This "hardcore", as I understand whole idea is really nothing than "competive mode" to make linebattling community happy (or happier). Little bit more hardcore then vanilla (to reinforce need of skill and teamplay, make good challenge) but still no too over-top with realism and historism, still DYNAMIC and fun, as game to play online in pvp.
Also limitations of game engine and development recources must be considered (we can't go too fancy with fantasies).
In this framework, what I seen during test and what we need.
- I love to see longer living smoke (may be bit thicker), this will add some tactical considerations during extensive firefights.
- Generaly ballistics are okay with more drop, I liked it, combat feels better. Not so many sick 200 m headshots, but they still happen. Its likely matter of time when everyone will learn arcs better (to some extent, at least). I think we need little bit more spead after 100 m.
- Pistols need to be "nerfed" too, officers literaly sniping with them from crazy utterly unrealistic distances sometimes.
- Most elements of HUD can be force-hidden (like ammo count and minimap) in this mode.
- New line-battle friendly maps, not just open grassy fields, but whith some tactical challenge (in good sense).
- ALSO it will be very cool to have some kind of detailed after battle statistic by whole regiment (reading from tags), like shots fired, % of hits, kills, headshots, melee kills, teamkills and so on.