Just give them points for healing! I'm not sure about any mechanic to "resurrect" people, don't really think it suits the era or general feel of the game right now.
- The carpenter needs to be a naval unit that can repair ships.
- Should be replaced with a Sapper in land based modes. (I swear this was shown in a dev blog somewhere)
Yep. They're moving to Naval, I'd imagine!
Sappers are confirmed in the development roadmap, see here for more information
. They should work awesome as Combat Engineers.
Implied abilities of the Sappers:
"Reinforce Doors - Engineers can reinforce doors to increase their resistance to damage.
Repair- The sapper will also be able to repair destroyed artillery pieces, player built defences and other objects on the map.
Explosive Barrel - Engineers can construct and carry explosive barrels underneath fortifications to create breaches. Explosives can also be used to destroy bridges.
Gabions - Engineers can construct wickerwork defences filled with earth to provide cover.
Shooting Platform - Engineers can construct platforms to allow players to shoot above cover such as walls.
Chevaux de frise - Engineers can construct chevaux de frise which damage cavalry if they touch them.
Infantry Spikes - Engineers can construct spikes which damage infantry if they touch them.
Chairs - Engineers can construct chairs because chairs are nice.
Perhaps the health buff should only apply to shooting damage?[/li][/list]
Alternatively, have them function as musical instruments do - a purely cosmetic object, that can be put away to draw a saber for melee combat.
Already confirmed to have different buffs are some point, see here for more!
They're actually played quite a lot right now, which surprises me personally but when this change comes - we'll likely see them used more (especially for reload speed).
- Should replace carpenter on land based maps.
- Should be able to build defenses like sand bags etc.
- Lots of demand for a class capable of repairing cannons. This is the one.
See above! Hyped for the Sapper.
Ammo Bearer Class
- Assuming objective based game-modes keep players alive longer, there needs to be a class capable of resupplying them with med's and ammo.
- Post cavalry update it would be nice to see a horse cart implemented for this role.
This would be incredibly awesome. Either a dedicated class for logistics, or just have the Sapper's fill this role (ammo capacity, really). If this class was implemented into Official servers, I would definitely like to see the ammo reduced
for all classes - to make this class relevant.
- Capable of spawning in movable cannons.
- Has the tools necessary to operate a cannon. (i.e Ramrod etc.)
- Would require the implementation cavalry to move the cannons with horses, but movable cannons with a pushing mechanic would also be grand.
I can see this being a huge
problem if trolls grab them. It's annoying enough when 1 of 6 riflemen is using the cannon, imagine is someone AFK's with 1 of 3 Artillerist slots.[/list]