Anvil Game Studios

Author Topic: Allowing multiples of the same Regiment:  (Read 12385 times)

Offline Painmace

• Surgeon's Mate
  • 2nd Lieutenant in the 32nd Regiment of Foot
    • 32nd's Enlistment Page
  • Faction: British Empire
  • Nick: Painmace
Re: Allowing multiples of the same Regiment:
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2017, 09:26:53 am »
Bad idea, with this people will make it confusing for new people not knowing which is what.
If there is a 2nd 32nd, for example, they will only try to steal our new members and "ride on our shoulders". Its the only reason someone would make a copycat regiment or they will try to ruin the name of the regiment.

This shouldnt be a discussion, its the internet and people will only use this to troll so no point in allowing it. Its not difficult to find another name, there are thousands of numbers you can use, find anotherone of your liking.
Edit: for example if you really want to use 32nd be french and use 32e or if there are austrians/prussians/russians use their equivalents. Choices are almost endless.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 09:35:55 am by Painmace »

Offline AgentMWolf

• Master's Mate
  • What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough
  • Nick: MadWolf
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2017, 09:27:29 am »

No there are many other Reg names someone can pick from.

Offline Mason

• Chaplain
  • Nick: Mason
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2017, 01:22:34 pm »
What people can't choose from thousands of other regiments? Multiple of the same regiment is just plain dumb.

Offline Pepper

• Master's Mate
  • Father of North American Cavalry.
  • Faction: French Empire
  • Nick: Pepper
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2017, 06:12:48 pm »
What people can't choose from thousands of other regiments? Multiple of the same regiment is just plain dumb.
100% agree, make your own legacy with a regiment don't hang on the cost tails of others. Don't get butt blasted when people tell you the truth.

Offline Aldemar

• Master's Mate
  • Colonel Capt. Aldejack Sparrowdemar
    • 84e Website
  • Nick: 84e_Col_Aldemar
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2017, 07:23:15 pm »
 So i think some people know the problem with my 84e and the other 84e "Vader". How should that be resolved? We already tried to find a solution with a friendly talk. No one wanted to change was the result, we agreed on being peaceful.

We exist since 2010 and own domains and several other stuff that is related to 84e, to change all that would be sad and a lot of work. But the other exist over 1 year as well and i understand that they wont change by their own as well. The one year they exist, they used the name in NW without asking and we never disbanded either .

I believe two regiments with the same name will cause a lot of problems. This wont be solved without the help of moderators. The same situation happened in NW and they added claim rights for MM regiments.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 03:28:04 pm by Aldemar »

Offline TheBakerUK

• Surgeon's Mate
  • Nick: TheBakerUK
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2017, 07:32:07 pm »
So i think some people know the problem with my 84e and the other 84e "Vader". How should that be resolved? And we already tryed to find a solution with a friendly talk. No one changes was the resault, we agreed on beeing peacful.

We exist since 2010 and own domains and several other stuff what is related to 84e, to change would be sad and alot of work. But the other exist over 1 year aswell and i understand that they wont change by their own as well. And they used the name in NW without asking aswell, we never disbanded.

I believe two regiments with the same name will cause alot of problems, this wont be solved without the help of moderators. The same situation happened in NW and they added claim rights for MM regiments.
Ex-77y Corporal | Ex-3rdKGL Major (Napoleonic Wars)

Offline Sanders

• Lieutenant
  • Nick: Sanders
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2017, 10:05:46 pm »
So i think some people know the problem with my 84e and the other 84e "Vader". How should that be resolved? And we already tryed to find a solution with a friendly talk. No one changes was the resault, we agreed on beeing peacful.

We exist since 2010 and own domains and several other stuff what is related to 84e, to change would be sad and alot of work. But the other exist over 1 year aswell and i understand that they wont change by their own as well. The one year they exist, they used the name in NW without asking and we never disbanded either .

I believe two regiments with the same name will cause alot of problems, this wont be solved without the help of moderators. The same situation happened in NW and they added claim rights for MM regiments.
I know Vader personally on the NA side, we're not that close but I could try and persuade him to change the name because the 84e was always an EU "Legacy Regiment", meaning that noone should have ever tried copying your name and bringing down the reputation and prestige you guys worked for over the years. If I discuss it with him, I can probably talk him into choosing another regiment name and making his own legacy with that name.

Offline Aldemar

• Master's Mate
  • Colonel Capt. Aldejack Sparrowdemar
    • 84e Website
  • Nick: 84e_Col_Aldemar
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2017, 10:13:21 pm »

We exist since 2010 and own domains and several other stuff what is related to 84e, to change would be sad and alot of work. But the other exist over 1 year aswell and i understand that they wont change by their own as well. The one year they exist, they used the name in NW without asking and we never disbanded either .

I know Vader personally on the NA side, we're not that close but I could try and persuade him to change the name because the 84e was always an EU "Legacy Regiment", meaning that noone should have ever tried copying your name and bringing down the reputation and prestige you guys worked for over the years. If I discuss it with him, I can probably talk him into choosing another regiment name and making his own legacy with that name.

I would support him aswell with everything i can offer. Media and such, but as i sayed we had already a chat in teamspeak about this, so he knows.

Thank you!

Offline SK

• Master's Mate
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2017, 10:36:08 pm »
Vader's one is going to disband before the game releases anyway.

Banter ok don't hurt me.

Offline Jakester

• Server Administrator
  • Acting Lieutenant
  • "Politics is just history in the making."
    • Steam Profile
  • Faction: Neutral
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2017, 10:41:29 pm »
Couldn't agree more with that first statement John Sanders made at the beginning!

Offline immath1

• Regiment Leaders
  • Standing Officer
  • Nick: A. Halkett
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2017, 03:07:03 am »
1st Come first serve policy

Offline Macca

• Midshipman
  • Lieutenant, 44th Foot.
  • Nick: Currie
« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2017, 05:56:24 am »

Offline Sharpe

• Petty Officer
    • Order of the Wolf
  • Nick: RGJ_Maj_Sharpe
« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2017, 06:56:52 am »

No there are many other Reg names someone can pick from.

I wish there was a like button cause this was funny as fuck.

Also i think if you pick the name then you should hold the name, but not for those shitty regiments with 10 men.

In the end it doesnt matter cause the Big regiments who have the big names will just bully the hell out of the small regiments until they give up the name. (not agreeing with the idea just accepting it)
1st Royal Green Jackets
Major Richard Sharpe
Order of the Wolf

Offline Bravo

• Petty Officer
« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2017, 09:29:11 pm »
It makes sense to me to have a reasonable base of players to "claim" a regiment.

At least put in an effort to have some sort of organised group as opposed to someone jumping in claiming a number with best intentions however never act on it.

Proof should be provided of a player base to guarantee activity of the regimental number.

But again at the end of the day it is only a number.

Offline Jammo

• Ordinary Seaman
  • Previous Lt Col of the 91st and Current Maj of 17e
« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2017, 11:39:05 pm »
This thread is just straight up ebola.