Anvil Game Studios

Author Topic: Riflemen  (Read 21472 times)

Offline DanielG453

• Regiment Leaders
  • Master's Mate
  • Faction: British Empire
  • Nick: W. Frederickson
Re: Riflemen
« Reply #60 on: February 16, 2018, 05:12:33 pm »
Thanks, to all the crying about Rifles the 95th will in our Event tonight will only be able to field six Riflemen.

The accuracy debuff would have been enough but, it seems that this now a punishment, thank you for destroying our regimental base.

Your Sincerely,
The Members of the 95th Rifles.

Offline CharlieTwoFive

• Surgeon's Mate
  • The Swordsman
  • Nick: CharlieTwoFive
« Reply #61 on: February 16, 2018, 05:30:37 pm »
I did not notice a decreased accuracy of the Rifleman with the new update but I can't confirm there was an accuracy debuff since the slot reduction was not announced or listed anywhere either.

All I can say is that the public games are a lot more balanced now and less people complain about the rifleman because they don't get sniped from across the map by 1/6 of the enemy team that often anymore. However, rifleman still dominate the scoreboard in most matches.

Decreasing the rifleman slots was the right thing to do for public matches. Having negative influence on regiment bases is an unfortunate byeffect.

And in regards to the "can't get a rifleman slot anymore"-issue - like someone said InGame:
You can't blame the game for you having a bad computer.
Some people load in faster than others. Life is unfair...  :D

Edit: Judging the range of the shots I took within the last 3 hours I highly doubt that the accuracy of the rifleman was touched in any way.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 09:09:57 pm by CharlieTwoFive »
MultiOnlineGamer since 2005

Offline Pepe The Frog

• Able Seaman
  • Faction: French Empire
« Reply #62 on: February 17, 2018, 12:46:29 am »
you get to notice the differences when you actually spent some time training with your weapon and understand how it works, anyways at least for now in regular army battlefield you can simply adjust, in assault you have to play ninja to make every shot count, so i'm pretty sure soon enough people will be crying again about riflemen.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2018, 01:35:30 am by Pepe The Frog »

Offline Absol

• Master's Mate
  • Nick: 61e Absol
« Reply #63 on: February 17, 2018, 02:33:47 am »
Thanks, to all the crying about Rifles the 95th will in our Event tonight will only be able to field six Riflemen.

The accuracy debuff would have been enough but, it seems that this now a punishment, thank you for destroying our regimental base.

Your Sincerely,
That's just in hardcore mode but ok

Offline Caselius

• Midshipman's Mate
  • Getting shot is my forte
  • Nick: Caselius
« Reply #64 on: February 17, 2018, 08:59:51 am »

Your Sincerely,
That's just in hardcore mode but ok
Hardcore mode has no effect on the class limits of the riflemen and it's limited to 6 even without. Worst thing is that it was  an unannounced change which had negative impact on regiments playing rifles in events.

Offline Pepper

• Master's Mate
  • Father of North American Cavalry.
  • Nick: Pepper
« Reply #65 on: February 17, 2018, 06:24:18 pm »

Your Sincerely,
Hey dude no problem for that stuff. Maybe next time don't focus on one aspect of a game to "base your regimental system" off of and actually become a good leader and don't use a broken system of a game as a cruch.

Offline DanielG453

• Regiment Leaders
  • Master's Mate
  • Nick: W. Frederickson
« Reply #66 on: February 17, 2018, 08:02:51 pm »

Your Sincerely,
Hey dude no problem for that stuff. Maybe next time don't focus on one aspect of a game to "base your regimental system" off of and actually become a good leader and don't use a broken system of a game as a cruch.

Well if you had any intellect you would understand as a Rifle Regiment it might make sense for us to play Rifles. The 95th to correct the deficit of information also has Line and Lights. So, I think your leadership comment is uncalled for. So, here's a bit of advice lets talk about the game and its problems not the leadership of other regiments.

Offline Etherton

• Regiment Leaders
  • Post-Captain
  • What do i put here?
  • Nick: Ethertonne
« Reply #67 on: February 18, 2018, 02:19:37 am »

Your Sincerely,

Says the leader of a 'Polish Lancers' regiment. Why arent you just a regular 'Polish Regiment' seems to be you are focusing on one aspect of a game to base your regiment off of. Maybe you should become a good leader, then again Poles were never very proficient in Military knowledge

Offline Bluehawk

• Global Moderator
  • Midshipman
  • Что делать? Стоять и умирать!
« Reply #68 on: February 18, 2018, 03:35:00 am »
Keep it civil.

