multiples of the same Regiment:
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2017, 10:53:43 pm »
It's more than pathetic that someone couldn't find a regiment name that was unique. It doesn't even have to be historically accurate, but the idea of copycating someone's regimental names is fucking retarded. Usually leaders who use duplicates of the same regimental name only ruin the name of that particular regiment that they decided to copy. If they honestly couldn't take the time to research or come up with a regiment name, they shouldn't be leading a regiment at all in the first place.

Offline LurV

• Ordinary Seaman
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2017, 11:01:27 pm »
It's more than pathetic that someone couldn't find a regiment name that was unique. It doesn't even have to be historically accurate, but the idea of copycating someone's regimental names is fucking retarded. Usually leaders who use duplicates of the same regimental name only ruin the name of that particular regiment that they decided to copy. If they honestly couldn't take the time to research or come up with a regiment name, they shouldn't be leading a regiment at all in the first place.
Ok, no. But nice job at trying to be edgy.

Offline Sanders

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2017, 11:06:08 pm »
Alright Lurvy, you apparently don't like when someone criticizes you. That was my personal opinion on your topic of 2 regiments sharing the same name. Don't call me edgy just because you didn't like what I had to say about your topic.

Offline Rutger Müller

• Midshipman
  • Cpt Robert Müller
  • Faction: Neutral
  • Nick: fug off :DDDDDD
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2017, 11:23:01 pm »
When you get completely destroyed by John Sanders xddddddd

Offline LurV

• Ordinary Seaman
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2017, 11:51:07 pm »
Alright Lurvy, you apparently don't like when someone criticizes you. That was my personal opinion on your topic of 2 regiments sharing the same name. Don't call me edgy just because you didn't like what I had to say about your topic.

That wasn't really criticism towards me, so ok? I simple think your argument of "If you're too lazy to pick another regiment then you suck and shouldn't be a leader" to be dumb and not accurate. There are certain regiments people truly like and wish to use as their in-game tags.

Offline Sanders

• Lieutenant
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2017, 12:09:54 am »

That wasn't really criticism towards me, so ok? I simple think your argument of "If you're too lazy to pick another regiment then you suck and shouldn't be a leader" to be dumb and not accurate. There are certain regiments people truly like and wish to use as their in-game tags.
No point in continuing to argue with some random ass person over the internet. I'll leave it on the not that just because they "really like" a certain regimental name isn't even a half decent reason to copy another regiment's name.

Offline LurV

• Ordinary Seaman
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2017, 12:18:01 am »
Then why comment with said "random ass person" ? If you wanted to argue that people would take a regiment name to troll with it then I can see where you are coming from. But, that's fine Sanders.

Offline Truth

• Surgeon
  • A true champion will fight through anything!
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2017, 01:31:42 am »
I'm laying in a pool of tears.

Offline Pepper

• Master's Mate
  • Father of North American Cavalry.
  • Nick: Pepper
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2017, 02:15:28 am »
Amen.

Offline SirJames

• Petty Officer
  • I am the leader of the 85é
  • Nick: [85e]SirJames
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2017, 02:50:49 am »
What people can't choose from thousands of other regiments? Multiple of the same regiment is just plain dumb.

Offline Nurdbot

• Surgeon's Mate
  • Just another old snoddy
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2017, 03:05:25 am »
Since this game is also covering the competative side of things I imagine they'll have some sort of steamworks friendly database where people can register their usernames, clans and fighting group teams and all that will be the end of this.

Offline Bravescot

• Midshipman's Mate
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2017, 03:08:38 am »
Amen.

Offline EthanNi

• Petty Officer
  • Nick: 53e_Ethan
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2017, 03:14:59 am »
lmao lets all call our regiment 18e then? should be fun ehhhhhhh

Offline Midnight

• Regiment Leaders
  • Master
  • Barely legal
  • Faction: Prussia
  • Nick: Midnight
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2017, 04:59:48 am »
Amen.
Manager of the Regimental Information account. Contact me if you wish to help with the project.
If you need to contact me, add me on Steam.