Offline Pepper

• Master's Mate
  • Father of North American Cavalry.
  • Nick: Pepper
« Reply #69 on: February 18, 2018, 04:27:03 am »

Your Sincerely,

Says the leader of a 'Polish Lancers' regiment. Why arent you just a regular 'Polish Regiment' seems to be you are focusing on one aspect of a game to base your regiment off of. Maybe you should become a good leader, then again Poles were never very proficient in Military knowledge
Because Cav isnt in the game yet?  :-\ so I can't cry that an update broke my regiments experience yet. It seems you forget that there is NOTHING in the game that counters lights and rifles.

Offline CharlieTwoFive

• Surgeon's Mate
  • The Swordsman
  • Nick: CharlieTwoFive
« Reply #70 on: February 18, 2018, 07:15:22 am »
You're slowly sliding off topic, guys! ;)

B2T: Reducing the rifleman slots from 10 to 6 was a very good thing to do in regard to public matches. It was definitely past due!

^ (I know that at this point I'm repeating myself (see Reply #61))

However, now that 40% of the riflemen are off the field they still lead the scoreboards with kill-death-ratios most time way off the charts. In my experience 90% of my deaths are caused by riflemen - no exaggeration. Especially on low populated servers on maps like Sharpton or Fort Christina riflemen dominate the battlefield far out of reach from the other players. Watching them picking off your entire team coming from the spawn is really painful and within a few minutes the entire team disconnected out of frustration because they were unable to even get close to them to effectively return fire without getting instantly shot in the face by one of the riflemen.

Regardless the decrease of numbers of riflemen on the field they are still extremly powerful; of course they are supposed to be - up to a certain point. They should keep their accuracy and the number of six riflemen is totally fine in my opinion, too but I still think that the reload time needs to be increased. We have hashed and rehashed that issue in this thread in the past and I think we all agree on that by now. Another 3 seconds added to the reload time should be thoroughly acceptable. Give players a little more time (to attempt) avoiding that sort of accurate "sniper" (Please do not lapidate me for using that word) fire.

People who like to play riflemen will probably now go to the barricades. At this point everyone who still thinks that rifleman aren't overpowered (OP) is definitely not watching this problem objectively.

Best regards,

CharlieTwoFive
MultiOnlineGamer since 2005

Offline Secian

• Ordinary Seaman
  • Nick: Joseph Harris
« Reply #71 on: February 18, 2018, 07:31:15 am »
So happy rifles have been decreased...absolutely game-breaking and a crutch unit. It got to the point where I would have liked them to be removed until cav could come in and counter them but this is probably a more fair balance. Personally every lb I've played has never had rifles and only lights. Rifles are so game-breaking I figured they were banned because of how blatantly OP they are.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 07:32:49 am by Secian »

Offline Caselius

• Midshipman's Mate
  • Getting shot is my forte
  • Nick: Caselius
« Reply #72 on: February 18, 2018, 12:06:43 pm »
I think there is two things to consider in this: both public and linebattle gameplay which are two distinct things and complaints on one don't necessarily apply on another.

What I have seen myself since the last patch is that at-least in organized play the rifles have been nerfed to oblivion when compared to lights. Don't get me wrong, accuracy nerf and reload speed change (I haven't noticed the latter) could have been enough. Hardcore mode, at least from my experiences has had an positive impact on it due having less camp-shooting fest going on due limited ammo count and more line vs line action.

Easy fix on this would be to make class-limits server-side, this would please both public servers and linebattles as organizers could decide if there is specific classes and which numbers themselves. This would solve the problem for now and I think every light unit will be just fine after cavalry and class specific buffs and debuffs get implemented.

And if someone brings up the rifles card for me, I play lights in events.

Offline Stasiulek

• Master's Mate
  • <3 reenactment
    • Legia Nadwiślańska rekrutuje! Kontakt:
  • Nick: [LV]SLt.Stasiu
« Reply #73 on: February 18, 2018, 05:06:33 pm »
Says the WELL-KNOWN leader of a couple of 3 week NW regiments, who played for Pieter and learned being salty from him. Cmon! Is insulting other regs and their leaders the only thing you do on this forum? You'd better go back to NW and form another reg which will diaband after a week. Thx in advance...
Poles were never very proficient in Military knowledge
Because only english leaders are good and skilled? Once again plz watch what are writing there. This community is much more different than the one which exists on NW. You'll have to get used to it...

Offline Pepe The Frog

• Able Seaman
« Reply #74 on: February 18, 2018, 09:19:20 pm »
this Rifleman boogeyman thing has to stop.